Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 96024 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2015, 06:32:11 AM »
Got caught up last night. Easily the weakest episode this season.

- Ron is a moron. He's going to get himself killed. I don't trust him. Between him grabbing his knife and wanting Rick to teach him to shoot, I just have a bad feeling. I think Ron, his brother and their mother aren't making it out of Alexandria. I can't imagine the writers trying to work a relationship into Rick's character, not to mention what it'd do to Carl.
- There were FOUR motivational speeches and they were all equally lame
- I get that Tara is a lesbian, but I really wanted her and Eugene to do the deed. However, Eugene now has the opportunity for a post apocalyptic threesome (with lesbians  :hat).
- I was really surprised to see Maggie give up the search so easily. I think that's a dead give away that Glenn is coming back. I thought Aaron's baby name suggestion was pretty cute and well done.
- Doctor girl is going to end up saving someone in a heroic fashion. The first person died. She saved the second one at the last minute. I have a feeling that the next patient is going to hanging by a thread and she's going to save them. It might be Glenn, but my money is on Rick or Carl. Carl has already been shot and patched up. I have a hard time seeing them going down that road again. Rick's hand wasn't addressed this time around. Now that I'm thinking about it, she saved patient #2 by sucking the puss out of the infection. I wonder if Rick's hand is too far gone and she's going to have to cut it off?
- Deanna has really had a shitty couple of days. I'm curious what she's going to end up doing. Her walker scene was pretty good, though I thought she was done for sure when she repeatedly kept ignoring the walker's face.
- What was going on with the wall at the end? Was blood seeping in? If so, I think that's pretty indicative that the wall is coming down at the end of the next episode.

I think this episode was pretty unnecessary. I feel like TWD could be a perfect show if the season was only 10-12 episode long. Instead, season after season, the momentum is killed by these bullshit filler episodes. Morgan's episode and this one could have been a combined 90 minute special and it would have delivered the exact same information.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:41:11 AM by Chino »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »
I feel like TWD could be a perfect show if the season was only 10-12 episode long. Instead, season after season, the momentum is killed by these bullshit filler episodes. Morgan's episode and this one could have been a combined 90 minute special and it would have delivered the exact same information.

I agree. The 16 episode season almost mandates two or three 'filler' episodes and it sucks. I didn't mind last weeks episode...I valued it as a nice 'aftermath' episode but I do agree that the Morgan episode and the last episode could have been done in that 90 minute span.

- What was going on with the wall at the end? Was blood seeping in? If so, I think that's pretty indicative that the wall is coming down at the end of the next episode.

I don't think it'll be next episode as it looks like next week is all about Daryl, Abraham and Sasha.....but I do think that scene was suggesting that the wall is coming down.....

- Ron is a moron. He's going to get himself killed. I don't trust him. Between him grabbing his knife and wanting Rick to teach him to shoot, I just have a bad feeling. I think Ron, his brother and their mother aren't making it out of Alexandria. I can't imagine the writers trying to work a relationship into Rick's character, not to mention what it'd do to Carl.

- Doctor girl is going to end up saving someone in a heroic fashion. The first person died. She saved the second one at the last minute. I have a feeling that the next patient is going to hanging by a thread and she's going to save them. It might be Glenn, but my money is on Rick or Carl. Carl has already been shot and patched up. I have a hard time seeing them going down that road again. Rick's hand wasn't addressed this time around. Now that I'm thinking about it, she saved patient #2 by sucking the puss out of the infection. I wonder if Rick's hand is too far gone and she's going to have to cut it off?
- Deanna has really had a shitty couple of days. I'm curious what she's going to end up doing. Her walker scene was pretty good, though I thought she was done for sure when she repeatedly kept ignoring the walker's face.

I think it's Carl who will be at the end of whatever Ron is planning just due to the 'history' of the two....the competition for Enid and the fact that Ron would see killing Carl as a way to make Rick hurt day after day after day like Rick did to him by killing his dad.

I do think there is significance in showing the Dr. Chic utterly fail....then figure something out and gain confidence. I agree that she's most likely going to save the life of a major character.

Also, here's another preview for next week's episode from Germany.
Shit's about to go down next week.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=931328980250165&id=154764537906617&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Ffoxchannel.de%2Fvideos%2F931328980250165%2F&_rdr

That clip is awesome!! Wonder why Germany gets a killer teaser like that and we get pretty much nothing? I think it's safe to say next weeks episode is going to be pretty crazy!!

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:03 AM »
What would be great is if the show was leading you to believe she was going to save a major character but ultimately her inexperience kills them. Just a brutally realistic scenario.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2015, 08:22:54 AM »
What would be great is if the show was leading you to believe she was going to save a major character but ultimately her inexperience kills them. Just a brutally realistic scenario.

Imagine! Glenn signals for Maggie. Her and Aaron run off to save him. Aaron dies in the process. Maggie gets back with Glenn all busted up only to have him die. At least that way Maggie would get to say goodbye and tell Glenn she's preggers.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »

That could be a possible scenario.

I read a 'fan theory' article yesterday that tried to make the point(s) (and they were somewhat convincing) that Carol is going to kill Morgan due to her believing he's a risk to the group because of his outlook and 'no killing' methods. THAT would be something if they did that!!! But this time, I think Rick would be fine with it.

Maggie would get to say goodbye and tell Glenn she's preggers.

I think he knows? That scene when he decided to go alone he said to her she should stay for Deanna and 'you know?' I think he knows she's with child.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
**SPOILER ALERT**
Major Character from the comics confirmed
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243

NO FUCKING WAY YES
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:45:36 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2015, 08:40:28 AM »
^^^^^FYI.....That's a pretty big SPOILER article for those of you who don't want to know.

Sorry Metro.....just wanted to warn them.....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
NO FUCKING WAY YES

Well....that settles that!!!! Color me excited to see him arrive!!!!!!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
You're right sorry, just really excited.

Perfect choice though. I've heard dozens of rumors over the past few weeks but this tops all of them

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »

I think you're being a tad optimistic here. That definitely will be a mid-season finale or finale, no way they will play that card in episode 6 of a 16 episode-season. I think we'll get 2 filler episodes and then a big bang in episode 8.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
You're right sorry, just really excited.

Perfect choice though. I've heard dozens of rumors over the past few weeks but this tops all of them

What I think they nailed is the fact that dude can be utterly charasmatic and likeable....just like Negan is....and yet still pull off the sinister evil that Negan does without it really feeling like he did something 'bad'. Can't wait to see him on screen but it'll be a bummer to have to wait until next season to really 'see' that character develop. So.....friggin.....cool!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:18 AM »

I think you're being a tad optimistic here. That definitely will be a mid-season finale or finale, no way they will play that card in episode 6 of a 16 episode-season. I think we'll get 2 filler episodes and then a big bang in episode 8.

I don't think next week will be considered 'filler' by any stretch....especially if you watch that preview Metropolaris provided from the German TV side. Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are 'featured' and it looks to be like it'll be action packed.

But I do agree anything with the wall coming down is a mid-season deal....just too big a story not to save until then.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:47 AM »
Episode 6 is all Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham. I don't think we'll see Alexandria at all next week. I expect the walls come down partially in episode 7 and they deal with the mega herd for 2 episodes with significant casualties.
With all the 90 minute episodes lately it wouldn't surprise me if the MSF was extended as well.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »

I don't think next week will be considered 'filler' by any stretch....especially if you watch that preview Metropolaris provided from the German TV side. Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are 'featured' and it looks to be like it'll be action packed.

But I do agree anything with the wall coming down is a mid-season deal....just too big a story not to save until then.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I learned my lesson with the "next episode previews" a long time ago. I remember at least a few times a preview that showed intense action, and next week it turns out that the preview we saw was the only action in the episode. I DO think we'll get more action than we got this week though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2015, 09:18:13 AM »
but I learned my lesson with the "next episode previews" a long time ago.

I wish I were as strong willed when it comes to previews as a few people here on the forum...not just on this show but all of them. I can't convince myself to just not watch them and be surprised.....I HAVE to know SOMETHING......I am the sucker the marketers LOVE.....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
I never watch the previews. I'm already upset that I read about 90 issues into the comics. I've decided to hold off on those until the show is well beyond where it is now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2015, 10:43:47 AM »
I'm already upset that I read about 90 issues into the comics. I've decided to hold off on those until the show is well beyond where it is now.

I don't feel that I've missed out on anything having read/currently reading the comics. I think the show certainly uses it as a backbone of sorts to carry the story along but they've done a good job IMO of making them two separate entities.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
I'm already upset that I read about 90 issues into the comics. I've decided to hold off on those until the show is well beyond where it is now.

I don't feel that I've missed out on anything having read/currently reading the comics. I think the show certainly uses it as a backbone of sorts to carry the story along but they've done a good job IMO of making them two separate entities.

No doubt. I really enjoy the differences, but there have been some major plot points that have been spoiled, even if not in the comic book order. For example - I know that Ron's mom gets torn to pieces in the comics trying to save her kids once the walls come down. I know there's a possibility that the show chooses to not go that route, but odds are they will. Every time I see her, all I can think about is how limited her time is.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »

No doubt. I really enjoy the differences, but there have been some major plot points that have been spoiled, even if not in the comic book order. For example - I know that Ron's mom gets torn to pieces in the comics trying to save her kids once the walls come down. I know there's a possibility that the show chooses to not go that route, but odds are they will. Every time I see her, all I can think about is how limited her time is.

Yeah....I can see your point on that because I do the same thing with the characters whose fate is all but sealed. It doesn't ruin it per say....but it does have a certain level of 'spoil' to it. It doesn't bother me to the point of not wanting to continue reading the comics but it is there

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »

Yeah....I can see your point on that because I do the same thing with the characters whose fate is all but sealed. It doesn't ruin it per say....but it does have a certain level of 'spoil' to it. It doesn't bother me to the point of not wanting to continue reading the comics but it is there

The way I see it... half of the fun of TWD is discussing it from week to week. That's why it's only like 1 of 3 shows I watch these days outside of Netflix. The comics will always be there, but the opportunity to have these discussions only comes once. I get your point though. I'm an asshole with spoilers. I'm the type that doesn't want to know anything. If Rick sneezes, I don't want to know about it until he starts making a funny face seconds before. I want as blank of a slate as possible. The comic books don't allow me to do that. I don't even watch the previews for next weeks episodes  :lol

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »
TWD is weird because it's more fun speculating and having theories than actually watching the show. It has bursts of greatness, but it's padded with so much filler unfortunately. Still, I think for example the theories about Glenn being alive or dead were so much more memorable and interesting than the actual episode he supposedly "died" in.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2015, 12:25:00 PM »
That's exactly what I was trying to get at. Good wording. I only get 40 minutes to watch the show, but I get a week's worth of discussion. I love it. Even when an episode is shit, it's still something to talk about. We are unified by shit, much like Aaron and Maggie in last week's episode.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2015, 05:43:58 AM »
https://www.ibtimes.com/walking-dead-season-6-spoilers-star-says-finale-script-gut-wrenching-2177407

“We’re about to shoot the finale, and it’s maybe the darkest bit of writing I’ve ever read,” actor Ross Marquand, who plays Alexandria survivor Aaron, revealed to Us Weekly. “It genuinely is one of the craziest, most gut-wrenching episodes I’ve ever read in my life.”

Glenn makes it to the end and then dies saving Maggie?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:46:44 AM by Chino »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »
https://www.ibtimes.com/walking-dead-season-6-spoilers-star-says-finale-script-gut-wrenching-2177407

“We’re about to shoot the finale, and it’s maybe the darkest bit of writing I’ve ever read,” actor Ross Marquand, who plays Alexandria survivor Aaron, revealed to Us Weekly. “It genuinely is one of the craziest, most gut-wrenching episodes I’ve ever read in my life.”

Glenn makes it to the end and then dies saving Maggie?

It does sound like a 'loved' character meets a heartbreaking end.

He has to be alluding to Negan and 'Lucielle' "Introducing" themselves to the group.....

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »
Does tiny text not really work well on mobile or is that just my browser?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2015, 03:29:26 PM »
Does tiny text not really work well on mobile or is that just my browser?

As far as seeing it or trying to implement it? I can't post from my phone due to it being a company phone.....they've done something to it....but it 'looks' tiny?

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
Just slightly readable is all but I know to skip it. I just do 1px if I'm going to do it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »
**SPOILER ALERT**
Major Character from the comics confirmed
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243

In addition to this

**Pretty big spoilers relating to the upcoming episode**
Austin Amilio(Whom we saw at the end of the comic con trailer pointing a gun at Daryl) is Dwight from the comics. He will be making his first appearance in Sunday's episode

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2015, 07:36:02 AM »
I liked last nights episode but I think it's safe to say Abraham's days are numbered. Anytime a character gets that 'clarity' moment and that type of attention they usually bite the dust shortly thereafter.

I think the Daryl scenario was neat and it's a foregone conclusion at this point that we will definitely see that guy and girl again.

As a comic reader it was neat to see Dwight introduced like that. It'll explain why the next time we see him he'll most likely be disfigured in some way (hopefully like he is in the comic) and carrying a crossbow....and it'll be all the more painful for Daryl who will probably be with Abraham when Dwight shoots him with that crossbow. And, again....in my eyes this confirms even further that Daryl's gonna be the one who's head get's bashed in by Negan. Plus, I think Daryl layed the groundwork for Dwight eventually leaving Negan and helping Rick and Co. by doing what he did for them.

I assume (like the rest of the internet) that the voice asking for help was Glenn? He's the only other one with a Radio who'd need 'help'. Doesn't look like it's addressed next week though.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
Really enjoyed the episode.  I don't like the idea of running into the guy and girl again - I think that in that type of world, encounters would be extremely random and transient, but in the show it seems like if we meet somebody they stick around.

Another random musing I had is that I'm surprised there aren't more suicides in the group.  I know in the finale of S1 a few people went that route, but you'd think with all the death and loss everyone experiences, some people would decide to off themselves and be done with it.  I could see Abraham or Eugene going that route, but of course that would be a disappointing character death for the show so it probably won't happen.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Online faizoff

« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »
I assume (like the rest of the internet) that the voice asking for help was Glenn? He's the only other one with a Radio who'd need 'help'.
I thought the same. Sounded like him. Haven't seen the previews for next episode so not sure what they'll feature. I really liked last night's episode and to me is an example of a slow episode done well. When they give depth like they did with Abraham and edit it well those are some of the best ones on the show.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »
I just wanted to parachute in and say I think it's terrible the show creators have made fans wait a month to find out the fate of Glen. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
I just wanted to parachute in and say I think it's terrible the show creators have made fans wait a month to find out the fate of Glen.

As a fan of the show it really doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other folks. IMO as long as the 'reveal' of whether he survives or not is handled well....I don't care how long it takes them.

Also.....I know that it was mentioned that Dwight was going to 'appear' in last nights episode. I'm talking more or less to Metropolaris (because he seems to be in the know)....was the guy who stole the Cross Bow actually Dwight or was it the guy who they never showed his head who was 'hunting' those three?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2015, 09:53:18 AM »
I thought the same. Sounded like him. Haven't seen the previews for next episode so not sure what they'll feature. I really liked last night's episode and to me is an example of a slow episode done well. When they give depth like they did with Abraham and edit it well those are some of the best ones on the show.

Exactly. Although it was 'slow' it was a solid episode IMO.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:03 AM »
I saw someone make an amusing point: how do all these little groups survive for months/years but the second they run into one of Ricks group half of their group dies instantly. If they're that feeble they should've died off awhile ago. The girl with diabetes had survived for so long but suddenly pulls an amateur move and dies to a bite.