Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 126157 times)

Offline PowerSlave

Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Overall product continues to deteriorate
« Reply #1540 on: November 21, 2019, 10:56:15 PM »
Several of his teammates were asked about today and acted surprised because they had clearly heard nothing about it before today, meaning Garrett likely made it up to try and excuse his actions.  Frankly, if I am Mason Rudolph and I didn't say it, I am reconsidering filing charges.  If Garrett is going to make up something like that to assassinate his character, screw that, go scorched earth on him and see how he likes dealing with an assault charge.

As bad as MG making up the thing about the slur is, MR filing charges would stick with him as a negative for much longer. I don't think that most fans care about the language being used on the field, but some of them would probably think that MR would be over-reacting if he filed the charges and it would be setting a dangerous precedent.

I don't really agree with the view that I think most fans would take, but I honestly think that it would go in that direction.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1541 on: November 22, 2019, 07:51:45 AM »
Several of his teammates were asked about today and acted surprised because they had clearly heard nothing about it before today, meaning Garrett likely made it up to try and excuse his actions.  Frankly, if I am Mason Rudolph and I didn't say it, I am reconsidering filing charges.  If Garrett is going to make up something like that to assassinate his character, screw that, go scorched earth on him and see how he likes dealing with an assault charge.

As bad as MG making up the thing about the slur is, MR filing charges would stick with him as a negative for much longer. I don't think that most fans care about the language being used on the field, but some of them would probably think that MR would be over-reacting if he filed the charges and it would be setting a dangerous precedent.

I don't really agree with the view that I think most fans would take, but I honestly think that it would go in that direction.

Maybe, but Mason's lawyer calling MG's lawyer and saying "Listen, broheim; knock this shit off.  We're not threatened at all, and I'm sure you don't want your client to be the next Jussie Kaepernick" might do something.  I think Bosk is right; it is likely something easily verified, both with players in proximity, to analysis of the tape, to a scrub of the field level mics they have (the parabola ones are remarkably good at picking up sound, even if it might be a further puzzle to affirm who made the sound). 

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1542 on: November 22, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
The only people that believe Garrett’s BS are low IQ Browns and Bengals fans. If you ever perused message boards of those teams you’d be astonished at the level of misanthropy, delusion, and ignorance. One of the posters has the image of Garrett trying to bash Rudolph’s skull in as his avatar. I peruse a lot of NFL forums but the Bengals and Browns are easily the worst. Not even Jets, Bills, and Dolphins fans have as much animosity toward the Patriots as those 2 teams’ fans have against the Steelers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1543 on: November 22, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
The only people that believe Garrett’s BS are low IQ Browns and Bengals fans. If you ever perused message boards of those teams you’d be astonished at the level of misanthropy, delusion, and ignorance. One of the posters has the image of Garrett trying to bash Rudolph’s skull in as his avatar. I peruse a lot of NFL forums but the Bengals and Browns are easily the worst. Not even Jets, Bills, and Dolphins fans have as much animosity toward the Patriots as those 2 teams’ fans have against the Steelers.

Well, decades of getting your ass kicked by that franchise over and over and over and over and over and over will inspire a lot of hate.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1544 on: November 22, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »

Well, decades of getting your ass kicked by that franchise over and over and over and over and over and over will inspire a lot of hate.

I don’t think it’s fair to chalk it up to that. I’m a Jets fan and I’ve endured a lot of Patriots related heartbreak. My avatar on another forum used to be a picture of Brady standing in stunned silence as the Jets scored a touchdown in the 2010 playoffs. However, I would never have a picture of Brady laying on the field after tearing his ACL as my avatar. You can have intense hatred towards a team, but you should couple it with this thing called class.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1545 on: November 22, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »

I'm a life-long (46 1/2 years) Ohio resident, and I'd be willing to say that many of my home state's sports fans don't exhibit much class to speak of. The only local team that I root for is Ohio State, and I tend to keep my discussion of them low-key because I don't want to be lumped in with the rest of the fanbase that act like ignorant children. Of course, these are only generalizations, and don't apply to them as a whole, but I'll be damned if a great deal of them don't make it difficult most of the time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 08:31:34 PM by PowerSlave »
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1546 on: November 24, 2019, 12:35:51 PM »
Whoops, forgot to tell you guys to put your money on the Bengals. Too late I guess. Rudolph and the offense are beyond putrid.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1547 on: November 24, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
The Jets are a completely different team when their offensive line is playing well. Give Sam Darnold pass protection and he’s a superstar.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1548 on: November 24, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »
Haha they bench Rudloph and scored a touchdown.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1549 on: November 24, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »
4-7 with a fairly easy schedule other than the Ravens. The Jets won’t make the playoffs this year, but they have a shot at having a respectable record especially when you consider the nightmare start to their season without Darnold.

-MirrorMask

Offline max_security

« Reply #1550 on: November 24, 2019, 03:08:26 PM »
 "Flu-gate" seems off to a slow start. I'm thinking some schmo with all access passes to last weeks Dallas game makes it into the locker room post - game … " The Dallas Cowboys , man I love all-ya-all AHHHH-CHOOOO ". Shaking hands , getting up close and every so often "AHHHH-CHOOOO ".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1551 on: November 24, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
I believe they worked for Kraft Productions.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline max_security

« Reply #1552 on: November 24, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »
I believe they worked for Kraft Productions.

Craft Laboratories Inc. Some homeless cat , Friday he was broke and cold on a side street in Boston. Sunday he is getting off a plane ( and sweating ) with an uber waiting on him at DAL airport. AhhChooo. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:41:20 PM by max_security »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1553 on: November 24, 2019, 09:01:55 PM »
Serious ass whooping happening in Santa Clara...

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1554 on: November 24, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »
I called it weeks ago and I'll say it again, the Niners are THE team to beat. Just completely dominated the Packers.

Although next week will be the true test, against the Ravens.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1555 on: November 24, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »
I completely agree...and I'd love to face Seattle again now with Kittle back. He adds that extra something to defend that just opens up the run game so nicely. Just hope they all stay healthy.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1556 on: November 24, 2019, 09:30:43 PM »
Hopefully Staley will be back next week.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1557 on: November 25, 2019, 05:22:00 AM »
I completely agree...and I'd love to face Seattle again now with Kittle back. He adds that extra something to defend that just opens up the run game so nicely. Just hope they all stay healthy.
Don't they face Seattle again the last game of the season?  I hope Seattle will be ready for that one, the 49ers are probably the strongest team when they are all healthy.  Seahawks are doing pretty good though and their defense is getting better down the stretch. They are also 6-0 on the road and 9-2 overall.   I better double my dose of beta-blockers before that game.. Go Hawks!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1558 on: November 25, 2019, 05:51:43 AM »
Wow no comments on those “tripping” calls against Dallas? Anyway, if you were Brady why would you ever retire? He was ass yesterday but the D gave him 2 short fields and that was all that was needed. He could easily ride this D to another Super Bowl.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1559 on: November 25, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
I saw about two minutes of the Dal/NE game, and yeah that tripping call was a farce, but was anyone surprised? 

I saw a little of the GB/SF game, which I am sure the NFL was pleased about flexing into Sunday night until the 49ers showed up looking like world beaters and the Packers looked like a team with a rookie head coach who had no idea how to prepare his team coming off of the bye week. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1560 on: November 25, 2019, 11:00:29 AM »
Imagine having all these offensive issue and being 10-1?

1st world problems. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1561 on: November 25, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
I saw about two minutes of the Dal/NE game, and yeah that tripping call was a farce, but was anyone surprised? 

Not sure how to take that; if that's more about how "The NFL loves New England", please.   There were about three plays where Edelman got a happy ending from the DB before the pass was thrown and nothing.

If it's a complaint about the unpredictability of the calls, well, that's certainly up for discussion.  Any comments on that Green Bay catch that was ruled incomplete (and not challenged)?   Two steps and a football move, THEN the ball popped out as he hit the ground.  Might not have made a difference, but still...

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1562 on: November 25, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »
Wow no comments on those “tripping” calls against Dallas? Anyway, if you were Brady why would you ever retire? He was ass yesterday but the D gave him 2 short fields and that was all that was needed. He could easily ride this D to another Super Bowl.
Both of those tripping calls were bogus, perhaps even costing Dallas the game. Two very important first downs were negated because of those bogus calls. The Patriots did not outplay the Cowboys in that game.
The Cowboys had to play the Patriots and the Refs.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1563 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:26 AM »
I would say that this was something taught to the Dallas O line as a way to get away with a trip with a wide stance and with all great couches they bring it up to the refs durring the week and before the game to get it on the refs minds.

Jedi mind tricks.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1564 on: November 25, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
My take won't be worth anything here, but I agreed with Mike Pereira. The dude stuck his leg up in the air and made contact with the guy. You can't do that. The first one clearly wasn't a trip, though. He was just kicking the guy in the balls.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1565 on: November 25, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
My take won't be worth anything here, but I agreed with Mike Pereira. The dude stuck his leg up in the air and made contact with the guy. You can't do that. The first one clearly wasn't a trip, though. He was just kicking the guy in the balls.
:lol
Yep, your take doesn't mean anything here..   :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Architeuthis

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1568 on: November 25, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »
Old Man Update:

Tom Brady is now 15th in the NFL in QBR; he is 21st passer rating.
Tom Brady is 28th in the NFL in YPA.
Tom Brady is 14th in the NFL in TD passes.
Tom Brady is 23rd in completion percentage.

Some of y'all can talk about rain, his receivers and his o-line all day, but by just about any measure, he is on the clear decline.  That is probably why he looks so pissy all the time now, as he knows Father Time has arrived, and there is nothing he can do about it. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1569 on: November 25, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Old Man Update:

Some of y'all can talk about rain, his receivers and his o-line all day, but by just about any measure, he is on the clear decline.  That is probably why he looks so pissy all the time now, as he knows Father Time has arrived, and there is nothing he can do about it.
What part of him is it that you think is failing? I'm not trying to argue with you, he's certainly not as good as he was, but I'm not seeing any age specific problems.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1570 on: November 25, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
Grumpy Man Update:

KevShmev is #1 in the league for PITA (Pain In The Ass) Rating
KevShmev is odds on favorite for the Na Na Nananana Award
KevShmev wishes Tom Brady played for the Broncos

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1571 on: November 25, 2019, 03:50:32 PM »

What part of him is it that you think is failing? I'm not trying to argue with you, he's certainly not as good as he was, but I'm not seeing any age specific problems.

It is never just one little thing.  Heck, Peyton's true decline started in 2014 (IIRC) when he had a quad injury that was just bothersome enough to affect his play, and we've heard about Brady having issues this year with both a knee and an elbow.  Now, you could chalk that up to normal dings and aches over a 16-week season, which most players get, but as you get older, those injuries take longer to heal and pop up more often, and in the case of Brady's knee or elbow, they could be just annoying enough to affect his throws, which might explain why his accuracy has been off at times this season. I have seen him miss throws that he used to make in his sleep.  And plenty of other QB's are dealing with a lot of new receivers this year, so I don't buy the "he is having to deal with new receivers" excuse that I have seen throw out.

Grumpy Man Update:

KevShmev is #1 in the league for PITA (Pain In The Ass) Rating
KevShmev is odds on favorite for the Na Na Nananana Award
KevShmev wishes Tom Brady played for the Broncos

I will take any competent QB at this point. :lol :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1572 on: November 25, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »

It is never just one little thing.  Heck, Peyton's true decline started in 2014 (IIRC) when he had a quad injury that was just bothersome enough to affect his play, and we've heard about Brady having issues this year with both a knee and an elbow.  Now, you could chalk that up to normal dings and aches over a 16-week season, which most players get, but as you get older, those injuries take longer to heal and pop up more often, and in the case of Brady's knee or elbow, they could be just annoying enough to affect his throws, which might explain why his accuracy has been off at times this season. I have seen him miss throws that he used to make in his sleep.  And plenty of other QB's are dealing with a lot of new receivers this year, so I don't buy the "he is having to deal with new receivers" excuse that I have seen throw out.
His accuracy has gone off at times over the last few seasons. I haven't done a play by play analysis of his throws over the last 4 years, but I don't think him missing some here and there is anything new. Like I said the other day, he still seems to have plenty of arm strength, and I haven't seen him struggle in the pocket. He's able to step away from pressure same as he always has.
E.F. Benson

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: November 25, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »
Old Man Update:

Tom Brady is still tied for #1 in the NFL regarding wins as a starting QB for the 2019 season.  That final clock eating drive was the work of a master, and he cannot be faulted because their team has an out of retirement, semi erratic kicker.   

If Brees had to play his home games outdoors in the rain and 20MPH winds, his numbers would drop considerably.  Prescott sure did set the world on fire yesterday .......... not.

Aaron Rodgers numbers once again out west last night were ?????  (abysmal)

Go, Ravens!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 05:03:05 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1574 on: November 25, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »
with all great couches

:lol

Kev, I think we all know he's not the 2007 QB.  It's hard to judge it because how poorly the offense has played around him especially the o-line.  He's limited in mobility  (he can by time in the pocket) but hasn't been able to do that this year with the o-line play.

Just not sure where he really is.