Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 127511 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. A. Brown orchestrates his way to the Patriots
« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
Is the hoser making the trip?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #841 on: September 27, 2019, 07:48:46 PM »
Is the hoser making the trip?

Stay tuned Tim!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #842 on: September 29, 2019, 12:13:22 PM »
Sexy Rexy wearing orange and brown today!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

:clap:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #843 on: September 29, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »
What a fucking tool.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #844 on: September 29, 2019, 05:50:57 PM »
Bucs 55-40 at LA? Wow!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #845 on: September 29, 2019, 06:37:44 PM »
The Gardner Minshew legend grows!

Also, no dtf.org buzz about Jennifer Lopez and Shakira headlining the SB halftime show? I... have heard of them. One I believe is dating Alex Rodriguez. I know the other is a singer though could not tell you one thing she has ever done.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #846 on: September 29, 2019, 06:42:19 PM »
What Shakira has done is not important. :zydarscouch:

Offline T-ski

« Reply #847 on: September 29, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »
Shakira is known for her hips, not her hits.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #848 on: September 29, 2019, 10:05:36 PM »
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2019, 12:18:10 AM »

Aren't they both known for their hips or other assets that looks like they curve?  I'm so out of touch.  The NFL can't afford T. Swift or someone else just to bring someone more modern rather than two women that peaked 15 years ago?

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #850 on: September 30, 2019, 01:47:55 AM »

Aren't they both known for their hips or other assets that looks like they curve?  I'm so out of touch.  The NFL can't afford T. Swift or someone else just to bring someone more modern rather than two women that peaked 15 years ago?

Most NFL fans peaked 15 (or more) years ago, so I find their inclusion rather fitting...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #851 on: September 30, 2019, 06:28:43 AM »
Since when was the halftime show act been designed to appeal to NFL fans?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #852 on: September 30, 2019, 07:30:27 AM »

Don't call me racist, because this is THEIR marketing not mine (J-Lo said it in one of the commercials on the NFL Network), but they are tapping into the "Latina" aspect of the artists.  They're not there because of their music, their legacy or their achievements.  They are there to show how "woke" the NFL is now.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #853 on: September 30, 2019, 07:31:51 AM »
Well, it makes sense if they are celebrating the culture in Miami.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #854 on: September 30, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »
Then get Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #855 on: September 30, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »
Makes total sense.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #856 on: September 30, 2019, 10:20:35 AM »
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!

Pfff...both teams sucked on offense.  No matter who won, the game was ugly and didn't deserve a primetime audience.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline T-ski

« Reply #857 on: September 30, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »
only took 13 suspensions and fines to sit Vontaze Burfict for the rest of the season.

good things the NFL cares about its players.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: September 30, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »
I must say I have really enjoyed watching the Giants the last two weeks since benching Eli.  Always was a big Eli supporter, but Jones seems to have lit a fire within the team.  The redskins are garbage and I won't take the win as more than beating a team that is really bad, but to see the team grow and be competitive is what I wanted all along.  Didn't see any of that in games 1 and 2 and felt like this year would be a waste, but even if we lose the rest of the games, as long as they compete and grow like they have in the last 2 games, I can at least watch and feel better about the team. 

Having said that, we are getting hit hard with injuries and while it's been fun to go from 0-2 to 2-0, this team really isn't going to go anywhere.  I just want to see them build upon themselves and set themselves up for a good future with Jones/Barkley on offense and draft up to build that defense for the years to come. (sucks our rookie LB Connolly is out for the year now  >:( )

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #859 on: September 30, 2019, 11:50:43 AM »
Glad the Panthers are starting to play well.  Kyle Allen has really given them a lift (despite his 3 fumbles yesterday).  He joined Patrick Mahomes and Jeff Hofstetler as the only QBs in the Super Bowl era to win their first 3 starts, all on the road.

Allen also joins Carson Wentz as the only two QBs in the Super Bowl era to go 3-0 in the first 3 starts with no interceptions.

Also, Christian McCaffrey is a beast.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #860 on: September 30, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
I enjoyed seeing a commercial with all those people in the jerseys of the Potatoes, with the voice over of a 'Hail Mary' failing, whilst an individual off camera goes 'Whoooo!' because he'd just bitten into a spicy McD chicken something.

Appropriate ad.  Appropriate team.  Waiting for DC owner Snydlee to sue for copyright infringement or slander due to ....the truth.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #861 on: September 30, 2019, 06:28:40 PM »
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!

Pfff...both teams sucked on offense.  No matter who won, the game was ugly and didn't deserve a primetime audience.

The Saints pulled this off with a middle of the road backup QB. What's Dallas' excuse?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #862 on: September 30, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »
Wow, the Bengals suck.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #863 on: October 01, 2019, 01:14:01 AM »
Wow, the Bengals suck.

It's not just the Bengals. The entire AFC North is probably the worst division in the NFL. If they had the Dolphins then the vortex of suck would be complete...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #864 on: October 01, 2019, 07:23:52 AM »
Yeah, making the Steelers look good is hard to do, the Bengals are pretty rough.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #865 on: October 01, 2019, 08:25:41 AM »
Hey, Kev. Is this the best D of the Belichick era? I only have a vague recollection of the early 00's teams. I expected them to be a top D this year, but they've exceeded my expectations by a considerable amount.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #866 on: October 01, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
Bart, it’s hard to tell at this point. They are excellent though. But remember they’ve played 4 of the 5 worst offenses and QBs with 4 of the 5 worst QBRs.
That’s not likely to change this weekend either.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #867 on: October 01, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »
Yes, Tim is right.  I would say you need to play like that against terrible offenses though.

Next 3 weeks are below average teams.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: October 01, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
I'm waiting to see how they scheme against a decent, well-thought out offense (as opposed to 11 athletes winging it). 

I do love how they seem to be a big play unit.  I am spoiled; I grew up watching LT, and I can't tell you how many times me, or my dad, or the announcer, or someone, would say " the Gints need a stop here" or "the Gints need a turnover here" and within a play or two LT comes up with a backfield tackle, or a forced fumble.  That guy was magic, and while the Pats don't have an LT, they seem to have a knack for the right play at the right time.  That's not all coaching, although coaching sets the stage for it. 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #869 on: October 01, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!

The Saints pulled this off with a middle of the road backup QB. What's Dallas' excuse?

Probably the same excuse the Saints used last year with Brees. :lol  QB's had nothing to do with it.  All defense.  Both games were ugly because people don't want to see defense.  They want to see an offensive shootout.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DT.net Member
« Reply #870 on: October 01, 2019, 09:53:07 PM »
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!

Probably the same excuse the Saints used last year with Brees. :lol  QB's had nothing to do with it.  All defense.  Both games were ugly because people don't want to see defense.  They want to see an offensive shootout.

Bruh, Dak played last year as well. Your reasoning would be a lot more sound if their win last year had come with a backup QB so without that it ain't apples to apples. Each team won a defensive struggle at home over the last two seasons except the only reason this game was as close as it was was probably because Bridgewater has shitty pocket awareness and holds on to the ball like it's velcroed to his hand. That made the O-line have to protect him way longer than if they were protecting Brees and that led to a lot of holding calls. It's pretty unrealistic to think the offense would've sputtered like that under Brees regardless of what happened last year.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #871 on: October 02, 2019, 09:52:15 AM »
You're missing the point and putting all the focus on the QB's.  QB's don't win or lose games.  The team as whole wins or loses games.  It's a team sport.  Last year's game was almost an exact duplicate of Sunday night's game.  The fact that you didn't have Brees this time has no bearing whatsoever because it was a battle of defenses.  Brees would have struggled just as much as Bridgewater did.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #872 on: October 02, 2019, 09:56:19 AM »
And bear in mind, Bridgewater is doing what he's told to do:  a holding call or two is far better than a shitty interception while he's doing donuts in the backfield. 

• DT.net Member
« Reply #873 on: October 02, 2019, 11:58:01 PM »
You're missing the point and putting all the focus on the QB's.  QB's don't win or lose games.  The team as whole wins or loses games.  It's a team sport.  Last year's game was almost an exact duplicate of Sunday night's game.  The fact that you didn't have Brees this time has no bearing whatsoever because it was a battle of defenses.  Brees would have struggled just as much as Bridgewater did.

Lol. There's no way in hell that Brees and Bridgewater would fare equally against the same team in just about any circumstance. If he had that ability, he'd be starting somewhere right now and would've scoffed at whatever contract the Saints offered him.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: October 03, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »

Lol. There's no way in hell that Brees and Bridgewater would fare equally against the same team in just about any circumstance. If he had that ability, he'd be starting somewhere right now and would've scoffed at whatever contract the Saints offered him.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but he was offered - guaranteed - the starting job in Miami, and turned it down to stay in NO.