Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 281421 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that AR will get the MVP.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Aaron Rodgers is a fucking boss!!!

So is Dez Bryant!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh that actually might get reversed via the Megatron rule.

Offline jammindude

I'm a bit surprised that it was overturned...I think it was one of those plays that wasn't clear enough to overturn the call no matter what they called. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
The refs giveth and the refs taketh away.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Getting into Mid-January, and this WR rookie class is still making the case for greatest of all time.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
The call was reversed based on the ball hitting the ground.  Bryant never should've tried the stretch his arm forward unless he was certain it would cross the plane of the GL.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
The call was reversed based on the ball hitting the ground.  Bryant never should've tried the stretch his arm forward unless he was certain it would cross the plane of the GL.

Even if he would have gotten the ball across the goaline, it still would have been incomplete.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
God damn it. Fucking Cowboys.  :(

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power

Even if he would have gotten the ball across the goaline, it still would have been incomplete.

Yeah, you're right.  Bryant should've secured the catch at all costs.  Difference in the game.  Also, Packer's defense was better and Rodgers is a genius in recognizing when to get rid of the ball and where to throw it.  Romo held on to the ball for way too long when he did have some open receivers at times.  Hat's off to GB.  They played better.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Yeah, I was calling for a challenge, there. Not sure I like the rule, but it is what it is. If I'm not mistaken, if he had fully extended it might have not been overturned, right? He didn't really seem to extend fully, just brace. Possibly was extending, but wasn't clear.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
best shot of the game

also this idiot keeps walking onto the field without a helmet, which is against the rules. please flag this idiot.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Yeah, I was calling for a challenge, there. Not sure I like the rule, but it is what it is. If I'm not mistaken, if he had fully extended it might have not been overturned, right? He didn't really seem to extend fully, just brace. Possibly was extending, but wasn't clear.

Like DoC said, it wouldn't have mattered because it was a pass play and the ball wasn't secured throughout the catch.

also this idiot keeps walking onto the field without a helmet, which is against the rules. please flag this idiot.

That won't draw a flag because it's only a penalty if the helmet is removed during a play on the field.  He did the same thing last week and it wasn't flagged for that reason.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Just watched the play that got reversed and honestly, trying to put aside that I was going for the Cowboys, looks to me like he caught it.
That being said, what's done is done, guess we can expect the Seahawks at the Superbowl which ain't a bad thing after all.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
I guess I'm hoping that the Colts can make a run to the SB now.  Luck is the only QB remaining who doesn't have a SB yet.  He's good enough to deserve a SB win but I'm not sure about the team around him.  They may not be quite there yet.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
I guess I'm hoping that the Colts can make a run to the SB now.  Luck is the only QB remaining who doesn't have a SB yet.  He's good enough to deserve a SB win but I'm not sure about the team around him.  They may not be quite there yet.
The team around him is definitely not which is a damn shame. Would love to see it happen though!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Yeah, I don't think their defense is good enough yet but Luck will guide then to a SB or 2 no doubt.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Seeing Chuck Pagano win a Super Bowl would by far be the coolest thing that could happen at this point.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Just watched the play that got reversed and honestly, trying to put aside that I was going for the Cowboys, looks to me like he caught it.
That being said, what's done is done, guess we can expect the Seahawks at the Superbowl which ain't a bad thing after all.
It's the rule. The number of steps, that he had it secured, it doesn't matter. If the whole process is going to the ground this rule comes into play. It can look like a catch and legally be incomplete. This is why they sometimes talk about holding that ball all the way till play is dead. If you fall due to making a catch, you have to maintain it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
It's the rule. The number of steps, that he had it secured, it doesn't matter. If the whole process is going to the ground this rule comes into play. It can look like a catch and legally be incomplete. This is why they sometimes talk about holding that ball all the way till play is dead. If you fall due to making a catch, you have to maintain it.
It looked like he maintained it, he caught it, made a football move, went down and it popped out after he went down, to me that seems like a catch. What's done is done, I'm not here to argue or hissy fit that it didn't go the way I feel it should have... Packers won, there's no changing that.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
The ball hit the ground and popped up in the air. That's it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
And I don't agree with that, but it's all good because the game's over and I'm now hoping the Colts go up against the Seahwaks in the Superbowl  :)

I also have the Bills picking up Rex Ryan to be happy about   :)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?

Does not compute.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline yorost

• Inactive

Does not compute.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
A defensive minded HC for one of the best defenses in the league this year along with Shorts who he has history with? And he's looking to pick up Roman from the 49'ers who seems like a good choice to me? Yeah I'm pretty happy with the new owners today.
The fact that Nathan Hackett and Marrone are gone should be reason enough to be happy lol.

Bills still need to beef up the O-line, and next season is the year where the Bills find out whether EJ is a bust or not, but I don't know, things are only going up for the Bills if you ask me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:30:36 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I hate that rule.  Bryant took 3 steps with possession.  How the blank is that not a catch?  Stupid.  Granted, GB probably comes down and wins or ties it anyway, but still.  That stupid call is now gonna overshadow an all-time great performance by Aaron Rodgers.  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

And screw you, John Fox.  He apparently has no clue how to get a team ready to play a playoff game.  The entire team looks flat.  That's on coaching. 

• DT.net Member
They're trailing because Peyton fumbled.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
And the vaunted Broncos pass rush has been non-existent.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
I hate that rule.  Bryant took 3 steps with possession.  How the blank is that not a catch?  Stupid.  Granted, GB probably comes down and wins or ties it anyway, but still.  That stupid call is now gonna overshadow an all-time great performance by Aaron Rodgers.  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
I'm glad to see I'm not alone  :lol
Definitely gotta give major props to Rodgers though.

• DT.net Member
Peyton's definitely perfected the Kaepernick x+10 yards throwing distance formula.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
It was technically the correct call, but it's a stupid ass rule.

And that was a great sequence...Demaryius drops an easy catch on 2nd down, and Peyton throws an atrocious-looking ball on 3rd down. :facepalm:

I've said this already, and I'll say it again: this could be the end of Peyton Manning.  Since the Rams game, he has looked...not right.  I think Father Time has finally caught him. 

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
A lot of penalty calls are pretty stupid. They're getting closer and closer to flag football every year.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Um, I think Kev is not with you. Not liking a rule is not the same as disagreeing with the call. I don't like the rule a whole lot, either.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That awful INT is why I say Luck is not as great as Wilson.  You never see Wilson commit turnovers that wretched. 

It's sad to see Peyton go out like this, but it is what it is.  Unless the Colts goof this up badly, they should win and go on to New England next week.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Um, I think Kev is not with you. Not liking a rule is not the same as disagreeing with the call. I don't like the rule a whole lot, either.
Man, you are on me like a hawk today aren't you? It's fine, the Packers won the game, it's done. Kev said it was the right call but also how in the world do you not call that a catch. It's going to be okay.