Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283157 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. F*** the Saints
« Reply #2310 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:29 PM »
Dallas defense is atrocious.  Give em some GPS so they know where the fuck they are on the field.

They're making NYG look like SB contenders again.  I don't mind a shootout though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2311 on: November 23, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
I've never seen a better catch than that one by Beckham.  I still can't believe it.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2312 on: November 23, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2313 on: November 23, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
Seriously!!!  Love the replay they show where he caught it - no, SQUEEZED it - with three fuckin fingers!?!?!?!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2314 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »
He made a similar catch last year in college in the Outback bowl with LSU. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rauLT3enE

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2315 on: November 23, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »
And, Eli's back. 

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2316 on: November 23, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
yep my Giants are gonna blow this one faster than a 3 dollar hooker
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:59:48 PM by The Trooper »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2317 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
Wow.... if you've got 7 seconds to find a receiver, you better find an open one.  The O-line got Dallas that touchdown

Still enough time for Manning to get into field goal range though.  Should be an exciting finish.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2318 on: November 23, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »
Romo never gets enough credit.  The guy has the most 4th/OT comebacks since 2006.  That says a lot.  Yeah, his O-Line was sick on that last drive, but Romo still made the throws.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2319 on: November 23, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »
Christ, when your offensive line can play like that you almost have to try to lose. Watching them keep a ring of free space around Romo on that final drive was a treat.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2320 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
Wow.... if you've got 7 seconds to find a receiver, you better find an open one.  The O-line got Dallas that touchdown

Still enough time for Manning to get into field goal range though.  Should be an exciting finish.

Oh wait, I forgot... it was Eli Manning.  He made some very bad throws all night long, and that 3rd down throw on the final drive was pretty bad.

Yeah... Romo doesn't get enough credit for making Dallas what they are.  He threw a couple of wounded ducks in the first half, but made the throws he needed to.  Eli did not.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2321 on: November 24, 2014, 06:15:11 AM »
That catch was unbelievable.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #2322 on: November 24, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »
I know that jersey tug was called for defensive pass interference, but the more they show the replay the more I keep thinking it looks like it could have been called offensive pass interference. Sure looks like he only had one hand to catch the ball because he was pushing the defender behind him with the other. Without that jockeying for position by Beckham there might not have been pass interference by the defender. Defender went from playing the ball in good position to flying off balance behind Beckham. Not saying it wasn't an amazing catch, but I'd love to hear an evaluation of of the play from a rules expert.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2323 on: November 24, 2014, 12:31:34 PM »
I'm sure we'll get a nice company line from Mike Pereira at some point.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2324 on: November 24, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
I know that jersey tug was called for defensive pass interference, but the more they show the replay the more I keep thinking it looks like it could have been called offensive pass interference. Sure looks like he only had one hand to catch the ball because he was pushing the defender behind him with the other. Without that jockeying for position by Beckham there might not have been pass interference by the defender. Defender went from playing the ball in good position to flying off balance behind Beckham. Not saying it wasn't an amazing catch, but I'd love to hear an evaluation of of the play from a rules expert.
From what I can tell there was a rules change this season that simply means whatever it looks like at first glance is how it should be called. The only thing I can say about that call was that flags came in from all directions, so 3 different refs had an opportunity to pass that off onto the receiver and didn't. In a general sense I keep seeing tons of calls where there's contact that's called despite having no affect whatsoever on the other player. Hell, you can't even put your arm on a back to maintain position anymore without a flag coming out.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2325 on: November 24, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
I'm 13-0 so far this week in a pick 'em pool. Have the Bills and Saints tonight; I've never had a perfect week in 20+ years and it would be nice to have one.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2326 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
I'm 13-0 so far this week in a pick 'em pool. Have the Bills and Saints tonight; I've never had a perfect week in 20+ years and it would be nice to have one.

Good luck.  Ballsy to take Oakland, but every other matchup pretty much went the way it should've.  No other real huge surprises this week (unlike last week).

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #2327 on: November 24, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
From what I can tell there was a rules change this season that simply means whatever it looks like at first glance is how it should be called. The only thing I can say about that call was that flags came in from all directions, so 3 different refs had an opportunity to pass that off onto the receiver and didn't. In a general sense I keep seeing tons of calls where there's contact that's called despite having no affect whatsoever on the other player. Hell, you can't even put your arm on a back to maintain position anymore without a flag coming out.
I have no idea what it is by the rulebooks...  That jersey tug is clear defensive pass interference that usually makes an easy call for refs. Easy call if that's all there is, or maybe it's an easy call no matter what. The problem is that it only seemed to happen as a reaction to what seems should have been offensive pass interference. That defender looked to have an int or defended pass until Beckham hooked him out of the play.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2328 on: November 24, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »

Good luck.  Ballsy to take Oakland, but every other matchup pretty much went the way it should've.  No other real huge surprises this week (unlike last week).
Yeah, Oakland was the oddball. I wouldn't say the rest of them went as they should, but there wasn't much room for any real surprises. Tonight's games are problematic, though. I've got zero confidence in either picks.
E.F. Benson

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2329 on: November 24, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2330 on: November 24, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
If I'm Rex Ryan, and assuming I didn't kiss the gun 6 weeks ago, Dog Killer watches the second half from the team bus. I mean, can Matt Simms really do any worse?
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2331 on: November 24, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
Christ, at this point maybe they should just drown him. Put the boy out of his misery.
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2332 on: November 24, 2014, 07:47:02 PM »
WOW....   How do you look at that on review and say he caught that pass??   The Ravens were just completely screwed...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2333 on: November 24, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
WOW....   How do you look at that on review and say he caught that pass??   The Ravens were just completely screwed...

Two bogus, drive extending penalties and now that....... Referees have been terrible tonight.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Saints live for losing
« Reply #2334 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
The Ravens win... improve to 7-4... good for last place.
The Saints lose..... fall to 4-7... good for first place.

Got to love that thread title hijack karma.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2335 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »
Karma? I called the loss right after the pick 6 iirc.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2336 on: November 25, 2014, 03:59:52 AM »

Good for you.

Now make the thread title about New England, Odell, Buffalo or something else relevant.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2337 on: November 25, 2014, 04:27:31 AM »
I know I'm late to the party, but WHAT A CATCH! How is that even possible? One of those where people can just say "That Catch" and you know what they're talking about.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2338 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:58 AM »

Good for you.

Now make the thread title about New England, Odell, Buffalo or something else relevant.

So, after a win, you're this needlessly concerned over the subtitle of a thread? Good for you.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2339 on: November 25, 2014, 05:22:23 AM »

Good for you.

So, after a win, you're this needlessly concerned over the subtitle of a thread? Good for you.

well, how 'bout the rest of us then, that have to see something about the Saints everytime we head into this thread.  It'd be like Nick Making the NHL thread titles all about the Flyers.

Spread the wealth dude.  There are 31 other teams.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2340 on: November 25, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »
If I can make the 2013 thread about the Red Sox winning the WS, you should be able to do anything you put your mind to.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2341 on: November 25, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
I know I'm late to the party, but WHAT A CATCH! How is that even possible? One of those where people can just say "That Catch" and you know what they're talking about.

Nah, I'll still think of the pass from Montana to Clark.  Not some rookie punk with stickem on his gloves.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2342 on: November 25, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »

Good for you.

If I can make the 2013 thread about the Red Sox winning the WS, you should be able to do anything you put your mind to.

well, how 'bout the rest of us then, that have to see something about the Saints everytime we head into this thread.  It'd be like Nick Making the NHL thread titles all about the Flyers.

Spread the wealth dude.  There are 31 other teams.

:tup

:tup

These guys get it. Why don't you?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2343 on: November 25, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
It's a fucking thread title, who gives a shit what it is?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2344 on: November 25, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
It's a fucking thread title, who gives a shit what it is?

Apparently Josh.