Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 281404 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Reality Lays the Pipe on My Autumn
« Reply #1995 on: November 02, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »
Aw yissssssss Rams!  :metal

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1996 on: November 02, 2014, 05:13:26 PM »
HOW BOUT DEM RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :xbones

Bosk...in the most lighthearted "friendly rival" kindof way.  I seriously want to know how you can defend the Niners after today.

Last 7 drives:

Punt
Missed FG
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Fumble on the goal line
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1997 on: November 02, 2014, 05:15:20 PM »
The Niners stink.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1998 on: November 02, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
Looks like The Raiders are the best team in the Bay Area....

:angel:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1999 on: November 02, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
The 49ers will improve as the season goes along. We knew going in that the NFC West was going to be a dog fight, and that the Rams would be able to get some wins.

Can't wait for the Ravens/Steelers game. Still a great rivalry even though some big names are no longer a part of it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2000 on: November 02, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »
Seahawks beat the worst team in the league, at home, by 6.

Arizona is 7-1.

Yikes.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2001 on: November 02, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
Nice win tonight.  Like to see that in the playoffs
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2002 on: November 02, 2014, 10:09:19 PM »
Last place records in the AFC Divisions, 1-8, 1-8. 0-8 and now the Ravens at 5-4. Testament to how good the AFC North has been. Ravens will recover and have a favorable schedule to do so. Bring on the Titans!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2003 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
Ben Roethlisberger has 862 yards, 12 TDs, and 0 INTs over his last 2 games. This may be the finest 2-game stretch in NFL history.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. 31 horse race
« Reply #2004 on: November 02, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
It looked like the only Panther who really played up to potential was the rookie Kelvin Benjamin.

Falcons "fan" here, I guess.. but I turn on the Panthers games just to see Benjamin play, and he's had a solid year so far, proud of him.

I sadly can't get into NFL much, I just like watching FSU alumni (except Ponder lolol) and other players I loved watching in college.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2005 on: November 02, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »
Seahawks beat the worst team in the league, at home, by 6.

Arizona is 7-1.

Yikes.

In spite of the record, I think the Skins are worse.   

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2006 on: November 02, 2014, 10:48:22 PM »
Nah. Bucs have to be the worst. They've fallen behind 56-0 to the Falcons and 38-0 to the Ravens. But, upon further research, they have lost two OT games and, aside from the two blowouts, all of their losses have been one-possession defeats. The Jags are probably the worst. Five 14+ point defeats.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:56:02 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2007 on: November 03, 2014, 06:34:58 AM »
If nothing else, what yesterday showed was why Bill Belichick is the best coach in football.  He had them ready to play on all levels, and it showed.  The Patriots are nearly impossible to beat when he has them ready to play like that, especially in Foxboro.

What in the world happened to the Chargers??

The end of that Rams/49ers game was comical.

The Steelers, of a sudden, have a passing attack almost as good as anybody's.

Arizona did what they were supposed to do: win the game.  I think we saw that Romo IS Dallas' MVP.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2008 on: November 03, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Ben Roethlisberger has 862 yards, 12 TDs, and 0 INTs over his last 2 games. This may be the finest 2-game stretch in NFL history.

I laughed out loud when I heard the Ravens' game plan was to "beat Ben up". They tried to break his jaw with a dirty hit, but the more they hit him the better he played. Ben eats pain like candy. He and Antonio Brown are firmly in the MVP discussion.

After the last 3 weeks, anyone who thinks Ben is in the Rivers-Eli-Flacco-Ryan bracket instead of the Brees-Peyton-Rodgers-Brady bracket is a freakin' lunatic.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2009 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »
I seriously want to know how you can defend the Niners after today.

???

I would expect questions like this in YouTube comments or ESPN blogs.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2010 on: November 03, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »
Arizona did what they were supposed to do: win the game.  I think we saw that Romo IS Dallas' MVP.

Disagree Kev.  Romo isn't the key for Dallas' success or failures for that matter.  The 6 game winning streak was mostly due to the much improved defense and a dominating O-Line that allowed Murray to run and provided the QB with protection.  The last 2 games, those areas were practically non-existent.  I highly doubt that Dallas would've won had Romo been able to play.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2011 on: November 03, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »

???

I hate text...all tone is lost.    You should know by now that I love you and respect you, and just like to playfully poke at you.  Maybe I'm not doing it right.    :P

Just remember to always picture me with a smile, a swagger, and a bro-hug.  Don't take it too seriously...

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #2012 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
I can't help but wonder.

You know how the undefeated Dolphins team always pops champagne when the last unbeaten falls each year? Are the 2008 Lions watching the Raiders, wondering when the last winless team will fall?

And if the Raiders win, what will the 2008 Lions drink in celebration? I vote Mad Dog 20/20 myself.  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2013 on: November 03, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

???

I hate text...all tone is lost.    You should know by now that I love you and respect you, and just like to playfully poke at you.  Maybe I'm not doing it right.    :P

Just remember to always picture me with a smile, a swagger, and a bro-hug.  Don't take it too seriously...

Can't say that I blame him Jammindude.  His team just got beat at home against the division bottom feeders.  Same thing happened to my team last Monday Night.  I wasn't in the mood for even a remotely playful poke.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2014 on: November 03, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »

Disagree Kev.  Romo isn't the key for Dallas' success or failures for that matter.  The 6 game winning streak was mostly due to the much improved defense and a dominating O-Line that allowed Murray to run and provided the QB with protection.  The last 2 games, those areas were practically non-existent.  I highly doubt that Dallas would've won had Romo been able to play.
I think AZ probably still would have won but it'd be a completely different ballgame. For one thing Dallas was competitive for most of the game. It wouldn't have taken much of an improvement to swing the pendulum a bit. More importantly, AZ would have had to play a very different game. They had no reason to be scared of Weeden. With Romo in the game you've got two things to worry about. This leads to play action. With him back there it's entirely possible Murray runs all over them. Moreover, if Murray runs all over them the Cowboy's D has a completely different game to play. My hunch is that Dallas would have played better and AZ would have upped their game accordingly.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2015 on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »

???

Can't say that I blame him Jammindude.  His team just got beat at home against the division bottom feeders.  Same thing happened to my team last Monday Night.  I wasn't in the mood for even a remotely playful poke.   :lol

Their defense actually played well.  But the offense is struggling.  I know there is some unrest about them not running the ball enough, not only in this game, but in a few others, and them "not having an identity" as a result (i.e., they cannot decide what kind of offense they are).  But (1) they purposely built a passing game during the offseason, so of course they are going to use it; (2) when the running game flat-out isn't working, you have to try to pass.

The biggest issue is their offensive line, honestly.  It is such an underrated part of the offense, but the bottom line is, you can't have an effective passing or running game without a good o-line, and between losing their all-pro center in the offseason and the injuries this season, they o-line is weak right now, and the Rams exploited it all day.  The 49ers lost to an inferior team because they got unequivocally beat all day at the offensive line of scrimmage, and that trend is likely to continue if they do not find a way to fix the line. 

Equally disconcerting was the fact that they had two weeks to prepare given the bye, and they just looked flat.  Maybe that is just because of their o-line playing so poorly, but it's hard to tell.  If that is what it was, I am willing to give them a bit of a pass.  But if not, that is a bigger issue because that is a problem that runs a lot deeper.

Hard to say what will happen to them this season.  This is now the third game they have lost that they really should have won.  "Glass half empty" mentality says that they have big problems and are done.  "Glass half full" mentality says they are still a great team that has had some setbacks due to injuries and some other factors, and recognizes that they are still in the playoff hunt.  Really hard to tell where this season is going to go at this point.  It could go either way.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2016 on: November 03, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

After the last 3 weeks, anyone who thinks Ben is in the Rivers-Eli-Flacco-Ryan bracket instead of the Brees-Peyton-Rodgers-Brady bracket is a freakin' lunatic.

I don't think Eli is in that bracket anymore. :lol

To me, Ben still sits comfortably in the 5-7 range of QBs.  Not elite enough to be top tier with Peyton, Rodgers, etc., but still pretty damn great.  A great 3-week stretch doesn't change that.

Maybe not, but they would have had a much, much better chance.  And Dallas' D really isn't that much better on a per-play basis this year than they were last year; they are just not on the field nearly as much cause of how well the offense has eaten the clock by running the ball a lot.

Crazy fact: 11 of the 16 AFC teams are currently over .500 favorite.  And the Houston Texans, with J.J. Watt and Arian Foster, are NOT one of them.  That is nuts.

Offline adamack

« Reply #2017 on: November 03, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »

I laughed out loud when I heard the Ravens' game plan was to "beat Ben up". They tried to break his jaw with a dirty hit, but the more they hit him the better he played. Ben eats pain like candy. He and Antonio Brown are firmly in the MVP discussion.

Yess!

Are you a Steelers fan?

Anyone else aside from me a diehard Steelers fan?

It'd be nice if someone else was, as I live 15 minutes out of Philly so everyone around here are Eagles fans.

I do love the Eagles as well, but got into the Steelers when I was 7 and have never looked back.

May be going to New York next week to see them play the Jets.

Ben has been incredible. 3 weeks ago, my dad texted me "Ben should retire." It was a few minutes before they scored 3 touchdowns in 70-ish seconds against the Texans. From that point on, he has had arguably the best 2 weeks of any QB in NFL history, as Dream Team said.

Also notable: Ben jumped from 24th to 20th all time in passing TD's after yesterday's game. By the end of the year, it's possible he could be 11th, and be only a few away from Montana at 10th. Not saying he is in Montana's league (who I consider to be the GOAT unless Manning wins another SB or two). But still a cool fact.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:25:03 PM by adamack »

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2018 on: November 03, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »

Maybe not, but they would have had a much, much better chance.  And Dallas' D really isn't that much better on a per-play basis this year than they were last year; they are just not on the field nearly as much cause of how well the offense has eaten the clock by running the ball a lot.

Crazy fact: 11 of the 16 AFC teams are currently over .500 favorite.  And the Houston Texans, with J.J. Watt and Arian Foster, are NOT one of them.  That is nuts.

I'd say that's a fair assessment.  Romo does give them a better chance, but that O-line has dialed it down a notch or two.  They were playing well enough to mask the other deficiencies.  Not really too sure about Weeden as a backup either.  O-line needs to rally.

On another note regarding Denver.  I think Peyton was too hard on himself last night in that press conference.  He may not have played as well as has been, but he played a very well coached team in Foxboro which is never an easy place to win.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #2019 on: November 03, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
I'd say that's a fair assessment.  Romo does give them a better chance, but that O-line has dialed it down a notch or two.  They were playing well enough to mask the other deficiencies.  Not really too sure about Weeden as a backup either.  O-line needs to rally.
I didn't watch the game so I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like Romo being out allows defenses to key on stopping Murray, hence the O-Line has a lot more men in the box to deal with. Whereas before, if you stack the box to stop Murray, Romo just throws it to a single-covered Dez. So I think Weeden being in there affects not just the passing offense, but the rushing attack as well.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2020 on: November 03, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »

On another note regarding Denver.  I think Peyton was too hard on himself last night in that press conference.  He may not have played as well as has been, but he played a very well coached team in Foxboro which is never an easy place to win.

He did what great quarterbacks and leaders are supposed to do: take blame for the loss, instead of pointing fingers.

Personally, I didn't like that the Broncos came out not in ATTACK mode at all on offense.  The first two drives were all runs and dink passes.  Not until the 3rd drive did they attack at all, and boom, they scored a touchdown.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2021 on: November 03, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Not that it would have had a bearing on the outcome, but can someone explain to me why Peyton has to play AT New England every single year?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2022 on: November 03, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
Not that it would have had a bearing on the outcome, but can someone explain to me why Peyton has to play AT New England every single year?
If both teams win their division this year, they will play at Denver next year.

For the longest time, it felt like the Pats were going to Denver every year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=nwe&tm2=den&yr=all

In the late 90's there were a lot of games in Denver, but recently, NE has had more home games.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2023 on: November 03, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

Facts:

-Of the 16 times Brady and Manning have gone head-to-head, 10 of them have been in New England, including 8 of the 12 in the regular season. 

-2007 is the last time the QB playing on the road won.

-2001 was when Indy and NE were still in the same division.  NE won both games that year, which was a down one for the Colts, who went 6-10.

-In the last four Brady/Manning regular season games, NE was the home team.

So yeah, I can't help but wonder what the head-to-head record would be if Manning had been lucky enough to have 2/3 of the regular season games between the two on his home field.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2024 on: November 03, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
The worst part of this week every year is constantly hearing the Brady/Manning head to head jibba jabba.
The sports radio debates are nauseating. Honestly, I'd rather hear steroid talk.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #2025 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:21 PM »
The worst part of this week every year is constantly hearing the Brady/Manning head to head jibba jabba.
The sports radio debates are nauseating. Honestly, I'd rather hear steroid talk.

I was amused last week by NFL Network running a "Top 10 Brady-Manning Games" show simply because, at the time, that just meant leaving five of them out.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Big Ben Lays the Pipe on All Comers
« Reply #2026 on: November 03, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
I cannot understand how the Broncos play mos g of yh ed fames in N.E.  Dome funky formula that I'm to lazy to figure out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2027 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »
I cannot understand how the Broncos play mos g of yh ed fames in N.E.  Dome funky formula that I'm to lazy to figure out.
I need a funky formula to figure out WTF you just wrote! :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2028 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
Me too.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2029 on: November 03, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
Goddamn I suck.  Smart phone and smart owner my ass. :lol