Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283126 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Kirk Cousins Lays the Pipe on His Career Prospects
« Reply #1610 on: September 29, 2014, 10:58:50 AM »
That also stems from the GM in SF wanting to get rid of Harbaugh.  Player know the parents are fighting and act out and don't listen to them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1611 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »
Re: Tomlin, just wanted to add he's a terrible in-game coach also. When did you ever see Tomlin out-smart the opposing coach? Poor use of challenges, poor clock management, etc etc. People bought into him because he is so articulate, but there's nothing there behind it but clichés: "The standard is the standard" "Next man up" "we'll defend every blade of grass". Steelers fans take bets on which clichés he'll use which week.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1612 on: September 29, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
Looks like the Bills are bailing on their 1st Round QB a quarter way through his sophomore season....

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11613360/kyle-orton-takes-ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-qb

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1613 on: September 29, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
Looks like the Bills are bailing on their 1st Round QB a quarter way through his sophomore season....

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11613360/kyle-orton-takes-ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-qb
He's regressing, he needs a chance to watch the game, and Kyle Orton is a fine replacement. They're definitely not bailing on him

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: September 29, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »

He's regressing, he needs a chance to watch the game, and Kyle Orton is a fine replacement. They're definitely not bailing on him

I don't see how watching Orton play is going to make him any better. He should be out there playing and gaining experience. He has plenty of time during the week to watch the game via film study.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1615 on: September 29, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
Marrone can't lay his career as the head coach on the line on the hopes that EJ shakes off his bad play. Marrone needs secure some wins and EJ has shown he's not capable of it right now. EJ can now have a chance to watch the game in action without all the pressure, and see what he could be improving during practice. If someone's regressing you don't just keep them out their to stew in it

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1616 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
Go Chiefs!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1617 on: September 29, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »
Damn ugly so far
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1618 on: September 29, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
Sorry, King.

Go Chiefs!

:ontome:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »
 :lol

Pathetic showing on both sides of the ball for the half

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1620 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
Not good for Pats fans in that 1st half.  Ouch!
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1622 on: September 29, 2014, 08:20:06 PM »
Bed soon the way this game is going

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1623 on: September 30, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »

I don't see how watching Orton play is going to make him any better. He should be out there playing and gaining experience. He has plenty of time during the week to watch the game via film study.

Buffalo's plan all along was to have EJ sit and learn the game behind Kolb last year, but that didn't work out because of all the concussions, so they had to throw him into the starting role. Now that it's year two and he's clearly moving backwards, they want to go back to the original plan in an effort to get him back on track. It's clear that he is the QB of the future in Buffalo, they just want him to learn the game a bit more.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1624 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »
Woohoo, Brady needed 14 fantasy points for me to lose and he didnt get it!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. 31 horse race
« Reply #1625 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:55 AM »
As much as I don't like the Chiefs, that sure was fun to watch last night. :hat

Post-Week 4 Top 10 Power Rankings
1. Cincinnati - We'll see how good they really are this coming Sunday when they play a declining Patriots team.
2. Seattle - Over/under on how many interceptions they force out of Kirk Cousins next Monday: 4.
3. Arizona - Playing at Denver this week will be a good barometer for how good they are.
4. Denver - Tough game this week against an undefeated Arizona squad.
5. San Diego - Philip Rivers is probably the offensive MVP of the league so far.
6. Baltimore - They've done a great job in focusing and playing well since the Ray Rice mess hit the fan.
7. Philadelphia - 3-1 at the quarter point is really good, but that offensive line is in shambles.
8. Detroit - Their D appears legit, and winning a tough road game despite a limited Megatron was impressive.
9. Houston - JJ Watt is easily the best defensive player in the league, and might be the MVP of the entire league right now.
10. Dallas - Gotta give them props; they are playing extremely well right now. 

Trending up: Indy, NY Giants and Kansas City
Trending down: Pittsburgh, New Orleans and NY Jets
Bottom 3: Jacksonville, Oakland and Tennessee

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1626 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
I like seeing my Giants trending up!  They should have beaten Arizona too.  Besides that terrible opening game against Detroit and the first quarter vs. Arizona, they look like they are figuring things out.  They dominated Houston even though the score didnt show a dominant performance, that game was never close and then they dismantled a division rival.  I will wait until they show some more consistency, but if things are clicking with the new offense, I say they have a shot at finishing a .500 or above.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1627 on: September 30, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »
I'm not sold on Houston or Dallas, but the rest of the list looks fine

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1628 on: September 30, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »
The Raiders FINALLY dumped Coach Allen.  They fire a coach who gets them to 8-8 in his first year and hold on to this rookie with losing seasons for 3+ years.  No wonder no one wants to play for them.

So glad I moved them aside for the Seahawks!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1629 on: September 30, 2014, 11:33:16 PM »
If the Saints end up winning the 5-6 games I currently have them winning this season, I wonder if this could be the end of us ever contending in the Brees era. Our team is a hemorrhaging mess at far too many places for this to be a one-year turnaround (O-line, ZERO playmaking WRs, front seven that begs RBs to run into their arms so they won't have to actually pursue a tackle with honest effort/intelligence, worst secondary I've seen in my 27 years watching them) so unless something miraculous occurs, I just can't see this ship sailing smoothly with our suffocated salary cap situation and smoke-and-mirrors D.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #1630 on: October 01, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »
If the Saints end up winning the 5-6 games I currently have them winning this season, I wonder if this could be the end of us ever contending in the Brees era. Our team is a hemorrhaging mess at far too many places for this to be a one-year turnaround (O-line, ZERO playmaking WRs, front seven that begs RBs to run into their arms so they won't have to actually pursue a tackle with honest effort/intelligence, worst secondary I've seen in my 27 years watching them) so unless something miraculous occurs, I just can't see this ship sailing smoothly with our suffocated salary cap situation and smoke-and-mirrors D.

I'm really surprised by the Saints, I thought they had a very solid team. I think the loss of Sproles hurt the O more than they expected, but I still can't understand the poor defensive performance. On paper there wasn't that much change from last season (you could argue they improved with Byrd, though I was never that high on him) and Rob Ryan is still there, so the defense should be at the very least in the top half instead of bottom 5 like they are right now.

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #1631 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »
The Raiders FINALLY dumped Coach Allen.  They fire a coach who gets them to 8-8 in his first year and hold on to this rookie with losing seasons for 3+ years.  No wonder no one wants to play for them.

Traitor!

Glad to see Allen gone.  Sparano should be a decent interim coach.  Don't know if they'll get someone better in the long run but they can't get anyone worse, because everyone knows they won't hire Lane Kiffin again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1632 on: October 01, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »

Fair-weather, front-running fans are the worst.  There is something to be said for being loyal and sticking with those who are going through a rough patch.

I still think they'll win 8+ games, but Sean Payton is so goofy with his player usage and play-calling sometimes; he has a lot of Mike Martz in him.  Kenny Still is a good deep threat, yet has only 12 targets through four games.  And the other day, Pierre Thomas barely saw the field, while Travis Cadet had like six or seven targets in the passing game.  Uh, what?  :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1633 on: October 01, 2014, 10:59:26 AM »
Who was the Raiders couch a few years ago that for some reason they let him go when the team was trending in a positive way?  I remember thinking it was a mistake.

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #1634 on: October 01, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »
Who was the Raiders couch a few years ago that for some reason they let him go when the team was trending in a positive way?  I remember thinking it was a mistake.

Tom Cable.  He's the o-line and assistant head coach with the Seahawks now.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: October 01, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
That's right. I thought the team was buying into him and they never should have got rid of him.  Was that the consensus with most Raiders fans?

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #1636 on: October 01, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Lots of us loved the guy.  The Cable Guy was well liked by the fans, and he finally seemed to have the team on the right track.

Then he gets canned, goes to Seattle, and puts in his o line system that helped turn them into one of the best rushing teams in the league.  :facepalm:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1637 on: October 01, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
Wow, I never knew Cable landed in Seatlle.  Good for him, but boy that must hurt as a Raiders fan.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1638 on: October 01, 2014, 12:21:39 PM »
I am pretty sure, at this point, Raiders fans are more than used to hurting. :lol :lol :biggrin:

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1639 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:21 PM »
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2014/clutch-encounters-week-4

Revealing research by this guy, starting about halfway down the page . . . since the Tomlin/Lebeau era began in 2007, the Steelers lead all teams in leads blown in the last 2 minutes of games (12) in the last 60 seconds (11) in the last 40 seconds (11) and last 15 seconds (9). So maybe we can finally put to rest the misconception of the defense always carrying that team  . . .

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1640 on: October 01, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »
Tom Cable was the first, then they got Hue Jackson who got them 8-8 and let him go! WTF? 

I've been a Raiders fan since the 80's but my patience has run out.  I'm still a fan but they're not going anywhere soon.

I'm not a Seahawks fan just because they won the SB.  I just didn't pay attention to them before.  I like the team personality, culture, uniforms, etc.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1641 on: October 01, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2014/clutch-encounters-week-4

Revealing research by this guy, starting about halfway down the page . . . since the Tomlin/Lebeau era began in 2007, the Steelers lead all teams in leads blown in the last 2 minutes of games (12) in the last 60 seconds (11) in the last 40 seconds (11) and last 15 seconds (9). So maybe we can finally put to rest the misconception of the defense always carrying that team  . . .
Quantity stats leave a lot to be desired. You can't give up a drive like that unless you're winning a close game that late (and your offense can't close it) to begin with.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #1642 on: October 02, 2014, 12:51:01 AM »

Quantity stats leave a lot to be desired. You can't give up a drive like that unless you're winning a close game that late (and your offense can't close it) to begin with.

Not only that, but for each one of those blown leads they could have 5 or 50 saved leads. I think it would be more helpful to know the percentage of blown vs saved leads.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1643 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »
^ true.  But 'leading the league' in this regard is not flattering, and would suggest that they are the worst at holding a lead regardless of the %s
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #1644 on: October 02, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »
Wow, I never knew Cable landed in Seatlle.  Good for him, but boy that must hurt as a Raiders fan.

Yeah, it kinda' does.  And Hue Jackson's doing great coordinating the Bengal's offense.

I am pretty sure, at this point, Raiders fans are more than used to hurting. :lol :lol :biggrin:

Yeah, definitely.  It would be great to cheer for a winning team again...heck, it would be great to cheer for a mediocre team again.