Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283164 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Saints' D says "Astro Glide won't be necessary."
« Reply #1295 on: September 14, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
Saints game was interesting. They switched from the Cowboys to the Saints game because the titans weren't doing much.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1296 on: September 14, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »
And JJ Watt has just scored a TD on offense. Expect more of that in the future.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #1297 on: September 14, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
jets omg

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #1298 on: September 14, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »
Go Packers Go! (Get that Top 5 Pick)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1299 on: September 14, 2014, 03:48:58 PM »
Seattle's having trouble, as well. The league is a very strange place.

Speaking of strangeness, I heard a holding penalty earlier and was actually surprised to hear it was called against an offensive lineman. I'd kind of forgotten that holding used to be an offensive penalty.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. 31 horse race
« Reply #1300 on: September 14, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
Literally everything we thought we knew after last week has been turned on its head.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1301 on: September 14, 2014, 05:08:12 PM »
Seahawks lost to the  :censored CHARGERS???   >:(  I'm stunned.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1302 on: September 14, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
I'll be damned Skip Bayless was right :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1303 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »
Wow... lots of strangeness this week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1304 on: September 14, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »

:lol       :loser:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1305 on: September 14, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
I guess that would be a passive aggressive 'Josh-rage'.

What's with all the fuckin flags in this SNF game!?!?  Let them fucking PLAY ffs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1306 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
Wow....Kaep.  Did that hurt?   It looked really painful...you know...when you *slammed* into it like that. 

[/48 Hours reference]

:angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1307 on: September 14, 2014, 09:29:29 PM »
Wow....Kaep.  Did that hurt?   It looked really painful...you know...when you *slammed* into it like that. 

[/48 Hours reference]

:angel:
Great shot with the door. Solid 60's cadillac door, to boot.

Damn, Chicago has completely taken over this game. Like to see it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1308 on: September 14, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
LOL Kaep.  He must've gotten a few tips from Romo last week.  :lol

Bears taking care of this one tonight will be the icing on the cake.  I tell ya, football season is like living in a parallel universe.  Next weekend could be totally different again.  Go figure.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1309 on: September 14, 2014, 09:40:19 PM »
Football isn't a parallel universe, it's just like always.

It's just being played in an era of multiple 24-7 sport networks that only focus on the right now, so Week 1 is all that mattered and you can project the entire season by one week. Which is silly, but doesn't seem to stop stuff like 'Should the Pats be concerned?!" when their next game was against the fucking Vikings.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1310 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »
IDK....it seems weird to me that we have only played **TWO GAMES**....that's all.   And yet, there are only 6 teams out of 32 who have won both of their games.

And if you had known that before hand, you probably would not have have picked Arizona, Cincinnati and Buffalo to be among those 6 teams. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1311 on: September 14, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »
Wow, Niners went down like a five dollar whore during fleet week. What a debacle, this might end up being a long year of watching the Seahawks kick everyone's asses. Goddammit.

Edit: just checked the rest of the scores, been traveling and shit all day. Seattle lost?!?!?!?!!!!  :omg:

So......the Cards are leading the west? Hoooooo fucking boy this is gonna be an interesting year....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:16:33 PM by lonestar »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1312 on: September 14, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Even St. Louis is 1-1.  Strange opening couple of weeks.

That was an entertaining game tonight... despite the plethora of flags.

If there's one thing that we can predict with the NFL, it's inconsistency.  It's like someone switched Kaep's and Romo's Wheaties this week.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1313 on: September 14, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
Yea.  I always laugh to myself when sports big mouths try to predict who's going to win championships before the seasons even start.  It's like why even bother? You're usually not right anyway.  It's like they just do it so they have something to talk about.

One thing that could have slowed Seahawks down was the heat.  It was over 100 on the field.  And with the sun beating down it's like being in an oven, the stadium has little air flow.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1314 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
I am not surprised the Seahawks lost to the Chargers.  I figured 13-3 for the, with three road losses, and this is one of their most losable games, especially with the Chargers coming off a tough MNF loss. 

The Broncos offense predictably isn't as absurd last year, but the defense looks better, and this is now two games in a row they made a big stop at the end to secure the win.

Today showed why I don't take Miami or Tennessee seriously as contenders.  Those teams go as their quarterbacks go, and Tannehill and Locker are both very inconsistent from week to week.

Crazy comeback by the Bears tonight.  I had them dead in the water at 17-0, but they fought back, and Kaepernick imploding sure did help.

Sean Payton needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop with his constantly rotating RBs system. Mark Ingram looks great now and should be getting a lot more touches.

The Bills are 2-0. :eek :eek :eek

I think RG3 is done.  The guy's body is just breaking down all around him, and Cousins might be a better fit for the offense of Jay Gruden, who clearly wants a pocket QB.

I'm not surprised at all by Houston's 2-0 start.  They weren't nearly as bad as their 2-14 record last year - they still had a top defense - but Schaub falling apart killed them, and it's hard to overcome bad QB play.  Not that Ryan Fitzpatrick is all that, but the new coach is doing a nice job with him so far.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1315 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
If the Panthers can keep up their current level of intensity, this will be a fun season.

And Cam Newton may hampered by injuries to his ribs or ankles, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with his arm.  Yesterday he had more zip on his throws than I've ever seen (not that it's ever been a problem anyway).  Many of his passes were just laser beams.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1316 on: September 15, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
The Panthers were everybody's pick this year for "last year's playoff team that will drop off this year," so they sort of became underrated in that regard.  Factor in how terrible the defenses of Atlanta and New Orleans both are, and Carolina might be a rare NFC South team that wins the division two years in a row.  But it's still early...

Also, Vikings have announced that Adrian Peterson will play next week.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1317 on: September 15, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »
The Panthers were everybody's pick this year for "last year's playoff team that will drop off this year," so they sort of became underrated in that regard.
I know that was the case, but I never really understood why.

BTW, let's hear it for Panthers K Graham Gano.  Three FG and one recovered fumble  :metal :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1318 on: September 15, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
Also, Vikings have announced that Adrian Peterson will play next week.

Guess I can bench/release Asiata

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1319 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:25 AM »
The Panthers were everybody's pick this year for "last year's playoff team that will drop off this year," so they sort of became underrated in that regard.

I think that was largely because of their complete turnover at the WR position.  However, Benjamin is looking like the real deal, and while Avant and Cotchery aren't anything special, they are a no worse 2 and 3 than LaFell and Ginn were.  Patriots fans are now finding out what Panthers fans have known for years: LaFell sucks.  As for losing Steve Smith, while he is showing in Baltimore that he still has plenty left in the tank, he can't really produce at a high level anymore with no other WRs around to draw any coverage away, but with the Ravens, Torrey Smith is a deep threat who must be accounted for, plus they have those TEs, so it's the perfect place for an aging WR who can still beat single coverage.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1320 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:28 AM »
Well, congrats to teams like Carolina, Arizona, Houston, and Denver for holding it together and getting off to a great start.  As for the rest of the NFL, I am thoroughly confused after this week.  :lol  I was fully prepared to talk smack about Seattle imploding yesterday...until the 49ers then followed suit.  Not room for trash talk from the fanbase of either team this week.  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1321 on: September 15, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
Jets got F'd in the A yesterday

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1322 on: September 15, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »

I think that was largely because of their complete turnover at the WR position. 
I guess so, but it seems like poor thinking.  The WR corps was our definite weak point last season, so we got rid of all of them and brought in some veterans, along with a stud rookie.  Not sure it would be possible to go down from where we were.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Steve Smith, and I don't like the way it went down, but I think that move will turn out to be good for all involved.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1323 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
Jets got F'd in the A yesterday

Well, by themselves.  But yea, typical Jet loss.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1324 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
Well, congrats to teams like Carolina, Arizona, Houston, and Denver for holding it together and getting off to a great start.  As for the rest of the NFL, I am thoroughly confused after this week.  :lol  I was fully prepared to talk smack about Seattle imploding yesterday...until the 49ers then followed suit.  Not room for trash talk from the fanbase of either team this week.  :dunno:

My take on that:

As Kev said, this was one of the games that I had in the L column for this year for exactly the reasons he mentioned.  I felt even more so when I discovered before game time that it was 120 degrees on the field, and that Pete Carroll had done little to nothing to prepare his players for the heat.   (his motto is just preparing them to play with heart...no matter the conditions.   I kinda get it...but I kinda don't.)    Seattle was NEVER in control of that game.   In fact, we were fortunate to even have a last chance near the end of that game.   San Diego dominated ball control, and we were literally GIFTED a TD on the Percy Harvin run.    We didn't deserve that game on any level from start to finish.    But again, I'm sticking with the same formula as last year.   We're a 12-4 maybe 13-3 team.   We'll go undefeated at home (maybe one loss), and we'll go about 5-3 on the road...maybe split.  (the other road games I'm worried about, for the record are Carolina, San Fransisco, and Arizona).

The Niners OTOH really had no excuse.   They were in total control of the game IN THEIR HOME OPENER no less....and completely fell apart.    I think Kaep can be a badass at times, but his immaturity showed in spades last night.     I suppose that's another reason I really love Wilson as a player much more than Kaep.    Wilson doesn't put up Kaep's numbers, but he's a far more mature player.   He doesn't play like Montana...but his attitude and poise remind me of Montana.   There are many times when I feel that that is more important to a team than just a badass athlete. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1325 on: September 15, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »
Well yeah, Wilson is better and far more consistent than Kaepernick.  He doesn't run like Kaepernick, although he's easily as elusive at escaping the pocket, but you rarely see Wilson make a barrage of glaring mistakes like Kaepernick has in two of the last three 49ers games that mattered (NFCCG and last night).  Much of it is attitude, yes, as Wilson just exudes leadership, while Kaepernick, well, just doesn't, at least from where I'm watching. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1326 on: September 15, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »

My take on that:

As Kev said, this was one of the games that I had in the L column for this year for exactly the reasons he mentioned.  I felt even more so when I discovered before game time that it was 120 degrees on the field, and that Pete Carroll had done little to nothing to prepare his players for the heat.   (his motto is just preparing them to play with heart...no matter the conditions.   I kinda get it...but I kinda don't.)    Seattle was NEVER in control of that game.   In fact, we were fortunate to even have a last chance near the end of that game.   San Diego dominated ball control, and we were literally GIFTED a TD on the Percy Harvin run.    We didn't deserve that game on any level from start to finish.    But again, I'm sticking with the same formula as last year.   We're a 12-4 maybe 13-3 team.   We'll go undefeated at home (maybe one loss), and we'll go about 5-3 on the road...maybe split.  (the other road games I'm worried about, for the record are Carolina, San Fransisco, and Arizona).

The Niners OTOH really had no excuse.   They were in total control of the game IN THEIR HOME OPENER no less....and completely fell apart.    I think Kaep can be a badass at times, but his immaturity showed in spades last night.     I suppose that's another reason I really love Wilson as a player much more than Kaep.    Wilson doesn't put up Kaep's numbers, but he's a far more mature player.   He doesn't play like Montana...but his attitude and poise remind me of Montana.   There are many times when I feel that that is more important to a team than just a badass athlete. 

Hey, if you can rationalize that one outcome was better than the other, go right ahead.  I think anyone on either side who tries to do so loses credibility.  Either way, these were dumb losses by two better teams that should not have lost.  They may have choked in different ways, but both teams choked.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1327 on: September 15, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
No need for riled feathers...  The Seahawks did not look like champions yesterday, and I don't think Carroll properly prepared them...so there's plenty of blame to go around.    I was simply trying to (as objective as I can possibly be) point out why the Niners loss may have hurt the team more in the long run.  (and why the Seahawks are better  ;D )

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1328 on: September 15, 2014, 04:44:55 PM »
I wouldn't call Seattle losing at San Diego choking.  They simply got outplayed from start to finish by a playoff team.

The 49ers, meanwhile, blew a double digit 4th quarter lead at home to a team with injured stars and a bad defense.

It's far easier to bash Richard Sherman for being a little baby by running and hiding after the game.  Sure, he has a lot to say when they win, but where was he when they lost?  Yeah, running and hiding.  Typical blowhard.

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind
« Reply #1329 on: September 15, 2014, 05:28:13 PM »
I need a good RB for my roster: does trading crabtree and hopkins worth getting Morris and decker ( he's injured right now with hamstring problemhe grabs from the preseason)