Author Topic: Haken thread v. "Evening With" tour (some set spoilers)  (Read 66851 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Haken thread v. Fauna, 3rd March 2023
« Reply #1050 on: September 12, 2023, 10:07:45 AM »
Wow, coming to Red Bank NJ!  :metal

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1051 on: September 12, 2023, 10:10:02 AM »
Really really hoping they record/release a live album from these dates.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1052 on: September 12, 2023, 10:15:48 AM »
Wow, not what I was expecting!

I guess it's time for a road trip to beautiful Asheville!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1053 on: September 12, 2023, 10:24:50 AM »
Somerville Theater on a Friday night?  Why yes please.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: September 12, 2023, 10:32:40 AM »
A live release would be greatly appreciated

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1055 on: September 12, 2023, 10:33:45 AM »
Heck yeah.......we get a St. Louis Date!!!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #1056 on: September 12, 2023, 10:40:11 AM »
Closest date to me is four hours away...hmmmm

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1057 on: September 12, 2023, 10:45:02 AM »
Looks like it's Boulder for me.

I was expecting a live release, but a live release of this will be epic. I can only imagine what they'd play. Visions has to be played.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1058 on: September 12, 2023, 11:23:52 AM »
"Fauna in its entirety!"

That's gonna amazing! Such a good album, I hope a show will be recorded for a live album!

I'm eyeing the Baltimore date!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #1059 on: September 12, 2023, 11:46:19 AM »
I'm jealous.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1060 on: September 12, 2023, 11:47:18 AM »
oh wow, awesome! i'd love to check out the colorado show. anyone got presale codes? :)
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1061 on: September 12, 2023, 12:57:45 PM »
Now the question is do I see it in Red Bank and drive home or do I make a night of it in times square? The latter could be more enticing if it was a chance to meet some of you fine people.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #1062 on: September 12, 2023, 01:00:56 PM »
That Baltimore show is a maybe.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1063 on: September 12, 2023, 01:05:54 PM »
The Februaryness of it is kind of a bummer to those of us who'd typically travel. And sadly no Wang show, where weather would be unlikely to screw things up. A month or two later I'd hit all four shows from MA to NJ, but Feb isn't something I want to gamble on. SoCal is probably my most likely option for multiple shows.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: September 12, 2023, 02:15:13 PM »
The Februaryness of it is kind of a bummer to those of us who'd typically travel. And sadly no Wang show, where weather would be unlikely to screw things up. A month or two later I'd hit all four shows from MA to NJ, but Feb isn't something I want to gamble on. SoCal is probably my most likely option for multiple shows.

That global warming has lead to very little snow lately up here.  It's a risk, but may not be as risky as one might normally think.

I'm debating if I should do BOTH NY and NJ.  Palladium Times Square is almost 4 times the size of their typical NY show, so I kind of expect the curtain to be down and they don't sell the seats, maybe make it closer to a 1k capacity.  The NJ show at the Vogel is a small apparently 800 person GA venue.  I'd be shocked if they can pull more than 500 people out to this venue with the NYC show not that far off.  I've only been to the Vogel once and wasn't crazy about it other than the newness of it (seemed nice and clean).  But I think it could make for a good show to see them compared to where they played in NYC this year.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1065 on: September 12, 2023, 06:48:20 PM »

That global warming has lead to very little snow lately up here.  It's a risk, but may not be as risky as one might normally think.

I'm debating if I should do BOTH NY and NJ.  Palladium Times Square is almost 4 times the size of their typical NY show, so I kind of expect the curtain to be down and they don't sell the seats, maybe make it closer to a 1k capacity.  The NJ show at the Vogel is a small apparently 800 person GA venue.  I'd be shocked if they can pull more than 500 people out to this venue with the NYC show not that far off.  I've only been to the Vogel once and wasn't crazy about it other than the newness of it (seemed nice and clean).  But I think it could make for a good show to see them compared to where they played in NYC this year.
Unfortunately, planning a long venture like that makes me quite risk averse. Hell, February's not entirely safe in Texas.  :lol  So-Cal is pretty much the only area that I'd be confident planning ahead for, I reckon.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: September 12, 2023, 07:15:07 PM »
Wow, not what I was expecting!

I guess it's time for a road trip to beautiful Asheville!

I missed them earlier this year when they came through but I'll try and catch the Asheville show.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1067 on: September 13, 2023, 01:49:37 AM »
So Haken just wrapped up a whole US tour focussing on Fauna and now announce another US tour while Europe still only got a co-headliner tour with half a set for each band? Not cool.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1068 on: September 13, 2023, 02:13:08 AM »
Surprised that Philly is being skipped, as they've had good crowds there. Will hit either/both of NYC and Red Bank.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1069 on: September 13, 2023, 02:25:51 AM »
So Haken just wrapped up a whole US tour focussing on Fauna and now announce another US tour while Europe still only got a co-headliner tour with half a set for each band? Not cool.
Europe should happen too, don't worry. Just more complex to arrange because there are so many different countries.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1070 on: September 13, 2023, 05:45:51 AM »
It should also be noted there is a time limit for America. To make any sense they have to do the run before or after the cruise, and need to have a ton of ducks in a row in the leadup for that.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1071 on: September 13, 2023, 06:21:39 AM »
Visions/The Mountain/Affinity
Aquarius
Vector

Fauna
Virus

This is a ranking I can get on board with. I would rank exactly the same.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: September 13, 2023, 11:19:03 AM »

Unfortunately, planning a long venture like that makes me quite risk averse. Hell, February's not entirely safe in Texas.  :lol  So-Cal is pretty much the only area that I'd be confident planning ahead for, I reckon.

Yeah makes sense.  Given all the crazy ways concerts can be cancelled, risk aversion for traveling to shows is important.

Now the question is do I see it in Red Bank and drive home or do I make a night of it in times square? The latter could be more enticing if it was a chance to meet some of you fine people.

Red Bank is pretty local to me.  One could actually take a 80-90 minute train from NYC to Red Bank, venue is right near the station.  I'm like 100% sure I'm going there.  NYC is doable, but will cost more (to get there) and I'm not 100% sure I need to see this show twice since I saw them 3 times within the last two years already.  So I'm going to wait closer to the date to decide I want to go to NYC as well.

« Reply #1073 on: September 13, 2023, 11:34:30 AM »
just scored a ticket to the boulder show! cost was reasonable too! super excited  :metal
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1074 on: September 13, 2023, 11:35:49 AM »
I'm loving the news about Haken's extended tour dates, but I'm crossing my fingers for a European stop too! I'd absolutely love to see Fauna live – it's such an incredible album.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1075 on: September 13, 2023, 12:00:42 PM »
I'm loving the news about Haken's extended tour dates, but I'm crossing my fingers for a European stop too! I'd absolutely love to see Fauna live – it's such an incredible album.
I don't know what the setlist plans will be but I'm confident there'll be a big European tour next year.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1076 on: September 13, 2023, 12:04:43 PM »
Ariich, any idea on they will be adding dates to this leg? Or do you think it’s pretty much set in stone?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1077 on: September 13, 2023, 12:07:48 PM »
I got my ticket for nyc. I'm smack dab in the middle, last row before the mixing board.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: September 13, 2023, 12:13:55 PM »
I got my ticket for nyc. I'm smack dab in the middle, last row before the mixing board.

Oh wow, they put seats on the floor! Of all the shows I've seen at that venue, never seen seats on the floor.  Interesting.  They did the same with the Vogel in Red Bank, so no GA pits for these shows.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1079 on: September 13, 2023, 12:14:25 PM »
code FAUNA is working for the bandsintown presale that's currently running.  Are all venues seated? Both LA shows appear to be reserved seats at venues that are typically GA, not sure if it's an error on the ticketing side or a new strategy for Haken shows..

Decent chance I end up at both LA and Anaheim, but i guess it depends if they are actually GA or if I need to decide how much i want to spend on seats at each show

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: September 13, 2023, 12:18:12 PM »
 :lol yeah, I was just guessing codes and tried FAUNA and it worked for both NYC and NJ.  Scooped up front row on Richards side for NJ.

« Reply #1081 on: September 13, 2023, 12:25:54 PM »
the colorado show appears to be mostly seated with what seems like a very small standing area in the back of the seats
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1082 on: September 13, 2023, 12:33:04 PM »
LA venue isn't letting you select individual seats, just best in a section  :yeahright

Really don't want to spend $85 for the best seat if the $50 seats aren't too far back, just no way to know right now  :tdwn

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1083 on: September 13, 2023, 12:51:39 PM »
LA venue isn't letting you select individual seats, just best in a section  :yeahright

Really don't want to spend $85 for the best seat if the $50 seats aren't too far back, just no way to know right now  :tdwn
Indeed. There doesn't seem to be a seating chart. I can tell you that $85 was kicking back row A (which may or may not be the front row) and $50 was returning row E (same disclaimer). Also no way of knowing where these seats are in relation to center.

Seriously, all seated? This kind of through my afternoon into chaos.
E.F. Benson

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1084 on: September 13, 2023, 01:00:37 PM »

Indeed. There doesn't seem to be a seating chart. I can tell you that $85 was kicking back row A (which may or may not be the front row) and $50 was returning row E (same disclaimer). Also no way of knowing where these seats are in relation to center.

Seriously, all seated? This kind of through my afternoon into chaos.

It's disappointing because I work right up the street from the Fonda and would get a box office ticket to save on fees, but if I need to actually select a seat then I don't want to wait and let the good stuff disappear.  And after dropping $$$ for two G3 shows I don't want to spend a ton just to have a close seat.  Reached out to the venue for clarification but who knows what their response time will be..