Author Topic: IndyCar Wacky Cruise of Placid Procrastination - Back to Biz(arro)ness.  (Read 71708 times)

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Further Instructions, Desmond
« Reply #1120 on: February 10, 2024, 05:08:47 PM »
what if i target myself

You go blind

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1121 on: February 10, 2024, 05:16:08 PM »
what if i target myself

Do I have to submit my next round song and the person I want to overtake at the same time? Or can I choose my victim but send my song after?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1122 on: February 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM »
Target tomorrow. Concert time!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1123 on: February 10, 2024, 05:23:40 PM »
Do I have to submit my next round song and the person I want to overtake at the same time? Or can I choose my victim but send my song after?

You can send them together or through different PMs. The imprtant thing to remember is the target info must be sent only after I post resulsts and marching order.

Target tomorrow. Concert time!

Enjoy the show and target Monday! You still don't have anybody ahead of you.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1124 on: February 10, 2024, 05:43:04 PM »
Results are tomorrow right?

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1125 on: February 10, 2024, 05:47:06 PM »
Monday.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1126 on: February 10, 2024, 05:53:17 PM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - All Is Revealed!
« Reply #1127 on: February 10, 2024, 07:09:32 PM »

The bulk of your submissions belongs to the Enjoyable (3) category, and it will be tricky to arrange a line-up in the starting grid.
There is a couple of 2's (Satisfactory) that fell a bit flat, and there is a couple of definite 4's (Orgasmic) that deserve a discography dive.

Then there's a couple of Orgasmic submissions I had to demote to 3 status: one because of the rules (I already knew the song), the other because of, well, you already know, motherfocker.

I'd be shocked if you didn't know the ELPowell.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1128 on: February 11, 2024, 05:17:09 AM »
There was no chance in hell I didn't know that song.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: February 11, 2024, 05:24:26 AM »
Which means you didn't know Ready to Explode.

:fistpump:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: February 11, 2024, 05:53:16 AM »
I hope that Lucas' song is the second one that was "other because of, well, you already know, motherfocker."  That track strikes me as being right up his alley.

Luke's got some set of pills.  That song sits firmly between 'steaming turd in my risotto', and "instant bullet".  If not the latter, at least an arrow to the knee.

Litho is tempting fate as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 06:08:31 AM by jingle.boy »

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1131 on: February 11, 2024, 06:45:02 AM »
Luke's got some set of pills.  That song sits firmly between 'steaming turd in my risotto', and "instant bullet".  If not the latter, at least an arrow to the knee.

My thought process was, if you can deal with the harsh vocals on The Human Equation, maybe Indy can with Turisas, especially as they are not used throughout the song. Also, Miklagard Overture is better than anything on THE, sooooo....

I've also got it out of my system, so if it bombs spectacularly then I've done you all a solid.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1132 on: February 11, 2024, 07:01:18 AM »
I hope that Lucas' song is the second one that was "other because of, well, you already know, motherfocker."  That track strikes me as being right up his alley.

0/3

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1133 on: February 11, 2024, 07:14:43 AM »

My thought process was, if you can deal with the harsh vocals on The Human Equation, maybe Indy can with Turisas, especially as they are not used throughout the song. Also, Miklagard Overture is better than anything on THE, sooooo....

I've also got it out of my system, so if it bombs spectacularly then I've done you all a solid.

Exactly, I figure round 1 is the time to go pedal to the metal, and if I crash into the side, well, I still have time to catch up.  Or have a chance to use overtake points.  And Indi had been a bit more nuanced about harsh vocals in deepcut.fm than in this thread, and I believe had even specifically requested them in earlier roulettes, so it was worth a shot to see if I can find a song where they turbocharge the energy and put it into overdrive. 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1134 on: February 11, 2024, 07:18:21 AM »
Litho, the Deepcut.fm sessions also influenced my decision as well! The share amount of extreme metal Indy endured in some of those sessions means he must be able tolerate something like Turisas. We'll see I guess.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: February 11, 2024, 08:29:48 AM »
Can't wait to see you guys get a 2. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1136 on: February 11, 2024, 08:32:16 AM »
Can't wait to see you guys get a 2. :biggrin:

It's a guaran-damn-tee!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1137 on: February 11, 2024, 08:48:52 AM »
Here's a question. As I'm going into the next round with 6 overtake points, if I try to overtake someone three spaces ahead of me (unlikely anyone will be ahead of me, but humour me) but they end up overtaking someone else before I can overtake them, as I have three leftover overtake points in this scenario, can I still overtake them (as long as they are still within 3 spaces ahead of where they originally were)?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 08:57:45 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1138 on: February 11, 2024, 08:55:10 AM »

Exactly, I figure round 1 is the time to go pedal to the metal, and if I crash into the side, well, I still have time to catch up.  Or have a chance to use overtake points.  And Indi had been a bit more nuanced about harsh vocals in deepcut.fm than in this thread, and I believe had even specifically requested them in earlier roulettes, so it was worth a shot to see if I can find a song where they turbocharge the energy and put it into overdrive.

No, he did a "send me bad music" round; some of the youngins went with growls - and ended up scoring well (ie, higher scores went to the music he most disliked)  :D

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1139 on: February 11, 2024, 08:58:06 AM »

Here's a question. As I'm going into the next round with 6 overtake points, if I try to overtake someone three spaces ahead of me (unlikely anyone will be ahead of me, but humour me) but they end up overtaking someone else before I can overtake them, as I have three leftover overtake points in this scenario, can I still overtake them (as long as they are still within 3 spaces ahead of where they originally were)?

You overtake only one time. In that scenario, you just have a new target. Basically you all target a constant position occupied by very variable players. It sounds all more complex than it really is on your end. To clarify the procedure:

1. 17 players PM me song and target
2. I manage the clusterfuck
3. I post songs writeups and overtaking results.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1140 on: February 11, 2024, 08:59:50 AM »

You overtake only one time. In that scenario, you just have a new target. Basically you all target a constant position occupied by very variable players. It sounds all more complex than it really is on your end. To clarify the procedure:

OK, so if I try to overtake 6 places ahead of me, but by the time I do a different person is in that spot, I just have to score better than the person now occupying that spot, otherwise I stay where I am?

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1141 on: February 11, 2024, 09:01:38 AM »

OK, so if I try to overtake 6 places ahead of me, but by the time I do a different person is in that spot, I just have to score better than the person now occupying that spot, otherwise I stay where I am?

There you go. But don't forget you may also be someone else's target.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1142 on: February 11, 2024, 09:04:18 AM »

No, he did a "send me bad music" round; some of the youngins went with growls - and ended up scoring well (ie, higher scores went to the music he most disliked)  :D

Your memory fails you.

Send me a growl tune so damn spectacular to make me finally admit that in such circumstances singing like a kobold is not only acceptable but the best choice.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1143 on: February 11, 2024, 09:04:59 AM »

There you go. But don't forget you may also be someone else's target.

OK, so if when it's my turn to overtake, I've already been overtaken (let's say I'm now in 6th when I was in 5th) if I tried to overtake 3 places then I'd now be trying to overtake 3rd, rather than 2nd, due to my current placing?

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1144 on: February 11, 2024, 09:11:24 AM »
You got it!

Let me stress this once again for everyone though: this is just chatting about mechanics. You don't have to do anything but send a song and point a focker.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1145 on: February 11, 2024, 09:12:05 AM »

So it would’ve scored a 4??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1146 on: February 11, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »

So it would’ve scored a 4??

Greg Lake = 4

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1147 on: February 11, 2024, 09:13:19 AM »
You got it!

Let me stress this once again for everyone though: this is just chatting about mechanics. You don't have to do anything but send a song and point a focker.

Luke did the opposite in this round he sent a song and fockered a point.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: February 11, 2024, 09:52:32 AM »

Your memory fails you.

Send me a growl tune so damn spectacular to make me finally admit that in such circumstances singing like a kobold is not only acceptable but the best choice.

Fair enough.  I've been reading thru his v1, and just got passed the "bad song" round.  I've yet to revisit the Indi Rumble thread.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1149 on: February 11, 2024, 11:01:43 PM »
Indy, what are your thoughts on The Beach Boys album Pet Sounds?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: February 12, 2024, 02:10:50 AM »

Your memory fails you.

I like how you went back and took a quote from the old roulette just to prove Chad wrong.  That's commitment.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1151 on: February 12, 2024, 03:23:23 AM »

Your memory fails you.

I like how you went back and took a quote from the old roulette just to prove Chad wrong.  That's commitment.

Yeah, it doesn't take that much to prove me wrong ... just ask mrs.jingle - she does it all the time.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: February 12, 2024, 03:25:42 AM »

Your memory fails you.

Yeah, it doesn't take that much to prove me wrong ... just ask mrs.jingle - she does it all the time.

He will be avenging that Ulrik Lyngs song writeup til the end of time!  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1153 on: February 12, 2024, 04:27:08 AM »
 :corn

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1154 on: February 12, 2024, 04:43:38 AM »
Indy, what are your thoughts on The Beach Boys album Pet Sounds?

A production miracle for its times.