Author Topic: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini  (Read 257445 times)

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
That whole situation is pretty damn rediculous.
lol
You might want to get that giant broomstick out of your rear end.
tri.ad, I like you. I really do. But if you want to continue with this attitude towards me where you are taking everything too seriously on the Internet and trying to rip me 'cause the way I post, we are not a match. And I sincerely recommend to you to get a Mac. Happy Vlasto Day. Fucking magnets. How do they work?!, Imma let you finish! I'm gonna post this again because it got lost in the last post of the previous page. lrn2Rd! Good God, what is this?! et al.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/forumavatars/avatar_84.jpg

Stop trying to be funny, because you aren't. The question about how much I'm taking things seriously is my business and not yours. And again, you might want to get that giant broomstick out of your rear end.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:10:45 AM by tri.ad »
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
it sure is broomsticked rear ends in here

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
That whole situation is pretty damn rediculous.
lol
You might want to get that giant broomstick out of your rear end.
tri.ad, I like you. I really do. But if you want to continue with this attitude towards me where you are taking everything too seriously on the Internet and trying to rip me 'cause the way I post, we are not a match. And I sincerely recommend to you to get a Mac. Happy Vlasto Day. Fucking magnets. How do they work?!, Imma let you finish! I'm gonna post this again because it got lost in the last post of the previous page. lrn2Rd! Good God, what is this?! et al.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/forumavatars/avatar_84.jpg

Stop trying to be funny, because you aren't. The question about how much I'm taking things seriously is my business and not yours. And again, you might want to get that giant broomstick out of your rear end.
Nah, you see, when you take your pathetic life problems and discharge your anger towards me based on my harmless humour (if you think it's funny or not, really, I do not care), you make it my problem as well.

So you may reconsider a) not to post for a while and get your personal problems straight and maybe not discharge your anger towards me b) carry on posting (or just lurk, whatever) but ignore my posts and never address them again ('cause, seriously, I couldn't care less if you don't think I'm a valuable member anymore - "Seriously, man. We're done professionally." Stop pissing at my parade c) Get a Mac d) Keep reading my posts, keep replying to my posts and keep getting angrier and angrier, and then insult me again until you get a ban.

What's it gonna be then, eh?

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
That's some nice assumptions there, emindead.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
That's some nice assumptions there, emindead.
True. I don't know what's the main reason for him getting so upset lately. Though I wouldn't consider a happy guy getting cranky at someone who's doing nothing wrong just because a probable possibility. I hope he's OK.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
Apple getting an unfounded warrant rammed through so they could search a man's house..."surprised" me today. Especially after said man returned Apple's property.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Nah, you see, when you take your pathetic life problems and make it an Internet problem based on my harmless humour, you make it my problem as well.

Where are you taking that from? You don't know anything about me and my so-called "pathetic life problems". Think about posting such things before actually doing it, or do some proper research.

So you may reconsider a) not to post for a while and get your personal problems straight and maybe not discharge your anger towards me

I'm not discharging any anger towards you, and again, why do you think that this has got to do anything with my personal problems? Also, don't set up such stupid rules such as "don't post anything for a while". You're not my boss, so don't pretend to be it.

b) carry on posting (or just lurk, whatever) but ignore my posts and never address them again

Which posts I'm addressing and which not is my business and not anyone else's. I don't see why I should be more considerate of certain members than others because of their way they post or their general attitude about this forum and their members etc.

I couldn't care less if you don't think I'm a valuable member anymore - "Seriously, man. We're done professionally."

Admittedly, that was out of line, so I edited it out. But since you don't care about it anyway...

c) Get a Mac

Again, stop trying so hard to be funny.

d) Keep reading my posts, keep replying to my posts and keep getting angrier and angrier, and then insult me again until you get a ban.

Ah, so that's what you want, apparently. Well, unlike other people, I'm actually able to shut up when it's necessary, so me getting a ban for insulting you (which I didn't, I was just putting out a statement) is unlikely to happen.

Seriously, you really seem to have problems with dealing with criticism. You are the first person to pick on mistakes and stuff by other members, and let me tell you this, people are getting pissed off by it, and rightly so. But God forbid that anyone criticises your way of posting that obviously doesn't really appeal to many people here (I've discussed that with several other DTF people, and we're all in agreement that your style is aggravating and annyoing to a mentionable amount of members here sometimes), and you jump out pointing your finger at the one who criticised you and pretending to be invulnerable etc.

I don't know why you think that criticism is a personal insult to you, but if you think that I should be banned, carry on doing what you have to do.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:20:57 AM by tri.ad »
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
ENOUGH

I don't know what the problem is, but both of you chill out.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline blackngold29

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
Not available in my country. Lame.

But if he's the guy I'm thinking he is, I probably don't want to watch it anyway.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
John Stewart on the whole deal: https://mashable.com/2010/04/29/jon-stewart-apple/ :lol

I loved the part about Bill Gates now ridding the world of mosquitoes :lol

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
John Stewart on the whole deal: https://mashable.com/2010/04/29/jon-stewart-apple/ :lol

:lol

But if he's the guy I'm thinking he is, I probably don't want to watch it anyway.

???

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
Please tell me that's not someone's real opinion.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
It is, I read the same article a couple days ago. I felt the same way as the rage character.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
Jesus H Fucking christ.

They give you more, but they demand more. They require more troubleshooting of problems, more general system maintenance, more file management.

I will never for the life of me understand this argument. I've had my PC for three years now, and I really have no problems or maintenance to deal with. It's like these people watched an infomercial for Macs that had a bunch of black and white shots of people looking frustrated while using some HP from 1997 and just assumed that's how computers are.

Offline blackngold29

It is, I read the same article a couple days ago. I felt the same way as the rage character.
Wow, I'm all for iPads and stuff and think they will slow sales of netbooks (oh yeah, they already are), but it's absolutely ridiculous to think they'll replace desktops. I don't even want to comment on how idiotic carrying two would be.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd even understand why sales of desktops would drop due to the iPad.  The iPad is just as expensive as a decent desktop, and people are buying into the hype and novelty right now and don't have the money to buy both.  Just because people are buying an iPad instead of a desktop does not mean that desktops are going to go away.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I did the rage face when reading that "I need multitasking therefore I'll buy two!!". FUCK!

Edit: I sometimes doubt if Apple is really leading its users to innovation, more like to retardation.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I think I did the rage face when reading that "I need multitasking therefore I'll buy two!!". FUCK!

Edit: I sometimes doubt if Apple is really leading its users to innovation, more like to retardation.

They're just taking advantage of peoples stupidity. Good business. People would dumb without apple as well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni

They're just taking advantage of peoples stupidity. Good business. People would dumb without apple as well.
There was a comment from the website I took this pic that said:

1. Invest in Apple
2. ?? ?? ?? ??
3. Profit!!! thanks to sheep

Why aren't we all investing in Apple, really. It looks like there is no loss with them.

Online Adami

I agree. Go invest in apple. Unfortunatly with so many people investing in apple, your stock won't raise a whole lot, but I doubt you'll lose much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
I remember I had seen something related on the idea of investing in Apple. Check this out, it's really interesting and mind fucking:

What if I had bought Apple stock instead?

Currently, Apple's stock is at an all time high. A share today is worth over 40 times its value seven years ago. So, how much would you have today if you purchased stock instead of an Apple product? See for yourself in the table below. A huge thanks to everymac.com for the original prices and release dates. All values are calculated using Apple's current stock price according to https://brivierestockquotes.appspot.com.

I have also released the data set behind the calculations, which include Apple's stock price since 1997 as well as almost all Apple products released since 1997. Code at www.github.com/derferman/apple-stock

Big thanks to gojomo at https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1291809 for the idea

UPDATE: It appears that my original numbers were correct, as the stock price used was the "adjusted close" price, which takes into account Apple's stock splits over the years. Thanks to all the people who sent email concerning the error.

Here you can look at an incredibly detailed chart that will make you wish you have sold all your belongings in 1997

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Thanks for posting the same image a second time on the same page.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
He just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
Thanks emindead.

Online Adami

He just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

Missed what? Can you repost it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
I thought we had this joke before. Sorry :P

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought we had that picture before.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."