Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 220044 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #2100 on: May 06, 2022, 11:49:07 PM »
Finished up Outer Range. I really dug it. Very cool twist at the end that I’m kind of ashamed of myself for not seeing coming but it was well done.

Can and should easily be another season as it wrapped up things but also left plenty on the table…..probably more on the table than wrapping it all up.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2101 on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:54 PM »
Just finished:

Star Wars: The Bad Batch
Grace and Frankie

Loved them.

Begun:

Star Wars: Rebels
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2102 on: May 07, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Will be curious to see your thought on Rebels. I loved the series….thought it was fun and no real ‘wasted’ episodes

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2103 on: May 07, 2022, 09:24:09 PM »
Been binging a ton of shows the past few weeks.

Finished up

Killing Eve - Season 4 (final season)
Ozark - Season 4 (final season)
Pacific Rim: The Black - Season 2 (final season)
Severance - Season 1
Moon Knight - Season 1
Heaven's Gate - The Cult of Cults - Documentary mini-series
American Crime Story - Season 3: Impeachment
Jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy - Documentary mini-series
The Peacemaker - Season 1
His Dark Materials - Season 2
Marvelous Ms. Maisel - Season 4
Succession - Season 3
Mr. Robot - Series rewatch ∞

Currently watching/airing
Barry - Season 3
Atlanta - Season 3
Better Call Saul - Season 6
Gaslit - Season 1

I think I'm going to take a break after watching these shows lol.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: May 11, 2022, 01:53:03 PM »
Good News for 'UPLOAD' fans...S3 has been ordered. I'd imagine that'll be the final season but am glad to see that they get to complete the story.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/amazon-prime-video-renews-upload-180050728.html

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2105 on: May 11, 2022, 02:04:06 PM »
So... two episodes left of "This Is Us".   Man.  I can't say I was a bucket of tears or anything, it wasn't like that, but given my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about a year ago, and with my dad's declining health - he is/was her "Miguel" - I can certainly relate to a lot of what I'm watching and much of it resonates with me.  Now, even though my wife is every bit as hot as Susan Kelechi-Watson (and I only note her because she's been ON FIRE as a character these last couple episodes; they've given her all the good lines that serve to perfectly temper the emotion so it doesn't turn maudlin), I don't have the circumstances to build houses and move my family - including my baby-mama and HER new beau - across the country and form a commune in the woods, so some of it is...  not hard to swallow, but I have to overlook things in order to get to the point.

Also, watching Blacklist, and go figure, at the end of the last season I was all ready to ditch the whole thing (the implication of Red's origin was just too much for me) and yet, I stuck with it, and it's paying off.   I still want to punch Aram in the face, twice, but Spader has never been better, and the twist of a couple weeks ago really has me sitting on the edge of my seat, paying attention. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2106 on: May 12, 2022, 09:15:07 AM »
So... two episodes left of "This Is Us".   Man.  I can't say I was a bucket of tears or anything, it wasn't like that, but given my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about a year ago, and with my dad's declining health - he is/was her "Miguel" - I can certainly relate to a lot of what I'm watching and much of it resonates with me.  Now, even though my wife is every bit as hot as Susan Kelechi-Watson (and I only note her because she's been ON FIRE as a character these last couple episodes; they've given her all the good lines that serve to perfectly temper the emotion so it doesn't turn maudlin), I don't have the circumstances to build houses and move my family - including my baby-mama and HER new beau - across the country and form a commune in the woods, so some of it is...  not hard to swallow, but I have to overlook things in order to get to the point.
I am NOT looking forward to this show being over.

Parenthood was similar for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2107 on: May 12, 2022, 09:22:12 AM »
Parenthood is sooooo good. I'm rewatching it with my fiancee (her first time) and we're in the middle or so of season 5. Already prepping myself for the ending.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: May 12, 2022, 09:23:51 AM »
I never watched that, but I really like Peter Krause and I love Mae Whitman. 

Online Adami

« Reply #2109 on: May 12, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
I never watched that, but I really like Peter Krause and I love Mae Whitman.

They're all fantastic. And if you like seeing Mae Whitman cry, this is the show for you!

But don't watch it soon after This is Us. I feel like you'll naturally try to compare and end up favoring This is Us. So if you're gonna check it out, wait a while so you can see it on its own terms.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2110 on: May 12, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »
I'm a few episodes shy of finishing The Good Place for the 3rd time. Such a great show. It's one of those were you spot a million new details every time you watch it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2111 on: May 12, 2022, 09:51:31 AM »
I'm a few episodes shy of finishing The Good Place for the 3rd time. Such a great show. It's one of those were you spot a million new details every time you watch it.

I'm due for a rewatch of that.  One of the best. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2112 on: May 12, 2022, 09:55:27 AM »

I don't want to live in a world where The Good Place doesn't go down in history as one of the best series ever of recent years. Amazing stuff through and through.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2113 on: May 12, 2022, 12:21:56 PM »
Never watched it, but I can't fathom rewatching a show multiple times this soon after it originally aired.

Different strokes.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2114 on: May 12, 2022, 12:24:54 PM »
Never watched it, but I can't fathom rewatching a show multiple times this soon after it originally aired.

Different strokes.

1) It's that good.
2) It only come out to watching it once per year, and there are less than 60 22ish minute episodes. You can binge the whole show in a weekend if you were dedicated. It's been one of my "in bed go-to" shows now that Parks and The Office are off Netflix.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2115 on: May 12, 2022, 12:41:48 PM »

Different strokes.

You obviously don't know me  ;D

Even though most hated it I still watch Game of Thrones and when season 8 ended I watched that a few times. When it came out on blu-ray I watched the whole series again. Same with Mr. Robot I watched it I think at least 8 times after it ended.

I've watched the Good Place also about 3 times. I agree with Chino, it's a great comfort show along the lines of Parks and Rec, which reminds me I need to pick the box-set sometime soon.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2116 on: May 12, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »

Different strokes.

You obviously don't know me  ;D

Even though most hated it I still watch Game of Thrones and when season 8 ended I watched that a few times. When it came out on blu-ray I watched the whole series again. Same with Mr. Robot I watched it I think at least 8 times after it ended.

I've watched the Good Place also about 3 times. I agree with Chino, it's a great comfort show along the lines of Parks and Rec, which reminds me I need to pick the box-set sometime soon.

Hats off to Michael Schur. How someone can write so much and give us Parks, The Office, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place, Master of None, etc.. is just incredible.

I like how he gives himself little cameos in the shows too:

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #2117 on: May 12, 2022, 01:37:25 PM »
Will be curious to see your thought on Rebels. I loved the series….thought it was fun and no real ‘wasted’ episodes

Watched just 5 episodes so far. I like it. There's so much ahead...
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2118 on: May 12, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »

Different strokes.

Willis just gets better and better with every re-watch.

:biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2119 on: May 12, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »

Watched just 5 episodes so far. I like it. There's so much ahead...

There is quite a bit of really cool stuff to come....some interesting storylines and character development that from what I hear.....will be essential knowledge and central to the 'Ahsoka' series on Disney plus. Maybe not 'essential' knowledge but hearing some of the casting choices and characters that will be in the show I think it'd be better to be familiar with Rebels than not in order to fully enjoy it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2120 on: May 13, 2022, 11:16:28 AM »

Different strokes.

Willis just gets better and better with every re-watch.

:biggrin:
;D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2121 on: May 15, 2022, 05:24:03 PM »
For anyone that liked Kids in the Hall back in the day, Amazon just revived the show and released a new season

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2122 on: May 16, 2022, 08:15:21 AM »
Started Bosch: Legacy on FreeVee (formerly IMDB).  Good stuff.

Also started The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix, so apparently it's Michael Connelly month.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2123 on: May 16, 2022, 10:24:54 AM »
I've been rewatching Mad About You.

I'm early in season 5 (shortly after Jamie got pregnant).  It's really weird revisiting something that was, for my wife and me, an important part of our personal pop culture early in our relationship.  On a couple of occasions, there was a very clear sense of..."oh...that's where we got that."  Also lots of things I completely forgot.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2124 on: May 18, 2022, 06:54:09 AM »
Oh, we are also watching The Offer on Paramount +, about how the film The Godfather got made.  Fun stuff.

Last night's episode of This Is Us was tough.  Only one more now.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2125 on: May 18, 2022, 07:26:00 AM »
Oh, we are also watching The Offer on Paramount +, about how the film The Godfather got made.  Fun stuff.

Last night's episode of This Is Us was tough.  Only one more now.

So...  yeah.

And there's this:  I found out Monday afternoon that my dad's lymphoma has returned and he's got "diffused metastasis", which basically means it's spread to all his organs and he's got limited time.  I had to tell him that news yesterday morning; hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life.  So, since he's sort of "Jack" and "Miguel" rolled into one (they've been marred 57 years, and mom has Alzheimer's) there are a LOT of parallels here rolling out in real time.  Mom doesn't watch "This Is Us", but go figure; we were talking about my dad and any treatment he may have (there really isn't any that won't be worse than the disease) and mom says to me and my brother, "we don't want you giving up your lives for us. You have kids and wives (me) and girlfriends (my brother) and you need to take care of them".   Except not so eloquent.  In concept almost exactly Rebecca's "don't make your lives small for me" speech.  I love my mom, but she's not really an intellectual like that, so for her to say that...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2126 on: May 19, 2022, 08:40:28 AM »
 :heart

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2127 on: May 20, 2022, 08:02:39 AM »
Just finished the second season of The Righteous Gemstones for the second time. That show is such a gem.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2128 on: May 20, 2022, 08:46:46 AM »
Parenthood is sooooo good. I'm rewatching it with my fiancee (her first time) and we're in the middle or so of season 5. Already prepping myself for the ending.

So I'm apartment-sitting for one of my kids and thanks to this thread, I started rewatching Parenthood and man I forgot how great it is.  Especially the story line with Max and his parents learning about his ASD.  The cast is just perfect.  I'm getting so much more out of it this time around.

For a long time, I've tried to find a way to rewatch a show called Brothers and Sisters that struck a lot of the same chords for me as Parenthood but I'm not willing to shell out money for it.  I think it's free on Roku but I don't have that.  Stellar cast on that one too.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2129 on: May 20, 2022, 09:59:09 AM »

I don't want to live in a world where The Good Place doesn't go down in history as one of the best series ever of recent years. Amazing stuff through and through.

Just want to pile on the love for The Good Place. It is one of the greatest shows ever. Do yourself a favor and get the Blu-ray box. Almost every episode is extended.

Anyway, just finished Season 2 of Made For Love on HBO Max. Really love this show and I really have a thing for a foul-mouthed Cristin Milioti.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2130 on: May 22, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »
Finished up Outer Range. I really dug it. Very cool twist at the end that I’m kind of ashamed of myself for not seeing coming but it was well done.

Can and should easily be another season as it wrapped up things but also left plenty on the table…..probably more on the table than wrapping it all up.

Just started this one on a friend's recommendation, seems excellent

Online Adami

« Reply #2131 on: May 22, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »
Finished Severance.

Fantastic show with some really good questions being posed. This is a rare show that really stirs up interesting convos.

Not fond of ending it that way. Hopefully second season is good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: May 22, 2022, 02:02:07 PM »
Finished Severance.

Fantastic show with some really good questions being posed. This is a rare show that really stirs up interesting convos.

Not fond of ending it that way. Hopefully second season is good.

They did us wrong with that ending…..I’m sure they knew there’d be a S2 when they did that but man…..that’s a cliffhanger of all cliffhangers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2133 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »
Man.  Season 2 of Law & Order: Organized Crime was fantastic. Christopher Meloni is an excellent actor and Denis Leary is fantastic as a guy that lives in the gray.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2134 on: May 23, 2022, 04:34:33 AM »
Coming back to this quite late, but I just finished up Reacher last night.  The first 7 episodes were most excellent.  jingle.son summed up the finale perfectly though ... "It was like watching a boss battle from Uncharted".  :lol  That episode was far too rushed, and filled with way too many  ::) moments.  Still an excellent series, and I'm looking forward to S2.

I think it would've been perfect if, when asked whether the peach pie was "worth the wait", he just answered "no".  A direct answer would've been more in character than the more obtuse "I've had better" joke.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion