Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 222844 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #3570 on: March 06, 2024, 09:28:46 AM »
Totally agree on both points.  I'm 100% laughing AT the people in 90 Day FIance.  And like the Love is Blind show, a lot of these people go into it for the "fame" which kind of ruins the show, but WOW do they really have no shame for fame.  I do feel bad for a lot of these people, but I get a lot of legit lols watching it that it's become very entertaining for me.

The finals would have worked better as like a 2 hour episode or something. Cut the fluff, no one cares.  And yeah, most of those people come off as unlikeable, but there were a couple I started rooting for, like the older technology guy.  I was rooting for him hard, but I guess it's part of the game, that if you are good at it, you won't last long because people go after you and eventually you'll stumble on that one picture like you said.

Fell asleep watching the final episode of The Finals.  Didn't care to rewind and see what happened  :rollin

Haha!

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #3571 on: March 06, 2024, 08:24:36 PM »
Rewatching Better Call Saul.  Great series

Also watching Resident Alien
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline glassprisoner

« Reply #3572 on: March 06, 2024, 08:31:25 PM »

Turned off the TV years ago. When I still watched TV Better call Saul was my go to. Better then Breaking Bad, IMO.

There was also a one season series called "Flaked". Kinda got into that.

Now days, just You Tube videos of Anthony Marinelli and other synth nerd stuff. And the reaction videos. I like the Charasmatic Voice, too. A little Beato here and there.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:13:57 PM by glassprisoner »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3573 on: March 06, 2024, 08:52:11 PM »
Rewatching Better Call Saul.  Great series

Indeed it is. Every bit as good....and for me....better....than BB.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3574 on: March 07, 2024, 08:01:29 PM »
Edited! I'm totally shot Hef! I thought I was posting in currently listening thread. But I am watching Hightown.  :lol
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 12:48:29 PM by Glasser »

Offline The Realm

« Reply #3575 on: March 07, 2024, 08:56:25 PM »
Sure is. Not sure how good a tv show it is though???

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3576 on: March 08, 2024, 06:14:35 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3577 on: March 08, 2024, 07:20:40 AM »
Piranha 3D obviously.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3578 on: March 08, 2024, 09:43:11 AM »
Started watching 'Tulsa King' with Stalone.....not bad....fun watch.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3579 on: March 08, 2024, 09:50:49 AM »
I enjoyed it.  Certainly nothing very deep, but mostly fun.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3580 on: March 08, 2024, 10:09:11 AM »
I enjoyed it.  Certainly nothing very deep, but mostly fun.

Nope, but it is a fun watch. They do their job....at the end of an episode I want to watch the next one  :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3581 on: March 08, 2024, 11:42:51 AM »
We finished "The Act" last night. 8 episodes and your done. I love that!

It's based on a true story about a mom who uses her daughter to (who is handicapped) to gain housing money and what not.

There is some fantastic acting in this.  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3582 on: March 08, 2024, 12:12:02 PM »
We finished Love is Blind on Netflix last night, what a shit show of a season  :lol Shockingly though, one couple got married although they seemed legit to like each other the entire show.  Looking forward to next week's reunion to see if they are still together (I'd bet they would be) or if there's any other drama between the failed relationships because there was a lot already  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3583 on: March 08, 2024, 12:31:19 PM »
We finished Love is Blind on Netflix last night, what a shit show of a season  :lol Shockingly though, one couple got married although they seemed legit to like each other the entire show.  Looking forward to next week's reunion to see if they are still together (I'd bet they would be) or if there's any other drama between the failed relationships because there was a lot already  :lol

I've watched a little bit of that.  There was one guy that was choosing between two women, and claiming that "looks used to matter, but this is my soul mate" and I'm looking at both and thinking... he's going to regret this choice.  Sure enough, not long after the reveal, he's stalking the other woman's Instagram or Facebook or whatever and things start going south with the chosen girl.  (The chosen girl was cute, but a little immature, and the other girl was Elite model hot).

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3584 on: March 08, 2024, 12:50:23 PM »
Excellent album!  :metal

Ummm...

Yup, my brain is finally melting from 23 years of Klonopin. Thought this was currently listening thread.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3585 on: March 08, 2024, 12:51:09 PM »

I've watched a little bit of that.  There was one guy that was choosing between two women, and claiming that "looks used to matter, but this is my soul mate" and I'm looking at both and thinking... he's going to regret this choice.  Sure enough, not long after the reveal, he's stalking the other woman's Instagram or Facebook or whatever and things start going south with the chosen girl.  (The chosen girl was cute, but a little immature, and the other girl was Elite model hot).

Oh yeah, that relationship was one of the more entertaining ones.  That guy chose wrong and that girl was also a disaster  :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3586 on: March 08, 2024, 12:52:59 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3587 on: March 10, 2024, 07:09:57 PM »
Did a re-watch of The Bear this week, and I think it was a thousand times better the second go round. I think I was so consumed by how targeted it was towards me that I couldn't really absorb it fully. Knowing what was coming, I could really take the journey the show meant for me, and it was fantastic.

I think the core message I picked up was that relationship between food, service, and love, that they handle so damn deftly. The episode with Richie and the forks was just so perfectly handled, and really exemplifies why we do this job.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3588 on: March 12, 2024, 06:31:26 AM »
Been watching Good Omens, enjoying it so far
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3589 on: March 12, 2024, 03:10:33 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

This season has been off the rails funny!  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3590 on: March 13, 2024, 09:05:57 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Yeah, after the first couple episodes, this season really turned around and has been hilarious.  I also just bought my mom Susie's new outfit, if you go to the website on the billboard (oh the billboard  :lol :lol :lol :lol ) it takes you to the HBO shop where you can buy it.  My mom LOVES Susie so it'll make for a mothers day gift.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3591 on: March 13, 2024, 02:15:42 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Yeah, after the first couple episodes, this season really turned around and has been hilarious.  I also just bought my mom Susie's new outfit, if you go to the website on the billboard (oh the billboard  :lol :lol :lol :lol ) it takes you to the HBO shop where you can buy it.  My mom LOVES Susie so it'll make for a mothers day gift.

When she starts yelling, Susie is probably my favorite character on the show.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3592 on: March 13, 2024, 09:10:41 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Stadler, I agree with you a million times over! When she calls Larry a Four-eyed fuck and tells him to get the fuck out!!!  :rollin

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3593 on: March 14, 2024, 05:59:05 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Stadler, I agree with you a million times over! When she calls Larry a Four-eyed fuck and tells him to get the fuck out!!!  :rollin

Completely agree :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3594 on: March 18, 2024, 04:18:08 AM »
Bye bye Netflix, now I switched over to DisneyPlus, mainly due to a promo that gives you three months at 2 euros each with commercials in the shows. They're not intrusive, once per episode and that's it.

My starting lineup:

Only Murders in the Building Season 3
Reservoir Dogs Season 3 (pleasant surprise, I thought it was over after season 2)
Percy Jackson

This also gives me the chance to eventually watch Loki and Ashoka (or whatever the spelling is). And of course, Poor Creatures and Taylor Swift's tour!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3595 on: March 18, 2024, 08:04:51 AM »
Watched a couple of episodes of Curb last night; very good, not beyond reproach.  This season does have a bit of a whiff of victory lap, and this is not the kind of show that really lends itself to that kind of sentiment. 

(Noted that in the "Disgruntled" episode, one of the other "disgruntled" golfers was Adam Schiff.   Not THAT Adam Schiff, but AN Adam Schiff.)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3596 on: March 18, 2024, 10:00:19 AM »
Watched a couple of episodes of Curb last night; very good, not beyond reproach.  This season does have a bit of a whiff of victory lap, and this is not the kind of show that really lends itself to that kind of sentiment. 

Yeah.....there's way too many references and flat out rips offs of jokes from either this shows past seasons or just different takes from something that happened on Seinfeld. (the 'take my eggs'....I'll take your pancake was just the 'god bless you' schtick from Seinfeld) I really like 'Curb'....it's been a fun show to watch over the years....but it's apparent the jig is up with it. Probably a smart idea for this to be the last season cuz it's been very hit and miss for me.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3597 on: March 18, 2024, 10:56:35 AM »
On Roku we have found a fun mid-1950s Sherlock Holmes series that kind of plays out like a classic "2 Minute Mysteries" format. Episodes are 25 minutes. They guy playing Sherlock is Ronald Howard (tee hee). There are only 39 total episodes but most have been pretty entertaining (with some unfortunate over-acting with the peripheral actors).

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3598 on: March 18, 2024, 04:12:30 PM »

(Noted that in the "Disgruntled" episode, one of the other "disgruntled" golfers was Adam Schiff.   Not THAT Adam Schiff, but AN Adam Schiff.)

Did you see the episode with Susie's billboard?  :rollin

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3599 on: March 19, 2024, 08:09:15 AM »

Did you see the episode with Susie's billboard?  :rollin

Just watched it last night.  That part was hilarious.   Sort of done with Leon (though I love JB Smoove, his schtick is good in small doses), and I don't like Ike Barenholtz, so that whole plot line was lame-o. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3600 on: March 19, 2024, 08:51:29 AM »
Leon has mostly just been inserted for a couple jokes and has not been part of the plot this season, making him kind of poiintless and I get the feeling he's only there just to end the show since he's been there.  There's like no plot point for anything to do with him being there. 

I caught up and loved the dream scheme  :lol and while there's A LOT of repeat jokes/scenes this season from previous, they still mostly have me laughing so I'm mostly OK with it.  The season just started with 2 poor episodes and since then, it's mostly been spot on top notch Curb for me.  GOing to be sad when its over soon, but it has run its course.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3601 on: March 19, 2024, 09:45:41 AM »
Weekend television set with the release of Three Body Problem dropping on Netflix Thursday.  :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3602 on: March 19, 2024, 10:24:32 AM »
Masters of the Air

Both are great so far!

Ehhh....it's not been bad, I will say that. Jury is still out for me as to if it's 'great'. I am having an issue with the casting and overall tone of the show. One of the best aspects of Band of Brothers was the grittiness and 'realistic' feel of the show. MOTA is suffering from this being way to 'clean' looking and it just doesn't ring all that true to me. I don't hate it.....but not all in on it either.

Finished 'Masters of the Air'. All in All it was good, it got better as the episodes progressed. I still think it was too refined for a WWII show as far as the 'look'.....I get why they had to CGI a large portion of the air shots....but, what bummed me out was that it wasn't until the credits that you learned the characters were based off of real life people. Would have liked to have known that while watching the series.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3603 on: March 19, 2024, 10:25:47 AM »
'Constellation' on Apple TV. Very trippy....after three episodes you can start to see what's going on (I think) but it's still pretty creepy/trippy.

This show has been really good. Highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of Sci-fi and mystery/thriller. Really cool concept and some trippy scenarios.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3604 on: March 20, 2024, 07:14:27 AM »
Special Ops: Lioness.

I really liked this show on Paramount+.