Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 26249 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2023, 01:29:43 PM »
Anybody deal with rebound irritability and if so do you have any tips to deal with it?

I have cbd which chills it out, but i’m just curious if anybody else deal with it too.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2023, 01:54:51 PM »
What is rebound irritability?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2023, 04:37:02 PM »
When you stop using marijuana and are more irritable then usual

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2023, 03:48:39 AM »
When you stop using marijuana and are more irritable then usual

I thought this was a common withdrawal symptom. Something I fully expect to experience this and next week. Along with a struggle to sleep which will probably add to the irritability.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2023, 09:39:09 AM »
I've definitely experienced bouts of insomnia when trying to stop weed cold turkey.  And that would DEFINITELY make me quite irritable.  The good news is that it only lasted about a week.  YMMV

Ok, so I've been very careful to dip my toe back into using weed since my green out episode.  And if I have a drink, no weed at all.  I'm using my pax and it has been ok.

Last night I was out with friends and had one 12 oz beer (empty stomach but we ordered food).  A friend had an edible gummy, very low dose of 4 mg.  I think typically gummies are 10 mg.  So she offered to split one with me because I just wanted a low buzz and I wasn't going to have any more alcohol and eat my dinner.  Dinner arrived just prior to the gummy kicking in.  I ate about 1/4 of my taco salad and all of a sudden started to feel like the worse motion sickness.  It totally ruined my night.  I slept ok but even this morning I still feel a little nauseated and light headed.

My friend says it is probably because I'm not used to edibles and it is a very different high.  I know in the past when I've tried edible form, I have not enjoyed the hypersensitivity of my skin - lots of goose bumps and feeling like the hairs on my arms and scalp are standing up.  But last night wasn't really like that.  It was definitely like motion sickness.

I'm wondering since I've lost 25 pounds in the last 7 months if my weight loss has to do with my tolerance level?  I've done some looking around online and haven't found anything that address that.  Anyone have any thoughts?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2023, 10:08:58 AM »
I've definitely experienced bouts of insomnia when trying to stop weed cold turkey.  And that would DEFINITELY make me quite irritable.  The good news is that it only lasted about a week.  YMMV

Ok, so I've been very careful to dip my toe back into using weed since my green out episode.  And if I have a drink, no weed at all.  I'm using my pax and it has been ok.

Last night I was out with friends and had one 12 oz beer (empty stomach but we ordered food).  A friend had an edible gummy, very low dose of 4 mg.  I think typically gummies are 10 mg.  So she offered to split one with me because I just wanted a low buzz and I wasn't going to have any more alcohol and eat my dinner.  Dinner arrived just prior to the gummy kicking in.  I ate about 1/4 of my taco salad and all of a sudden started to feel like the worse motion sickness.  It totally ruined my night.  I slept ok but even this morning I still feel a little nauseated and light headed.

My friend says it is probably because I'm not used to edibles and it is a very different high.  I know in the past when I've tried edible form, I have not enjoyed the hypersensitivity of my skin - lots of goose bumps and feeling like the hairs on my arms and scalp are standing up.  But last night wasn't really like that.  It was definitely like motion sickness.

I'm wondering since I've lost 25 pounds in the last 7 months if my weight loss has to do with my tolerance level?  I've done some looking around online and haven't found anything that address that.  Anyone have any thoughts?
Edibles really are a whole different breed of animal. From what you've said it sounds like you've been smoking without drinking and haven't had a problem.

Out of curiosity, did you even get high from half a 4mg edible? That's such a minute amount I wouldn't assume it was really much of a factor.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2023, 10:11:56 AM »

Edibles really are a whole different breed of animal. From what you've said it sounds like you've been smoking without drinking and haven't had a problem.

Out of curiosity, did you even get high from half a 4mg edible? That's such a minute amount I wouldn't assume it was really much of a factor.

That's what everyone kept scratching their head over.  I did feel "high" but not in the normal fun way.  As the spinning/nausea part wore off, it was more like what I'm used to but I don't think I will be doing any edibles anytime soon.  Funny thing is the woman who split the gummy with me can't smoke weed because it is too powerful for her and yet she takes a gummy almost every night (4 mg) for sleep.  I was sure that 2 mg was barely going to effect me.  Might be the combo of the beer and the gummy on an empty stomach.  IDK

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2023, 10:16:34 AM »

That's what everyone kept scratching their head over.  I did feel "high" but not in the normal fun way.  As the spinning/nausea part wore off, it was more like what I'm used to but I don't think I will be doing any edibles anytime soon.  Funny thing is the woman who split the gummy with me can't smoke weed because it is too powerful for her and yet she takes a gummy almost every night (4 mg) for sleep.  I was sure that 2 mg was barely going to effect me.  Might be the combo of the beer and the gummy on an empty stomach.  IDK
Or it could be something completely unrelated.

Motion sickness certainly sounds like the spins, but I just can't see it happening with one beer and a 2mg gummy. In any case, I avoid edibles like the plague, so I'd certainly agree with not doing them anymore.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2023, 10:34:20 AM »
You know the other thing that could be a contributing factor is that we were listening to live music and it felt like the vibration from the speakers was bothering me.  I thought maybe it was being hypersensitive because of the gummy but maybe I've got something going on with my inner ear.  I've always been someone extremely prone to motion sickness and it gets worse as the years go on.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2023, 10:43:56 AM »
You know the other thing that could be a contributing factor is that we were listening to live music and it felt like the vibration from the speakers was bothering me.  I thought maybe it was being hypersensitive because of the gummy but maybe I've got something going on with my inner ear. I've always been someone extremely prone to motion sickness and it gets worse as the years go on.
Yeah, now we might be on to something.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2023, 10:48:58 AM »
I think it largely depends on the edible. If its an edible from a dispensary then the limit in some states is 10mg per edible, it's d8 edible that will be about a 30mg. It's entirely possible you got the spins from it. Source: my pantry looks like Willy Wonka's edible shop

For nights where I've wanted to forget how to stand up I've recently been trying these 100mg death by gummy bears, highly recommend :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2023, 10:55:25 AM »
I'm shocked about 2mg had any effect honestly.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2023, 11:29:37 AM »
I can feel 2mg if I'm coming off of like a month long break, but most of the time it's too small of a dose for regular use. I build up a tolerance to that pretty quickly. I try to dose around 5mg until my tolerance has me taking 10mg. Then I'll take a short break. I don't want to have to take more than 10mg every time otherwise it'll start to get too expensive.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2023, 12:02:08 PM »
Tell me about it ... as someone who consumes 100mg for an edible.

I got my gfs mom some sleeping marijuana pills, they are 4mg, 2thc and 2cbd. She doesn't feel a thing but has stated it helps her sleep. She used them all and I can't get the same product in NJ so she tried a 5mg gummy standard indica. She said she can slightly feel something so she doesn't like it.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2023, 01:12:26 PM »
2mg is basically nothing haha. My standard dose is half an 80mg chocolate, so 40 +/- 10 or so depending how uneven my bite is. For me, anything less than 25mg is a waste of money.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2023, 03:42:20 PM »
Well, since I'm still feeling less than 100%, I took a Covid test just to be sure (negative) and as the day is moving forward, I'm feeling better.  But the mere fact that I still felt like shit (even after a good night's sleep) is definitely moving me away from the notion my symptoms were from the gummy, especially at that low of a dose.

Might be time to visit the ENT and see if there is something going on with my inner ear.  It's weird because about a year ago, my NP sent me to an ENT because she said something look unusual about my ear drum.  The ENT said everything looked fine with an exam but I never had any further testing.  I have noticed what I thought was normal functional hearing loss of age (thank you Walkman and decades of concerts that left my ears ringing!) but maybe there is a connection.  I'm feeling relieved it wasn't the THC.

Though TBH, I don't think I will be taking edibles ever again.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2023, 07:01:22 PM »
If i don’t have to go anywhere, then 20mg edibles knock me on my ass very nicely. They go right up to the point of couch lock, but if the place caught fire i could probably still stumble my way out.

If i do have to be somewhere later then 10mg is perfect.

Hat’s off to everyone that can do the bigger doses. The most i ever did was 40mg and it felt like a jackhammer was pounding on my head. Live and learn.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2023, 07:22:42 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2023, 07:44:16 AM »
:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2023, 07:45:59 PM »
Hat’s off to everyone that can do the bigger doses. The most i ever did was 40mg and it felt like a jackhammer was pounding on my head. Live and learn.

I take no pride in it  :lol I wish I had a much lower tolerance.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2023, 07:50:50 PM »
I feel like I've developed a tolerance but it sort of plateaued. The gummies don't hit as hard without a bigger dose but I don't feel like I need to keep increasing my doses.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2023, 07:55:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmNXt8TPzsh/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

"what are you running from?"  :lol

That's hilarious and the answer is life. At least that's what I'm running from  :lol

I've literally walked past the window before after taking a therapeutic edible dose and said "bye bye world" while waving.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2023, 08:31:33 PM »
I feel like I've developed a tolerance but it sort of plateaued. The gummies don't hit as hard without a bigger dose but I don't feel like I need to keep increasing my doses.

I'm hoping I've plateaued.  Ive been at the 100mg threshold for years now. But I've been eating my home made cookies with a lot more regularity over the last 6 months which I expected to increase my tolerance but so far doesn't seem to have.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2023, 08:42:31 PM »
How often do you smoke/eat?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2023, 08:47:51 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmNXt8TPzsh/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

"what are you running from?"  :lol

That's hilarious and the answer is life. At least that's what I'm running from  :lol

I've literally walked past the window before after taking a therapeutic edible dose and said "bye bye world" while waving.

We have a saying in AA... I drink for the blackout. Similar philosophy applies here it seems.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2023, 09:14:13 PM »
How often do you smoke/eat?

I'm a daily user, and do the edibles maybe once or twice a week now. (Veg nights on the couch watching our shows with my gf are my go to edible nights)

Having said that, I'm almost 2 full days in of nothing. (which I'm sure sounds like nothing, but it's probably been about 7 years since I had gone even a single day without a smoke/vape/edible)  Singapore is very strict with drugs so I didn't bring any with me (like I normally would for travel).  I think the natural tiredness of travel and jet lag has been effecting me moreso than marijuana withdrawal for now.  Having said that, I definitely could have snuck my vape pen in.  No one asked me a single question coming into the country, but yeah, it's probably not worth it. There's a big part of me that's all for the 12 days of marijuana soberness just to see how my body reacts.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2023, 10:34:46 PM »
I'm sure it'll be good to reset too.

Personally I do edibles about 4 days a week now but I'll take a month off here and there, and yea, probably not best to fuck around bringing drugs to another country :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2023, 05:26:17 AM »
I must say that 4 days in of no weed and I'm starting to feel the pain of not being able to sleep well. Sucks because I'm so damn tired too. I'd imagine it'll wear off soon enough, but I haven't been too irritable which is good for my coworkers sake.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #343 on: March 07, 2023, 05:32:09 AM »
I must say that 4 days in of no weed and I'm starting to feel the pain of not being able to sleep well. Sucks because I'm so damn tired too. I'd imagine it'll wear off soon enough, but I haven't been too irritable which is good for my coworkers sake.

Eh, it's better than ending up like Griner. Keep us posted, curious to see the withdrawal process... For science!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2023, 07:50:31 AM »

Eh, it's better than ending up like Griner. Keep us posted, curious to see the withdrawal process... For science!!

Well I'm not in Russia! But yeah, they do take it seriously here.  But honestly, it's not so bad.  More mental than anything else because I often feel like "this would be so much better if I smoked"  :lol (like before I ate dinner tonight) but compared to my understanding of alcohol withdrawal, this is nothing.  Or even nicotine.  It almost kind of re-affirms my beliefs that marijuana really isn't a bad drug at all if this is the effect of stopping cold turkey after years of continuous use. One more week!  Not that it really relates either, but I also haven't had any alcohol, so I haven't replaced one drug for another drug. I really just don't get how Alcohol is the acceptable drug and not marijuana. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2023, 08:47:41 AM »

Well I'm not in Russia! But yeah, they do take it seriously here.  But honestly, it's not so bad.  More mental than anything else because I often feel like "this would be so much better if I smoked"  :lol (like before I ate dinner tonight) but compared to my understanding of alcohol withdrawal, this is nothing.  Or even nicotine.  It almost kind of re-affirms my beliefs that marijuana really isn't a bad drug at all if this is the effect of stopping cold turkey after years of continuous use. One more week!  Not that it really relates either, but I also haven't had any alcohol, so I haven't replaced one drug for another drug. I really just don't get how Alcohol is the acceptable drug and not marijuana.

Have you ever tried visiting Singapore..... On weed....

:rollin

I hear you though, weed has so little physical addictive properties, but the mental side is certainly no joke.

Definitely not like my alcohol withdrawal that had me in the ICU for ten days and almost killed me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »
I also don't get why alcohol is acceptable and never will. Its amazing what happens when politicians, teachers and police push "reefer madness" for decades all while never giving an honest assessment of alcohol and letting it be constantly advertised on TV commercials, movies and sporting events.

With cold turkey from alcohol, you can seize and die and with prolonged use your liver will slowly be destroyed until you also die.

Not one day goes by where there isn't someone with an alcohol related issue in my emergency room. I've seen someone coming in who overdid it on weed ONE single time in 10 years and they literally just gave him a Xanax and let him ride it out. He had no physical harm.

Weed on the other hand might as well be water, but people still look at me as some drug user because of very uninformed stigma that still follows it around.

In other news though, I am trying to cut back a little. That one day the irritability was just beyond acceptable. I'm very irritable at baseline, so adding on withdrawal effects was making it unbearable. I'll never give up my beloved Mary Jane, but I'm going to lean on CBD a little more going forward.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2023, 08:56:39 AM »
Reefer madness wasn't against weed... It was against the counterculture and the Civil rights movement. It was used to paint those sects of society as degenerative while showing the threat to "good Jesus loving white people" that just one hit of weed could turn you into a sex crazed hippie. Another slice of genius marketing from the conservative side.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2023, 11:35:50 AM »
Reefer madness wasn't against weed... It was against the counterculture and the Civil rights movement. It was used to paint those sects of society as degenerative while showing the threat to "good Jesus loving white people" that just one hit of weed could turn you into a sex crazed hippie. Another slice of genius marketing from the conservative side.

Pretty much sums it up.

Alcohol is essentially nothing more than poison. While I don't completely abstain, I can count on one hand how many drinks I have in a typical year. Up here in Canada we just revised the alcohol recommendations to no more than 2 drinks per week. Holy shit were people upset by this lol. Ans still, like the US, booze commercials run constantly (along with sports betting now that online gambling is legal in Canada), yet you can't advertise cannabis. Wild times we live in.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

Pretty much sums it up.

Alcohol is essentially nothing more than poison. While I don't completely abstain, I can count on one hand how many drinks I have in a typical year. Up here in Canada we just revised the alcohol recommendations to no more than 2 drinks per week. Holy shit were people upset by this lol. Ans still, like the US, booze commercials run constantly (along with sports betting now that online gambling is legal in Canada), yet you can't advertise cannabis. Wild times we live in.

Yup....the top two carcinogens for people are cigs and booze. I can't begin to count the amount of older people in AA that end up dying from either pancreatic/liver/throat cancer, it's pretty much every one of them. Yet dipshits like food babe will demean whatever poison of the day she's chosen while every other pic she has a glass of wine in her hand. Thank fucking god she's fallen off the radar.