Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
9 (2.6%)
Eagles - In the City
10 (2.9%)
Eagles - Seven Bridges Road
5 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: February 20, 2024, 08:03:38 PM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these songs by Eagles  (Read 5734 times)

Online HOF

Re: Your favorites of these songs by Eagles
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2024, 11:13:00 AM »
Boys of Summer is great. End of the Innocence is my favorite by him. I also really like the duet with Patty Smyth, Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough.

Online HOF

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2024, 11:45:14 AM »
Piping in backing vocals is not too concerning to me. Of course I would prefer if everything I hear was played live but....
Piping in lead vocals though.... that is way beyond the line

On another note. I see I have voted but not commented before.
I am a casual fan of Eagles. I  like some and love some. However I absolutely adore some of Don Henley's solo work.
One of my all time favorit songs is by him and to my dismay I see it has only got 12 votes.
Where is the love for New York Minute? Can't be just me who adore it totally, can it?

Had been a while since I heard New York Minute. Just did, and it is a really nice song.

Online HOF

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2024, 08:22:08 PM »
Listening to some more Henley solo stuff tonight, and I think Sunset Grill deserves some love. What a proggy little song.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2024, 08:28:52 PM »
Boys of Summer is great. End of the Innocence is my favorite by him. I also really like the duet with Patty Smyth, Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough.

In 1993 my friend met a girl who lived in S. Dakota via Prodigy(!). My family didn't even have a computer at that point, so I had no idea how one could use one to communicate via the phone network with someone 1k miles away. After months of talking online his dad offered to drive him there so they could meet in person. They had a long distance thing going for a while, then decided it just wasn't going to work out. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough became "their song" and even today that song makes me think of that.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online HOF

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2024, 09:00:18 PM »
In 1993 my friend met a girl who lived in S. Dakota via Prodigy(!). My family didn't even have a computer at that point, so I had no idea how one could use one to communicate via the phone network with someone 1k miles away. After months of talking online his dad offered to drive him there so they could meet in person. They had a long distance thing going for a while, then decided it just wasn't going to work out. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough became "their song" and even today that song makes me think of that.

Heh, when it's late at night and you're all alone because you live a thousand miles apart, love just ain't enough.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2024, 09:03:05 PM »
Listening to some more Henley solo stuff tonight, and I think Sunset Grill deserves some love. What a proggy little song.

That one's my favorite.  Great synth work, with the huge brass/string choir, and the trombone solo that's obviously a keyboard synth emulating a trombone.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2024, 09:20:13 PM »
Heh, when it's late at night and you're all alone because you live a thousand miles apart, love just ain't enough.

Definitely, and while the lyrics did fit their relationship, the rest of us just couldn't figure out why he was so emotionally attached to someone so far away as a junior in high school.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2024, 09:29:37 AM »
Sunset Grill is really good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.