Author Topic: Your Own Personal Mount Rushmore Of Drummers!  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your Own Personal Mount Rushmore Of Drummers!
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »

Tre Cool - Green Day
YES YES YES!

He's a regular at my restaurant. /bragging

It hasn't came up in a long time here cause I have been the only Green Day fan here for a while but I really like Tre Cool too, he was so nice to me and my wife letting us into the Foxboro Hottubs concert in Austin in 2008 even though we didn't have tickets just cause we're Egyptian  :lol

And @lonestar I envy you to no ends man, how often does he visit?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
When he's not touring or something, monthly.  He lives very close by.  They must be touring or recording right now cause I haven't seen him in a while, but I know he was supposed to get married too, don't know if that went through or not.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
Yeah they're finally in the studio recording now, been there for about a month and expected to be done soon. (They don't write in the studio)
Man, being in California has it's perks even if it's expensive over there.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline tofee35

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
I really don't get this whole Tre Cool nonsense. He's a fun a dude and all that, but when it comes to drumming he doesn't really bring anything exceptional to the table.

He's a very exceptional punk rock drummer. If you look at chops, he's average, but his delivery is second to none. He's got that raw, fast, powerful delivery and he's always right in the pocket. He's got that pop and full tonal quality with the way he hits the drums. I've studied his playing for awhile. His writing is very specific and well thought out from album to album. He's not just playing a straight beat with the same fill at the end of every verse and chorus. The way he phrases his fills, and the hierarchy or progression of presenting straight punk rock beats is perfect. Insomniac is an amazing example of this. He uses a method of creating dynamics with his hats. His fill and beat style is unique to him because of the delivery and placement. I didn't think I could say that much about punk drumming, but there it is.

Lonestar... very jealous.