Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 923336 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Did you have ebola?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Nope. It's BLOOD!!! That's what happens when you are in the front row of an Alice Cooper show during that time period.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Nope. It's BLOOD!!! That's what happens when you are in the front row of an Alice Cooper show during that time period.
No further explanation required.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
JLT news:
https://bravewords.com/features/joe-lynn-turner-working-on-secret-project-its-going-to-be-a-different-style-for-me

Which probably belongs in the wuss thread, but there's a Rata Blanca reference.

A week ago , I would've said WTF is Rata Blanca? Thanks Brent! :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I would have guessed a Gallagher show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I would've thought this:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

At least a Wasp concert.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
JLT news:
https://bravewords.com/features/joe-lynn-turner-working-on-secret-project-its-going-to-be-a-different-style-for-me

Which probably belongs in the wuss thread, but there's a Rata Blanca reference.

A week ago , I would've said WTF is Rata Blanca? Thanks Brent! :tup

JLT getting into some Melodic death metal?!?  That would be tasty.  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
God, I love JLT.

I'm going back and listening to all the pre-1987 Whitesnake albums.  Good God is there ever some good stuff to be heard.  Wow!

Offline Lowdz

God, I love JLT.

I'm going back and listening to all the pre-1987 Whitesnake albums.  Good God is there ever some good stuff to be heard.  Wow!

There is indeed. And DC's voice was awesome back then. So warm and smooth.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
God, I love JLT.

Well duh! :lol Lovehunter is more than just a great album cover. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
There's just SO much old stuff I missed out on that trying to remember all the things I should check out and actually DOING it gets overwhelming sometimes.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
God, I love JLT.

There is indeed. And DC's voice was awesome back then. So warm and smooth.

Actually, I'm an unabashed JLT fan.   LOVE the three Rainbow records with him, and - other than the lyrics, which are absolutely ABYSSMAL - I actually LIKE Slaves and Masters.   His live version of All Night Long, on the b-side of the "Can't Let You Go" 12" single, is stellar.    I don't entertain much of his solo stuff, but I love the work he's done with Blackmore a whole lot.

I've had the Live record from 1980, and got into them with "Slide It In", but I recently went back and filled in the blanks and you're not kidding.  Some good stuff.   If you're into it, try to find the UK version of Slide It In, before they added the Sykes solos and keyboard patches.   Fits in nicely with the rest of those records. 

I think Coverdale's voice is WAY underrated.  I think the vocal on the acoustic version of "Forevermore" is amazing, and the "Starkers In Tokyo", a live acoustic radio performance with just him and Adrian Vandeberg is MUST HAVE just for the version of "Don't Fade Away". 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I am currently catching up on the huge number of 2016 albums that have passed me by while focusing on roulettes.  Most of them are in the good,not great category but finally I have found one that isn't.

The Cult's new album...................fucking awful :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

God, I love JLT.

Well duh! :lol Lovehunter is more than just a great album cover. :metal

I used to have a back patch of that cover sewn into my school rucksack. One of the gorgeous older girls, a rock chick, came over to talk to me about it. The rest of my mates were jealous. Instant kudos.
Still see her around town - she sings in a band. She's old and fat now  :biggrin:
I'm old and bold.

Offline Lowdz

Nooooo. ManOwaR are calling it quits. Weird, I was listening to Sign of the Hammer this morning.

https://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=123664

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Well, you're one up on me for even posting that because I didn't even realize they had been active in the first place.  :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
here are the winners from the latest podcast I was not already familiar with.  I knew most of the highly rated songs this time around (I knew 8 of the 10 I rated 9 or higher).

Manowar - Blood of the Kings
Claudio Cordero - Outatime

Divided Multitude - Scars
Ratt - Shame Shame Shame
W.A.S.P. - The Heretic (The Lost Child)
Lord - Digital Lies
Zed Yago - Pioneer of the Storm
Taberah - For King and Country (I think you called the band 'Malpractice' at one point.  I thought i was going to have to reconfigure my Aussie translator.  :lol)

average rating for all the songs in the podcast was 8.38 which puts it firmly in the midst of the previous shows.

podcast 1: 8.44
podcast 2: 8.26
podcast 3: 8.59
podcast 4: 8.38
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
New post in the Y&T thread.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Nooooo. ManOwaR are calling it quits. Weird, I was listening to Sign of the Hammer this morning.

https://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=123664

This is going to be the manliest farewell tour of all time!!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So much tits, beer and metal for sure.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

The triple threat of awesomeness

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hath, RATT and 8.5??

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
I'm rating songs, not bands
Winger would be better!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
As I told king on FB, regarding Manowar:

There's a reason the first three letters are "m-a-n".  Manliest rock band ever.  Those are the kinda guys you drink mead out of the skulls of washed up 90's grunge frontmen with.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline Lowdz

Reminds me of seeing them on the Kings of Metal tour. We were stood outside the venue and it was snowing. We could see the tour bus and a roadie suddenly cleared the windscreen and cleared the condensation then Joey presented a naked lady at the window - got a huge cheer from us freezing fans.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Could you imagine Manowar and Steel Panther on tour together? Nobody's woman would be safe.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
spontaneous impregnations for miles surrounding the venue
Winger would be better!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The Triumph of Steel Panther Tour  :metal

Thanks muchly for the podcast feedback Hath -  aside from people posting here (and for as long as I use MEGA to host) I have no way of knowing the number of listeners and,by inference , whether I should persist.  Tim's feedback is also much appreciated.

Re the Taberah.........yeah , well that's what I get for rushing to voice over a podcast that was put together six months prior :lol   I had forgotten Taberah - the reason I put them in was that they were the local support when I saw Nightwish and I was very impressed with them.

Going for a Hath ratings record with the next one  :metal
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:41:00 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Working my way through it - I appreciate it and enjoy it. there are the occaisional gems that I've not heard before and its always good to hear familiar stuff and I can pretend its on the radio  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Paul................the next few should be rippers as I can now use all the stuff I was holding back for roulette season  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Here's some rare Soto for you Tim  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJ6CxnPj_Q

www.theguitardojo.com.au