Author Topic: Happy 30th Birthday to my source of inspiration :)  (Read 856 times)

Offline Soukey

Happy 30th Birthday to my source of inspiration :)
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
Hey !

I'm Soukaina from Morocco, i'm 23 years old and i would like to share with you guys my love for this legendary band.

Since i was a little girl, i showed a great interest in guitar heros. I was born in a family of musicians that have always supported my musical tastes and shared them with me. Untill that day, when my older brother showed me a G3  live performance, with John Petrucci in it, and that's when i fell in love. John caught all my attention with his amazing skills. I obviously didn't stop there. I digged and digged until i found out about Dream Theater, that very special band.  I was listening to DT randomly, envoying every bit of their songs, but in parallel listening to many other bands. It wasn't enough. Until 5  years ago, when I met a friend in the university that was a huge fan of DT ! We have started discussing the songs together , listening to them together, and the great thing was, the more i listened to DT i fell in love more and wxanted to listen more and more ... it was like a drug to me ! I have even stopped listening to other bands because I simply can't compare DT to any of them, and the feelings i get while listening to DT are unique, and I have never felt the same anywhere. Dream Theater have reached out to the deepest dept of my heart. When I listen to DT, I chear up, I tear up, i get so full of emotions i cannot describe.They make me Happy :)

Today, I am still a huge fan of DT and I believe that I will always be, I am just sooooooooo impatient to go to a live performance.

I'm glad for having this opportunity to express how I feel about Dream Theater, and I would like to thank you for your hardwork and the feeling you communicate through your music.

Thank you again, and happy 30th Birthday <3
Much Love

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: Happy 30th Birthday to my source of inspiration :)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:24:36 PM »
Fantastic!  :tup  Welcome to the forum.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Rodni Demental

Re: Happy 30th Birthday to my source of inspiration :)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 09:50:42 PM »
Awesome!  :metal

I think I know how you feel, when I discovered DT it felt like the music I'd been looking for my whole life. I didn't need to listen to anything else for ages because there was just so much variation in moods and styles it was all I needed at the time. And apparently it was there all along I just didn't pay attention or look close enough!  :lol

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...