Author Topic: Time for a drink. Who's in?  (Read 258350 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Time for a drink. Who's in?
« Reply #490 on: January 06, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
Coz, I had occasion to think of you this weekend. I recycled my glass! I was laughing so hard while throwing the bottles into the bin that I dropped one on the tarmac. Luckily it didn't break.  :biggrin:

In.

Going for some Scotch tonight, me thinks. Glenfiddich 18, sounds about right.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »
I'll live vicariously tonight.  mmmmm Glenfiddich. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »
Coz, I had occasion to think of you this weekend. I recycled my glass! I was laughing so hard while throwing the bottles into the bin that I dropped one on the tarmac. Luckily it didn't break.  :biggrin:

In.

Going for some Scotch tonight, me thinks. Glenfiddich 18, sounds about right.

I've had enough to drink that I may need you to like paraphrase this ire aubergine.

And to.orrow.not it will be just as bag.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »
Whoa.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #494 on: January 06, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
In. Abita Grapefruit Harvest IPA. Fucking brilliant. Dry with a delightful grapefruity tartness and just tastes bright bright bright. This shit is doin it for me.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #495 on: January 06, 2016, 08:03:40 PM »
In. Abita Grapefruit Harvest IPA. Fucking brilliant. Dry with a delightful grapefruity tartness and just tastes bright bright bright. This shit is doin it for me.

Been seeing that around recently.  Compare/contrast o the Shiner grapefruit?

In.  Founder's porter, now a Bushmills.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #496 on: January 06, 2016, 08:11:33 PM »
Wish I could help you but I swore off Shiner for good a long time ago after trying no less than 5 different beers by them and not being able to rate a single one higher than 4/10. If I can try theirs for free, I'd be up for it but I can't bring myself to give them any more of my money.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #497 on: January 06, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
I've become Texan by marriage, so Shiner came with the territory.  Some I quite like (though not all).
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #498 on: January 06, 2016, 08:33:40 PM »
Word. I don't find any of their stuff putrid but I've found their stuff unanimously bland and with macrobrew mouthfeel (shitty carbonation and watery feeling.)

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #499 on: January 06, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
I'm not really an IPA guy, but the one they just came out with is solid...though perhaps I think that precisely because I'm not an IPA guy.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #500 on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:26 PM »
Sooo...we can assume Coz is passed out on the floor right about now?

• DT.net Member
His drunken equivalent of fucking a skank.
« Reply #501 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »
Yep. While learning Nirvana songs.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #502 on: January 06, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »
Fuck Nirvana. Now I'm ready to pass out.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #503 on: January 06, 2016, 09:21:49 PM »
^^^Too drunk to read retitled subject lines.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »
I've had enough to drink that I may need you to like paraphrase this ire aubergine.

And to.orrow.not it will be just as bag.

Jeez, back away from the bottle buddy and give me the keys to your computer. You're in no condition to type. I was referencing this post: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44977.msg2050194#msg2050194

Whoa.

No shit!  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #505 on: January 07, 2016, 06:09:19 AM »
Whoa.

The final stage before blackout should be called Schmeggled, which is characterized by drunken posting riddled with typing mistakes.

I've had that before. Its not bad at all. I'm too lazy to look but I think they're the same company that makes Purple Haze, right?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #506 on: January 07, 2016, 08:28:03 AM »
LOL.

Glad it's Thirsty Thursday today.

Offline Sub Luna Vitrea

• literally Emma Goldman
  • go team
« Reply #507 on: January 07, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »
https://www.theonion.com/article/man-going-to-take-edge-off-with-decades-long-slide-38135

:P

(i'm just kidding this is obvious AA propaganda from an onion writer who believes their AA membership is anonymous and not easily detectable)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #508 on: January 07, 2016, 11:44:25 AM »
Whoa.

The final stage before blackout should be called Schmeggled, which is characterized by drunken posting riddled with typing mistakes.

What a bunch of malarkey,  I can mistype dead sober.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #509 on: January 07, 2016, 11:50:10 AM »
Whahibrido drinkingant

https://www.theonion.com/article/man-going-to-take-edge-off-with-decades-long-slide-38135

:P

(i'm just kidding this is obvious AA propaganda from an onion writer who believes their AA membership is anonymous and not easily detectable)

Lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

I've had that before. Its not bad at all. I'm too lazy to look but I think they're the same company that makes Purple Haze, right?

Yup. Might have had exactly one of those since 1999 due to my having spent a weekend stuck in a Tool shirt where I somehow managed to get vomit on my shoulder that included foul sour traces of it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #511 on: January 07, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
Purple Haze = Fruity Pebbles flavored beer

Not bad, though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: January 07, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »

Not bad, though.

This gives me an idea.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #513 on: January 07, 2016, 02:03:44 PM »
The Abita Pecan Harvest that comes out in the fall was the gateway drug that got my wife to love beer.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #514 on: January 07, 2016, 02:05:31 PM »

Not bad, though.

This gives me an idea.

yabbadabbahibrido pebbleant

The Abita Pecan Harvest that comes out in the fall was the gateway drug that got my wife to love beer.

That shit is nice indeed. Their Strawberry one is good too. Reminds me of this awesome strawberry cheesecake Burger King used to have.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: January 07, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »

Not bad, though.

This gives me an idea.

yabbadabbahibrido pebbleant

That shit is nice indeed. Their Strawberry one is good too. Reminds me of this awesome strawberry cheesecake Burger King used to have.

I rock that........

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #516 on: January 07, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
Okay, so I got a bottle of Jack on Christmas day and another on 12/30. Somehow, they're both gone. I gave a little to a buddy on NYE. The rest was me, apparently. Had no idea it went that fast. *scratches head*

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #517 on: January 07, 2016, 04:03:14 PM »
Whoa.

What a bunch of malarkey,  I can mistype dead sober.

Yes, but it takes all of us a few drinks to start typing like you.  :lol

Yup. Might have had exactly one of those since 1999 due to my having spent a weekend stuck in a Tool shirt where I somehow managed to get vomit on my shoulder that included foul sour traces of it.

That's some blatantly keen advertising to get me to drink more, isn't it?

Not bad, though.

I don't remember it tasting like that, but then again I had it after a host of other beers so I might have to revisit it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #518 on: January 07, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »
Okay, so I got a bottle of Jack on Christmas day and another on 12/30. Somehow, they're both gone. I gave a little to a buddy on NYE. The rest was me, apparently. Had no idea it went that fast. *scratches head*

26-rs, or 40s?

BTW... I'm so in.  Public Education administrators suck monkey balls - at least the one at jingle.daughter's school does.

Glenmorangie.  Neat.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: January 07, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
Glenmorangie.  Neat.

I'll join you in 40 minutes.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #520 on: January 07, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

26-rs, or 40s?

BTW... I'm so in.  Public Education administrators suck monkey balls - at least the one at jingle.daughter's school does.

Glenmorangie.  Neat.

The 750 ml bottles.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #521 on: January 07, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »

26-rs, or 40s?

Glenmorangie.  Neat.

What happened, Chad?  I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that it's no different here in NYC.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #522 on: January 07, 2016, 05:29:49 PM »

26-rs, or 40s?

Glenmorangie.  Neat.

What happened, Chad?  I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that it's no different here in NYC.

Don't get me started.  It's a daily ritual with how incompetent her math teacher is, and the administration defending her.  Unions!  The only way to get rid of teacher is (literally) them committing a crime.  Otherwise, it's job security regardless of performance or competence.  :zeltar:

26-rs, or 40s?

Glenmorangie.  Neat.

The 750 ml bottles.

Isn't that the metric system?  THAT you guys use on alcohol, but nowhere else?   :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: January 07, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
See we can learn,

With alcohol.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #524 on: January 07, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

Don't get me started.  It's a daily ritual with how incompetent her math teacher is, and the administration defending her.  Unions!  The only way to get rid of teacher is (literally) them committing a crime.  Otherwise, it's job security regardless of performance or competence.  :zeltar:

You don't have to get into it. I already know exactly what you're going through. It's a complete farce.

Isn't that the metric system?  THAT you guys use on alcohol, but nowhere else?   :D

:lol

Some of us enjoy using the metric system.