Author Topic: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini  (Read 254595 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini
« Reply #3675 on: September 22, 2017, 12:29:37 PM »
^People (like myself) are waiting for the X.
I bet we'll be slow that day, too.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #3676 on: September 22, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
^People (like myself) are waiting for the X.
I bet we'll be slow that day, too.

Well that would be good, right?

The other variable to keep in mind is that a lot of people have migrated over to the iPhone Upgrade Program in recent years, so rather than getting a new phone the day it comes out, I'll get it in like December at some point when I'm eligible via the program.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3677 on: October 27, 2017, 01:23:15 AM »
Verizon had their pre-order page for the iPhone X open at about 1:55, so I was able to snag one pretty quick. Mine will be in my hands on November 3rd. Looking forward to it! At least I don't have to wait until next Spring
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #3678 on: October 27, 2017, 06:36:59 AM »
Verizon had their pre-order page for the iPhone X open at about 1:55, so I was able to snag one pretty quick. Mine will be in my hands on November 3rd. Looking forward to it! At least I don't have to wait until next Spring

Sweet! I'm not due for an upgrade on my iPhone Upgrade Program till the spring anyway, so I'll be getting mine then.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3679 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
Order the x for myself and my gf, should be here sometime in November :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3680 on: October 27, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »
Order the x for myself and my gf, should be here sometime in November :)

I coulda sworn you were an Android guy.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3681 on: October 27, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
I was for a long time until I got a shitty run of android phones starting with the Note. I then switched over to Apple. I like the iPhone a lot but there are something I don't care for.

I'm thinking of going back to Android next year when we get new corporate phones which will be iPhones.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3683 on: February 06, 2018, 08:37:08 AM »
I don't know much about the actual computer Brian.....but in case you were nervous about the 'certified refurbished' part of it I can tell you that our kiddos 'big' Christmas gift last Christmas was personal iPad Mini's. We purchased them 'certified refurbished' due to the savings involved and the ipads have functioned flawlessly. Could never tell they've been refurbished.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3684 on: February 06, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
Good to know. Thanks  :tup

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #3685 on: March 21, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »
Does anyone out there own the iPhone X, 256 gb version?

I ask, because I am considering switching from Android over to iPhone, so that I can incorporate my iTunes library with my phone. I am an old iPod classic user, who loves traveling with most, if not all, of my library. But my modified classic iPod has died, and I am using a backup 80 gb one in the car.

I was considering potentially going to the iPhone X, so I can put at least my 80 gb partial library on the phone, and then have my phone and music as one device. Anyone here using that 256 gb version, and if so, how is it?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3686 on: March 21, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »

I ask, because I am considering switching from Android over to iPhone, so that I can incorporate my iTunes library with my phone. I am an old iPod classic user, who loves traveling with most, if not all, of my library. But my modified classic iPod has died, and I am using a backup 80 gb one in the car.

I was considering potentially going to the iPhone X, so I can put at least my 80 gb partial library on the phone, and then have my phone and music as one device. Anyone here using that 256 gb version, and if so, how is it?

Why not convert all of your iTunes files and put them on an android device?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3687 on: March 21, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »

The thing is, I rip everything at 256 kbps mp3s, so they are ready already. The problem is, the interface. Nothing is as good as the iTunes interface.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3688 on: March 21, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »
I don't have one, I have an iPhone 7 Plus 256gb and I moved all the stuff on my ipod over to my phone, it was a great decision to prevent carrying two devices.

My gf has an iPhone X 256 and it's a great device, had a bit of a rough launch but I love it and I plan on getting one myself.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3689 on: March 22, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »

The thing is, I rip everything at 256 kbps mp3s, so they are ready already. The problem is, the interface. Nothing is as good as the iTunes interface.

wut  I tunes has my most hated interface.  Nothing as easy as drag and drop and just works like my android and using my home library with it.  I just put it all on a 128GB micro sd card.  Speaking of, I just bought a bogo free offer for the S9.  Anyway, I guess I'll see my way out as I am not trying to start an apple vs samsung war.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3690 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Nothing is as good as the iTunes interface.

WOW. I never thought I'd hear someone using an Android phone say that. I've been using an iphone since 2010 and have hated that piece of crap software since the day it was invented. This year once my iphone 6 plus dies I'm switching to Anrdoid and not looking back.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3691 on: March 23, 2018, 06:15:35 AM »
I always thought iTunes had a fine interface, but it ran slow as hell back in 2008. I haven't really used it since though.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3692 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:44 AM »
One thing I enjoyed about iTunes was making smart playlists.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #3693 on: March 23, 2018, 07:08:40 AM »
I'm an Apple guy, so I'm probably biased, but I love the iTunes interface.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3694 on: March 23, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »
Also important to note iTunes runs like crap on Windows.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3695 on: March 23, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
I use an android music player on my phone and have my full collection on a 256 gb micro sd card.  Works really well for me.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3696 on: March 23, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
To explain, I've always been an Android phone guy.

But I absolutely loved my modded iPod, which had 256 gb, and my entire collection. I love that iTunes brings up the art, has everything organized, etc., and then when I plug my iPod into the car, it brings up everything, including the art.

I am looking for a way to do all that. My thought was the iPhone X, 256 gb version. But do you all suggest something else that will do all that? If so, what device, what program on the laptop?

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #3697 on: March 23, 2018, 09:25:37 AM »

But I absolutely loved my modded iPod, which had 256 gb, and my entire collection. I love that iTunes brings up the art, has everything organized, etc., and then when I plug my iPod into the car, it brings up everything, including the art.

I am looking for a way to do all that. My thought was the iPhone X, 256 gb version. But do you all suggest something else that will do all that? If so, what device, what program on the laptop?

I'm with you, I'm dreading the day my iPod Classic dies...

The iPhone X, 256 GB would definitely do it, as long as you still have enough storage space left for other phone essential stuff.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3698 on: March 23, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »

I'm with you, I'm dreading the day my iPod Classic dies...

The iPhone X, 256 GB would definitely do it, as long as you still have enough storage space left for other phone essential stuff.

That was my thought. My iTunes has 2,075 albums and 197 GB, so I'm pushing it. Because I am sure the other stuff on the actual phone will take up a lot of space. But yeah, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. I love my Samsung Note 4, and it runs great, but getting everything on one device would be good.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #3699 on: March 23, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
That was my thought. My iTunes has 2,075 albums and 197 GB, so I'm pushing it. Because I am sure the other stuff on the actual phone will take up a lot of space. But yeah, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. I love my Samsung Note 4, and it runs great, but getting everything on one device would be good.

You should be good. If you stay somewhat minimal with other stuff on your phone, you should have plenty of room. I'd assuming leaving 25 to 30 GB for other stuff (OS, built in apps, other standard apps you'll want to have).

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3700 on: November 30, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »
Apple folks, quick question: I wanna get my wife Bluetooth ear buds for her iPhone 8, any recommendations? I thought it was gonna be a straight forward only-one-product-is-compatible deal but it seems like there's a lot of options.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3701 on: November 30, 2018, 05:53:17 PM »
Apple folks, quick question: I wanna get my wife Bluetooth ear buds for her iPhone 8, any recommendations? I thought it was gonna be a straight forward only-one-product-is-compatible deal but it seems like there's a lot of options.

Get her the earbuds, those are pretty cool

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3702 on: November 30, 2018, 06:18:45 PM »
I was looking at the Apple ones, but I was hoping you guys may suggest something that I don't have to sell my kidney to buy.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.