Author Topic: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini  (Read 254624 times)

Offline 425

Re: The "Apple Inc." Thread iPad Mini
« Reply #3570 on: March 13, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »
In my opinion, the virtue of the Apple Watch is that it is a huge step down the path to a world that is more technologically integrated. Many of the Apple Watch use cases that Apple has demonstrated apply right now to "only at select stores" or "only at select hotels" or "only if you have this nice new system in your car or house." But as the Apple Watch becomes more popular, more and more of the world will be integrated to work with it. For example, right now it's only a few very nice hotels where you can unlock the hotel room using the Apple Watch, but if the Watch takes off, more and more hotels will invest in the technology.

Apple Pay is huge in this regard. It's huge that they put it on the iPhone, and it will be even bigger once the Apple Watch goes on sale and more infrastructure is built to work with it. Being able to pay without a card from your wrist will be a massive convenience that people will just love. And Apple Pay is PRIVATE. That is a huge selling point for Apple against Google Wallet and other competitors. Apple is among a very few tech companies that takes advanced measures to ensure that they and others do NOT collect user data, while companies like Google want as much user data as they can get their hands on. To me, and to a lot of others, that is a huge selling point in favor of Apple Pay and in favor of the Apple watch.

I probably will get an Apple Watch Sport. To me, $400 (the price for the larger of the two entry-level Sport models) is definitely worth it for the functionality that the Apple Watch brings. It's certainly a bigger step forward technologically and functionally than the iPad (though I love my iPad) and starts at a lower price, so from where I'm sitting it's really a no-brainer.

As for rectangular vs. round screen: I personally think that rectangular is better for a smartwatch. The rounded face of a traditional watch is dictated by the sweep of the hands. It makes sense for that particular category of device. But Apple's design philosophy in 2015 is not to emulate technologies, but to enhance them. A rectangular screen provides more visual real-estate in a smaller form factor and makes a lot more sense for just about any application that is not a clock face.

Edit: Also, I love how whenever Apple announces something new, there's a whole string of people who are just convinced that Apple is out to deceive people through spin and marketing in an attempt to swindle them. I don't know if it's Luddism or straight paranoia, but there's something just bizarre about assuming that a consumer electronics company that produces devices with massive customer satisfaction ratings (99%, I think it was, for the iPhone 6? That's astronomical. That's ridiculous.) is just a set of smoke-and-mirrors charlatans. Especially when the same people do not believe the same of Google and Android manufacturers, who are far less savory with regard to things like user privacy than Apple.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:51:08 PM by 425 »
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3571 on: March 13, 2015, 04:00:25 PM »
*Lot of text*

Who are you and what did you do with tjanuranus?

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3572 on: March 13, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
But what practicality does a smart watch have over a smart phone? The Apple Pay and checking into a hotel seems like something you can do with an app and isn't smart watch exclusive. To cast aside doubt as Luddism seems a bit silly considering this is really more of a lateral step as far as technology goes. I can't think of a single advantage this would have over having a smart phone.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3573 on: March 13, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »
To me there's two use cases:
- Measuring (aka FitBit)
- Notifications

For measuring, there are far cheaper and longer-lasting options out there.
For notifications, I think for a lot of people the vibration mode of their smartphone is more than enough. In fact, lately I have configured the shit out of my Android phone to shut up way more.

And last but not least, Apple has virtually no innovative edge when compared to the multitude of existing smartwatches. The Pebble has been around for more than 2 years at this point, and there's little difference to the Apple Watch.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline 425

« Reply #3574 on: March 13, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
*Lot of text*

... I'm a guy who has been around for over a year and has over 1000 posts? It's not like I'm some hobo who just showed up.

As for smartwatches.

I agree that they're not for everybody at this point. I would hardly expect the Apple Watch to be the sensation that the iPhone is, and Apple doesn't seem to expect it either. I think it will sell well but not have astronomical numbers. Of course it is likely to be more integrated further down the road. Rumborak, you're right that for many people, a smartphone is enough. The benefit of notifications on an Apple Watch is to have them and other information available "at a glance"—you can just lift your wrist and see the time and location of the next scheduled event in your calendar. Another advantage is that a smartwatch is far more hands-free than a smartphone. One of the use cases that excited me the most when I saw it is the ability to use Passbook to put boarding passes on the Apple Watch. When I'm going through security at the airport, I'm carrying a suitcase with one hand and handing the agent my ID with my other hand. I don't want to have to also be holding my iPhone. I would much rather just place my wrist on the scanner and have it scan my boarding pass from my watch. There's one valuable use case. Another is Apple Pay. Again, it isn't hard to imagine a situation where largely hands-free payment would be convenient. Several more things I could definitely see myself using it for:

- responding to brief text messages in situations where pulling out my phone would be obtrusive
- controlling the music playing from my iPhone—for example, if my iPhone is plugged into speakers across the room
- controlling my iPhone camera so that I could take a group picture that includes me in it
- any number of other small application uses in situations where pulling out my iPhone would be obtrusive: Shazam, for example, or following a particular sporting event

Of course, to say nothing of the two applications that you named, which are just two additional, highly valuable ones that are wrapped up in the same package as everything else.

As for Pebble, which I found thoroughly unimpressive: Pebble has a pretty hideous screen and I very much doubt that it has the deep level of integration with iPhone that Apple Watch does. For example, I doubt that I can put my boarding passes on a Pebble, and I don't think it has NFC. I would never even consider buying a Pebble, whereas I'm strongly considering the Apple Watch. Part of that has to do with something I think only Apple gets: a smartwatch is extremely personal, more so than a smartphone, because you wear it on your wrist. If the best smartphone in the world was ugly, but was vastly superior to all other options, I would still consider getting it. But I would never get an ugly smartwatch, because I wouldn't want to wear it. The Apple Watch is quite pretty in my opinion and is quite customizable was well.

And last but not least, Apple has virtually no innovative edge when compared to the multitude of existing smartwatches. The Pebble has been around for more than 2 years at this point, and there's little difference to the Apple Watch.

The thing with Apple, and I think this is why people either get them or don't get them at all (and a lot of the people who don't get them are very "techy" types), is that they focus on the experience. The Apple Watch doesn't need to have 15 new and spectacular things that no other smartwatch has if it is by far the best smartwatch experience for iPhone users. That's the market it's trying to hit. And absolutely nothing else compares to it in that regard. And I would dispute that claim anyway. Apple Watch has the Digital Crown and the Force Touch technologies that as far as I know no other smartwatch has. I think those will make it much more pleasant to use. And the Taptic Engine sounds like it has the potential for some pretty incredible applications. I don't think any other smartwatch has that either.

To cast aside doubt as Luddism seems a bit silly considering this is really more of a lateral step as far as technology goes.

Perhaps it's not quite Luddism, but there is definitely, especially regarding Apple, a segment of the population who does not even attempt to understand what Apple is doing or consider the possibility that a device could be useful to other people who are not them. And I notice that the response of that segment is to immediately go to a form of the tried and true "Apple is a religion" argument—saying that the whole thing is a scheme to try to pull the wool over the eyes of their helpless cult followers and, through the power of marketing, get them to buy a device that they won't actually use. It comes up every damn time.

"Apple made a tablet? Haha, it's just a big iPod Touch! Apple is just trying to cash in on its population of devoted fans!"

"Apple made a phone? No one wants a phone without a physical keyboard! The only people who will buy that thing are the mindless Apple followers!"

"Apple made a music player? That thing is way too expensive; it'll never take off except among the deluded Mac fanboys!"

Interesting where history comes down on all of those.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3575 on: March 13, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
This biggest issue I see is that watches, in general, are a thing that are really hit or miss with people. Using your examples, pretty much everyone has a phone, there are uses to a very portable computer, and portable music is a nice luxury. But watches? Not everyone cares to use a watch and for the most part it's a flashy accessory instead of a necessity. Perhaps Apple will find a use for it in time but I can't see a justification for the price and the prices just seem to be almost a parody of Apple products instead of an expected norm.

Also I can't also be the one that gets the impression that Apple uses the rest of the tech world as their thinktank. They're great at marketing something that already exists with their own twist but actually coming up with something innovative on their own? Not a chance.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3576 on: March 13, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
*Lot of text*

... I'm a guy who has been around for over a year and has over 1000 posts? It's not like I'm some hobo who just showed up.

Sorry, that was meant to be a joke. He was (is?) a poster here who used to frequent Apple threads and evangelize Apple in a similar manner.

Offline 425

« Reply #3577 on: March 13, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »
This biggest issue I see is that watches, in general, are a thing that are really hit or miss with people. Using your examples, pretty much everyone has a phone, there are uses to a very portable computer, and portable music is a nice luxury. But watches? Not everyone cares to use a watch and for the most part it's a flashy accessory instead of a necessity. Perhaps Apple will find a use for it in time but I can't see a justification for the price and the prices just seem to be almost a parody of Apple products instead of an expected norm.

Right, and that's why, as I said, no one expects the Apple Watch to be a rousing success like the iPhone. Including Apple. Apple is not counting on every iPhone user going and buying an Apple Watch. This is clearly intended to be much more of a niche product, like the Apple TV (though they're making a push for wider adoption of that).

As for the prices, I think $350 for the base model is very very reasonable. Keep in mind that the $199 price tag that you see for most luxury smartphones these days (including the base model of the current generation iPhone, the iPhone 6) is not the actual amount you pay for the phone. It's heavily subsidized through your two-year contract with your cell carrier. To buy the $199 model of the iPhone 6 straight-up, it costs $649. The base model Apple Watch is just over half the cost while packing a lot of the same components into a much smaller form factor. The current generation iPad mini starts at $399, $50 more than the base model of the Apple Watch (which, again, packs many of the same components plus some other components into a significantly smaller body).

I don't know what you're expecting. Given the pricing of Apple's most comparable products, $350 is pretty sensible.

As for the higher-priced models, what you're paying for there is luxury, which is what you would do if you were in the market for a nice watch of the traditional sort as well. The good news for people of more limited means is that every model of the Apple Watch has the same functionality. The $350 one does the same thing as the $550 one which does the same thing as the $17,000. The difference is that the $350 one comes in basically the least expensive case they made that is still durable, visually appealing and water resistant, while the $550 comes in a somewhat nice case made from stainless steel and the $17,000 is made of fucking gold.

What were you expecting the price to be? Knowing that Apple makes high-end consumer electronics, and knowing the (actual, not subsidized) prices of their most comparable products—the iPhone and the iPad, I don't see how anyone could imagine the Apple Watch costing much less than $350. And I would argue that for your $350 watch, you're getting more functionality than you get from a $399 iPad (assuming that you own an iPhone and a laptop computer).

Also I can't also be the one that gets the impression that Apple uses the rest of the tech world as their thinktank. They're great at marketing something that already exists with their own twist but actually coming up with something innovative on their own? Not a chance.

The entire tech world uses each other as their think tank. Look at what Samsung does. Samsung copies every Apple phone. Honestly, if you look at the new Samsung Galaxy S6, it is hard to even distinguish from an iPhone. Apple came out with a finger print scanner, Samsung came out with a fingerprint scanner. Apple came out with NFC payments using said scanner, Samsung did the same. Microsoft has done the same thing practically for decades: the personal computer with GUI was first made by Apple. And then Microsoft copied it to make Windows. I'm not denying, of course, that Apple has not at times copied features from Microsoft or Google, I'm simply illustrating that this is what the entire tech industry does (Samsung is just over the line with that shit, though. They copy look and feel to such a degree...).

Apple's primary skill, it is true, is in creating a good user experience. The best example of this is the iPad. Apple didn't invent the tablet. Microsoft made tablets for almost ten years before the iPad came out. But nobody bought Microsoft's tablets. Why? Because Apple advertised better and duped everyone with the mysterious hypnotic power of marketing (by the way, if it's all about marketing, why don't Apple's competitors simply hire better marketing people? Why is it only Apple who has this mystical power of marketing?)? No. Because Microsoft's Windows XP tablets created a truly terrible user experience, while the iPad created a good one. Using a Microsoft tablet from the pre-iPad days would be very frustrating on the whole, while the iPad is easy to use and it works—it creates a quality experience.

But if you look to my preceding post, I did dispute the claim that Apple has place no innovations into the Apple Watch. I named three technologies that I don't believe anyone else has included in a smartwatch yet: Digital Crown, Force Touch and Taptic Engine. Or are those just constructs of marketing that don't actually exist?

Sorry, that was meant to be a joke.

Ah, okay.

He was (is?) a poster here who used to frequent Apple threads and evangelize Apple in a similar manner.

Jesus fucking Christ, not the "Apple is a religion lol" thing again. Honestly, is it that impossible for some folks to believe that people legitimately buy Apple products because they think that those products provide a better experience than those of Apple's competitors? The whole damn religion comparison is really quite rude and dumb and doesn't reflect reality in any way. It's just a cheap way of insulting people who admire a company that you don't like.

Edit: And by the way, I'm not in here like an evangelist asking if you all have heard the Good News about Tim Cook. This is an Apple discussion thread in which people are slagging on the Apple Watch, and I'm taking an opposing position, saying, "hey, I don't think you have it quite right." It's not like I'm commanding people to prostrate themselves before the glory of premium consumer electronics and then commit mass suicide so that we can all go together to the Great Big Apple Store in the Sky.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:21:39 PM by 425 »
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3578 on: March 14, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
He was (is?) a poster here who used to frequent Apple threads and evangelize Apple in a similar manner.

Jesus fucking Christ, not the "Apple is a religion lol" thing again. Honestly, is it that impossible for some folks to believe that people legitimately buy Apple products because they think that those products provide a better experience than those of Apple's competitors? The whole damn religion comparison is really quite rude and dumb and doesn't reflect reality in any way. It's just a cheap way of insulting people who admire a company that you don't like.

Edit: And by the way, I'm not in here like an evangelist asking if you all have heard the Good News about Tim Cook. This is an Apple discussion thread in which people are slagging on the Apple Watch, and I'm taking an opposing position, saying, "hey, I don't think you have it quite right." It's not like I'm commanding people to prostrate themselves before the glory of premium consumer electronics and then commit mass suicide so that we can all go together to the Great Big Apple Store in the Sky.

I understand the word "evangelize" has a religious connotation and given the "religious" element of Apple consumers that exists, it perhaps wasn't the best word choice. You obviously feel strongly about Apple to do quite a bit of research and make several detailed posts promoting their product(s). I don't fault you for that, I own an iPhone 5 and 3rd-gen iPad that I use daily and I agree with several of your points.

Again, my apologies for any offense, it wasn't intended.

Offline 425

« Reply #3579 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »
It's quite alright. I may have overreacted, but I've really grown quite tired of the religious stuff. I have long been a user of Apple's products because I believe they are the best ones, but I have not always been (there was a time when I was a member of the anti-Apple peanut gallery). Honestly, I haven't done too much research; a lot of the information I posted is just stuff that I have on recall from years of casually following the company and watching most of the keynotes (including both of the Apple Watch ones).

Not to go down another road of this, but I would strongly dispute the idea that there's any more of a "religious" element of Apple consumers than there are of any other platform. Look at some Android or Linux forums and you will probably find a higher level of zeal (I wouldn't associate it with religion, but w/e) than you would on most Apple/Mac/iOS forums. I think almost any tech brand has its strong adherents. Even Microsoft has IT professionals who still hopelessly cling on to XP and IT professionals who will spend the next 10 years hopelessly clinging on to Windows 7 (I mock you because I love you, Microsoft  :-*). But I think the vast majority of consumers of any tech brand are not strong adherents—again, I would argue with relation to Apple that the majority of iOS and Mac users are there because Apple provides the best experience for them. I just dispute the notion that the "religious" thing is unique to Apple when plenty of people like those on /r/AndroidMasterRace on reddit exist for other platforms.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3580 on: March 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
I'm on my second iPhone and my second iMac...

HOWEVER...

I don't really care about getting the latest Iphone... I didn't get my first Apple Phone til the 4S...And When i upgrade in a years time..I'm probably gonna

stick with the 5S instead of getting a 6 because I don't like the size of them; AND it will be a cheaper phone contract to get an older phone...

ALSO...

I don't care about iPads or this new iWatch. i don't need an iPad for anything. I'd sooner get a laptop.

I chose the iPhone because I liked it. I've tried Android phones and I didn't like them. Same with iMac.

I had PCs for years and as soon as I tried an iMac that was it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3581 on: March 15, 2015, 04:11:37 AM »
What is it you like more about the Mac over a PC?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3582 on: March 15, 2015, 05:26:30 AM »
Almost everything.  :biggrin:

But mostly the design . .

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3583 on: March 15, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
The thing Apple is best at is making things pretty; that's for damn sure.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3584 on: March 15, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
...but then I never really liked PCs anyway...even before I was introduced to OSX.

I've not used a PC in a while - but my fave thing on OSX is "hiding" apps. SO it doesn't just minimize to the bottom of the screen - it hides it altogether - thus

not cluttering up your screen.

Genuinely don't know if modern PCs do that too ?

...oh and Windows 8 was fuck ugly.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3585 on: March 15, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »
Hiding programs just seems like a potential memory clog nightmare but I've never used what you're talking about so perhaps there's abother way to keep track of what's open.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3586 on: March 15, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
If Windows had that functionality, I'd never use it. If I have something open, I want it in either the task bar or the system tray where I can see it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3587 on: March 16, 2015, 05:51:36 AM »
Yeah. I don't see the point in leaving something running if I'm not using it. Why waste the cpu?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3588 on: March 16, 2015, 06:01:48 AM »
Agreed, I thought that was the point of minimization, to not clog your screen but still be aware of what is open.  To each their own though.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3589 on: March 16, 2015, 06:05:26 AM »
Maybe the application is being suspended in flash memory and isn't actually open. Isn't that what the iPad does when you swap back and forth between apps?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3590 on: March 16, 2015, 06:14:53 AM »
Yeah. I don't see the point in leaving something running if I'm not using it. Why waste the cpu?

To get it off screen whilst you're not using it. I'm not hiding it because I no longer want to use it.

For example - Spotify takes a really long time to load up each time so I just hide it from my screen instead of quitting it.

It means it's not cluttering up my screen.

Or - I could move it to a different desktop - but I always forget I have that option.

Or it also means that you can still listen to music in iTunes - but not actually see it on screen. It's just less cluttered - instead of loads of windows at the

bottom of your screen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3591 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:37 AM »
So is it more or less auto-hiding the task bar on a Windows machine? If I'm reading it correctly, all you are doing is minimizing it without seeing it in a toolbar?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3592 on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:08 AM »
So is it more or less auto-hiding the task bar on a Windows machine? If I'm reading it correctly, all you are doing is minimizing it without seeing it in a toolbar?

Yes. It just hides the app altogether.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3593 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:19 AM »
You can achieve that with the system tray. You have the option to have a program visible permanently in the tray if you want, but by default those icons are hidden and brought up only when the little arrow icon is clicked. Though some programs might not be able to minimise to the system tray (and thus removed from the task bar) the vast majority can be. Offhand I can't think of a program I use that doesn't have the option, though I turn it on and off depending on how I want a specific program to behave when I minimise it.

I'm pretty sure this first started with XP.

Offline Cable

« Reply #3594 on: March 21, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »
Almost everything.  :biggrin:

But mostly the design . .

I'm in this boat too. I understand that Macs are 30-50% more expensive. But I don't feel like I'm going to break my present and past Macbook, where my PC laptop failed within 6 months. More of a lemon model on that one, but still.

I also like Apple's productivity software (formerly iWork) better. But yeah, Apple made more money off me then Lenovo or HP would of. But I'm cool with it, I like how Macs work.
---

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3595 on: March 21, 2015, 11:51:57 PM »
I will say, while my down button fell off rather easily, my macbook pro has been a champ.  Its for work and I travel a lot with it, its taken its beating including a 7 ft drop (I almost caught it as it fell so it wasnt a flat fall, but it landed hard, I was using it on top of a ladder) and hasnt skipped a beat.  My coworker's has some issues, but otherwise is pretty solid for also taking a similar beating. 

Offline Cable

« Reply #3596 on: July 18, 2015, 04:34:58 AM »
https://www.apple.com

So as I looked around the site today after reading about an iPod touch refresh, i noticed that iPods are no longer on the top toolbar. As much as I do not like iPods and iTunes,  I do hope Apple is keeping them, as they fill a market. That market is getting smaller, but there still is a need IMO.
---

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3597 on: August 09, 2015, 02:48:43 AM »
Apple fellas, I need a bit of advice from you, hoping I don't resort to registering in an actual Apple forum to ask it.
I've had my iPad since around 2010 and it has iOS 6.1 which I've never felt the need to move away from, recently I've been getting a lot of "no, you gotta upgrade" on some apps I've been interested in but oh well I can live without them, then one of the apps I use very frequently started constantly crashing, it's an app to stream the old radio show Dragnet and I listen to it in bed, long story short I looked into ways to make it work again and it included soft and hard reset for the iPad and no use, I deleted and redownloaded the app several times and still no use, now another solution is to upgrade the iOS, which I personally don't think will solve the problem since the app used to work on 6.1.
My problem with upgrading to 8.4 is that it requires me to make space on my iPad, which is only 16 gig of capacity and I need the space for my TV shows that aren't available to stream like King of The Hill and The Simpsons, I watched them before falling asleep on weekdays and that's all the TV I get, there's never enough space for an entire season so I have to keep deleting and adding episodes every now and then, so basically I can't afford losing that much more space over an iOS upgrade that's irreversible and might not even solve the problem I have, any ideas?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3598 on: September 08, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
While we wait for tomorrow's conference, I thought some of you might find this read interesting.

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/04/former-apple-engineer-gives-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-original-iphone-introduction/

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3599 on: September 09, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »
I'm really excited to use Live Photo. That seems really cool and having a picture on the lock screen will be really cool with the live photo feature.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online faizoff

« Reply #3600 on: September 09, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
I think i'll be keeping my 64 GB 6 plus for another few years, heck had the iphone 4 for 4 years so I think the 6 + should last even longer
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3601 on: September 09, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »
I have a 64gb 5s and I am more than happy. The new one looks cool though

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3602 on: March 22, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
Couple new announcements from Apple. A smaller iPad pro... Has Apple given a reason as to why they refuse to make an iPad with mouse support? That's the main reason why I haven't bought a new one yet. I've been waiting since the second generation for them to add that feature.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3603 on: March 22, 2016, 10:22:33 AM »
I think the iPhone SE was a smart (and overdue) move by them. A (somewhat) cheap entry-level phone with killer technical specs and all the goodies you might expect from a modern iPhone. It's only lacking force touch, but as an owner of an iPhone 6S I don't use force touch that much; so I could really live without it.

Couple new announcements from Apple. A smaller iPad pro... Has Apple given a reason as to why they refuse to make an iPad with mouse support? That's the main reason why I haven't bought a new one yet. I've been waiting since the second generation for them to add that feature.

I think they're really striving into not transforming it into a personal computer. If you add mouse support, it's basically a Mac that runs iOS instead of OS X; although I agree it would be a nice addition given they're aiming at the 'professional' market with that product and people are used to work with a mouse in such markets.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3604 on: March 22, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »
I think the iPhone SE was a smart (and overdue) move by them. A (somewhat) cheap entry-level phone with killer technical specs and all the goodies you might expect from a modern iPhone. It's only lacking force touch, but as an owner of an iPhone 6S I don't use force touch that much; so I could really live without it.

Isn't that the point of the C iphone?  To be cheaper and still be an iphone.

I think they're really striving into not transforming it into a personal computer. If you add mouse support, it's basically a Mac that runs iOS instead of OS X; although I agree it would be a nice addition given they're aiming at the 'professional' market with that product and people are used to work with a mouse in such markets.

I think you are right, Apple wants you to buy the ipad and the mac book.