Author Topic: anyone else have this problem?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
anyone else have this problem?
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
I play drums.  I always will hear a song, and I will be like "aw, I gotta learn that"
So I go home, get everything set up, and I begin to learn by bits to play it.  Most songs I want to play are DT songs, so they are like 10 minutes long each.  So I do like 5 minutes of it, and then I find another song and start to play that because the song I am on is either too complicated and frustrating to learn the second half, or it is getting boring.  And it is not like I am a quitter, I usually finish things.  But I always start a song, and I don't finish it.  So it is just a part of a song that I know, and the rest I can't play.  If you pay attention to some of my posts, you can see. one day I would say "learning wait for sleep on the drums" then " this dying soul" then "surrounded" and now I am on "In the Name of God".  Any of you guys do this?  ad how can I stay focussed on one song?
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
Re: anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »
just have to force yourself really, a matter of willpower to make yourself sit down and go through the tricky stuff at low speed.
Not that im a shining example, I can play a bits of (on guitar) scarred, a change of seasons, the glass prison, constant motion, overture 1928, strange deja vu, the list goes on!
The only ones i know all the way through have got to be surrounded, lines in the sand, the mirror and the silent man!
Maybe aim a bit lower so you can get a song you can do all the way through with fairly minimal learning effort?
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
yeah.  But I don't want to go lower.  I mean, I have already done all of a mind beside itself.  Adn that is perett y high.  Lowest I have gone is another day.  I want to move on to more chalenging stuff, but I can never just sit down and complete a song.  I finish half and move on.
www.bedeceived.com

Online Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »
Well, isn't it just a question of willpower? Pick one song and just stay with it, damn you! :P

I know exactly what you mean though. But to play a song from finish to end without problems is a great reward in itself and you learn so much more than simple rhytms and grooves. You learn how to put it all togheter and making it work in the context of a song. Just try to think of those rewards and perhaps you'll have no problems focusing on a single song at a time.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
yeah.  Well I was going to finally work on finishing in the name of god.  and what happens?  snare head breaks.     Fuck my life.  >:( :censored >:(
www.bedeceived.com

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
Maybe try Ritalin?
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.