Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Falling Into Infinity a re-listen

(1/46) > >>

7StringedBeast:
I spun FII today for the first time in a while.  I have come to the conclusion that this is DT's most inconsistent album to me.  By this I mean that it has some of their best and worst songs all on the same album.  Nevertheless, the high points of this album make it so worth listening to.  Lines in the Sand alone is just a master piece song along with ToT.  And then there is Peruvian Skies, which never gets talked about at these forums one way or another.  I think it deserves recognition because its got a really cool intro riff and the song has a great buildup and great vocal parts.   An New Millennium is such a cool song.  Very original sounding.

Anna Lee moved me so much today for some reason.  I was singing along to it and I felt a huge well of emotions build up.  This song never had this affect on me before, but I have always loved this song.

I usually just skip over the songs I don't like such as You not Me. 

All in all, this album is really cool.  I just tend to skip a few songs.  Lines in the Sand and ToT definitely keep the album afloat though.

LTE:
I mostly agree with you. But I think the bootleg demos are a lot better.

setrataeso:
I agree with the inconsistancy comment.
I've grown to appreciate Peruvian Skies a lot more. And Lines, TOT, and Hells Kitchen are all epic.

On the other hand, you have Burning My Soul and You Not Me, which I dont think are awful, but are two of the least liked songs of DT's catalogue.

The album is very underrated, imo. Not enough people give it a decent chance.

7StringedBeast:
I actually like Burning My Soul.  I mean the lyrics are laughable, but the song grooves pretty well.  Hell's Kitchen is such a cool intro to Lines. 

Also, the production of the album is pretty amazing.  The worst part about it is the really hollow snare sound.  Otherwise flawless. 

pianoman:
Just finished listening to New Millennium for the fifth time, and I just cant get enough of the drum part at 5:41. That whole instrumental break is full of WIN!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version