Author Topic: Official DTF Photography Thread  (Read 145222 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Official DTF Photography Thread
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »
Nathen, Ariich , Pyroph and Brakkum...very nice!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:33:37 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

I got some new shots I took at a hockey game I might post soon if they came out good.  I was trying out my new zoom lens.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
Thanks! :)

Go for it 7SB.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
Thanks! :)

Go for it 7SB.

you are welcome..thank you for sharing them!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »
Thanks EV. I'd love to see them too 7SB, I need to learn how to take photos of more than just stuff outside.  :lol

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
Here is my newest batch of photos.  Most were taken since Christmas till now.  Most taken with my 200mm zoom.  1 with my 35mm prime and one with the kit lens.

A pic of my bro cause I thought it looked kinda cool.

Here is an older one taken with my kit lens about a year ago.  If I posted it already I'm sorry lol.  I think I haven't though.

Here is one I took with the 35mm prime

Someone's dog, also with the 35mm prime

Now for the hockey pics using the 200mm zoom

And there we have it.  Sorry for the huge post.  It's been a while since I added to the thread.  Also, Facebook, and compression in general do horrible horrible things to the quality  :-[
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
Also, Facebook, and compression in general do horrible horrible things to the quality  :-[
Yeah but it's no big deal, we're only posting small versions anyway.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
Yeah true, but I hate when the colors get all messed up and they get compression artifacts.  Anyways, just for a little tidbit, those hockey pictures were taken from the 10th row up in the rink.  I was a solid 50 ft away from the action.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »
I just took this earlier tonight while experimenting with some shots for HDR. I looked at this one to see if it would work out well, and lo and behold, it looks like there is some space debris burning up in the atmosphere. I thought that was pretty fuckin cool!

edit: though I really do wish I had been paying more attention to the sky when this happened so I could have seen it myself...
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
Took a few photos tonight. First time doing night shooting, only got about one good one. I blame the cold.  :P

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »
Cold is a valid excuse. It's not easy to take one's time and calmly fix the settings and shoot when one is freezing one's ass off. Or one's fingers. I always wonder why I never shoot more in the beautiful winter of Sweden, and every winter I remember why.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
That was definitely an issue for me in Iceland. It was -10C with a harsh wind outside, so taking pictures meant jumping out of the car, taking the shot, and jumping right back in.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
Damn, definitely can't complain from my weather then!

Also, I notice my shot is focused on the foreground, wish I would have gotten the background more in focus. Kinda hard to fix when your camera is on the ground.  :lol

If anyone wants to post any photo tips I'd love to hear them, I've also got a book (that I got ages ago) on Night Photography, so that should help.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »

Also, I notice my shot is focused on the foreground, wish I would have gotten the background more in focus. Kinda hard to fix when your camera is on the ground.  :lol

If anyone wants to post any photo tips I'd love to hear them, I've also got a book (that I got ages ago) on Night Photography, so that should help.

If you want everything in focus, you can do a few things.  First thing is to use a higher F stop.  You have a deeper depth of field using higher F stops.  You have to make up for that at night with a long shutter speed though.  This means you need to have a tripod and hopefully shoot something that isn't moving, as a longer shutter speed will cause motion blur.

Offline jsem

« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
I just took this earlier tonight while experimenting with some shots for HDR. I looked at this one to see if it would work out well, and lo and behold, it looks like there is some space debris burning up in the atmosphere. I thought that was pretty fuckin cool!

edit: though I really do wish I had been paying more attention to the sky when this happened so I could have seen it myself...
inb4 UFO sighting. lol

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »

If you want everything in focus, you can do a few things.  First thing is to use a higher F stop.  You have a deeper depth of field using higher F stops.  You have to make up for that at night with a long shutter speed though.  This means you need to have a tripod and hopefully shoot something that isn't moving, as a longer shutter speed will cause motion blur.

Yeah, I've got a tripod and every pic I took was on a steady surface etc. Thanks for the info.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2011, 04:19:55 PM »
I forgot to add that using a wider angled lens will put more into focus.  So if you have a zoom or primes use the smallest mm lens you have.  It'll put more in focus.

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »
Alright, cool thanks. I've got a Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens, I like it so far. I'll definitely need to pick up a Macro lens sometime, they're what I like to take a lot of.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
No problem.  I want to get out and shoot pretty bad.  But I'm afraid to take my camera out and about in the city.  It sucks cause the city has such interesting things to take photos of.  I need a friend to walk around with so I don't get my shit stolen.

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »
I seriously want to edit some of my recent pictures, on this new huge screen and fast computer of mine, but I need to do school work. This makes me a :sadpanda:.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »

*snip*

Wow. Awesome!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
Took some pics today (about an hour ago) before the dark came.

Decided to play around a little with some lighting effects.

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
Welllll, this thread needs a revival, so let's see what I can do. Here are some recent shots of mine, a few of them experimentation with HDR with a really cheap $0.99 app from the app store. (for computers that is)

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
Brakkum,

I really liked those.. my favs were the black and white Trees and the Kitty shot..

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
I've been going through what I have shot lately - finally, I keep procrastinating when it comes to that. Here's one from the end of November, along with two shots from a misty morning in Ireland from sometime in December.

This one is 100% unedited:

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
Very cool!

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »

on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2011, 09:23:01 PM »
^ MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2011, 01:12:56 AM »

I want to steal this shot.

I MEAN very nice! Very very nice! :millahhhh

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »
playing around with some editing. going for a fantasy hdr sort of look. these places were truly mind-blowing when I first saw them

on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2011, 05:01:36 AM »
Great shots... every day I'm reminded how shitty Iowa is.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
More beautiful pics everyone!

Offline missedthepoint

• Ahh, I see now. Wait, what?
« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
Ooh some great photies from many in here particularly, in my opinion, from 7sb and Logical Nightmare.

I've not taken a single creative photo in the last year so here are a few from the 2 years previous.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
Absolutely beautiful, every single one of them is!

Amazing work!    :tup

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
I love that picture of the corks.  And the one that looks like a sparkler, what is that?  It looks so cool.