Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 313823 times)

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #315 on: November 30, 2011, 07:16:30 AM »
Given I don't know where you live, I have no idea. But it was released in Finland and one other country, I think, today/yesterday. I know one friend of miine who has a leaked version, and I refuse to give in. I want the gaddam album so bad.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2011, 07:17:41 AM »
Wait, so is it out over here?

I'm friends with Captain Jack Sparrow.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:36 AM »
I'm friends with Thor's weapon of choice.  You might remember that before getting booted over something so stupid.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:41 AM »
I'm friends with Thor's weapon of choice.  You might remember that before getting booted over something so stupid.

It's not like I said, "hey guys I just download teh new Nightwish album. Got it from this here site.com and totally didn't pay for and I aint gonna pay for cause I'm cool beans. Suck it you non Nightwish new album owning turd biscuits! RORORORORORORORO"

Now that would be stupid, amirite?

In fact, I could have received a promo copy for all you know. All I did was praise the album for crying out loud. I don't see what's so ban worthy about that. Care to explain?

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »
Hate to interrupt, but I'm pretty sure this is the Nightwish Thread.
So let's talk about Nightwish.

Does anyone know when the music video for Storytime will be released?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »

It's not like I said, "hey guys I just download teh new Nightwish album. Got it from this here site.com and totally didn't pay for and I aint gonna pay for cause I'm cool beans. Suck it you non Nightwish new album owning turd biscuits! RORORORORORORORO"

Now that would be stupid, amirite?

In fact, I could have received a promo copy for all you know. All I did was praise the album for crying out loud. I don't see what's so ban worthy about that. Care to explain?

Yeah, it would be.  But so is admitting you pirated it, even indirectly.  You've been here long enough to either know the rules or know where to find them and read them. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
2b. With regard to "leaked" material, you are not allowed to discuss the leaking or sharing of an album by any artist, or that an album has leaked.  In addition to the above, with regard to Dream Theater and side-projects by the members of Dream Theater, you may not discuss the leaked material whatsoever.  For other bands, you can in most cases discuss the content of the leaked material as long as you do not reference the leak, where you obtained the material, or sharing the leaked material.

Did neither of these. Nanny nanny poo poo.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
Tuomas really looks like a creep in that picture.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2011, 08:04:11 AM »
I agree. Moreover, where are his hands?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
2b. With regard to "leaked" material, you are not allowed to discuss the leaking or sharing of an album by any artist, or that an album has leaked.  In addition to the above, with regard to Dream Theater and side-projects by the members of Dream Theater, you may not discuss the leaked material whatsoever.  For other bands, you can in most cases discuss the content of the leaked material as long as you do not reference the leak, where you obtained the material, or sharing the leaked material.

Zook, yes you did.  You referenced that you pirated the material.  That is more than enough to get you banned--especially since you have been down to your last warning for quite some time now.  Even though I've defended you in the past and advocated to keep you on the board, you've been around long enough to know this by now, and I'm done talking about it with you.

"In that picture?"  Hate to break it to you, but he's been creepy pretty much forever.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
I have a man crush on Tuomas.

No, seriously. I do.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »

No, seriously. I do.

Best way to get him interested in you is to say you aren't interested and treat him like crap.  Getting married to someone else also helps take things to the next level.

This thread made me want to listen to some good Nightwish.  So I'm listening to End of an Era and pretending like Dark Passion Play doesn't exist.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »

"In that picture?"  Hate to break it to you, but he's been creepy pretty much forever.
Been creepy isn't the same as looking like a creep.  He looks fine in a lot of pictures.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »

Zook, yes you did.  You referenced that you pirated the material.  That is more than enough to get you banned--especially since you have been down to your last warning for quite some time now.  Even though I've defended you in the past and advocated to keep you on the board, you've been around long enough to know this by now, and I'm done talking about it with you.

Are you talking about the joke quote I posted. Does that really count? Whatever, carry on.

Nightwish is cool, yo.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »

No, seriously. I do.

Best way to get him interested in you is to say you aren't interested and treat him like crap.  Getting married to someone else also helps take things to the next level.

Maybe he'll end up writing you a personal letter (but then post it for the world) about how distant and selfish you'll become.  And it will come after a very important night in your life.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
This is related to Nightwish: Has anyone listened to For My Pain? It's a collaboration Tuomas did with 3 member of Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Lauri of Embraze/Charon, and Juha Kylmanen (who has sung guest vocals with ETOS and would later become the lead singer for Finnish Goth rock band Reflexion).

It's really, really amazing. The album is called Fallen, and it's deep, rich, dense Gothic metal with a symphonic backdrop thanks to Tuomas. It's not just a Nightwish clone, though. It's its own thing entirely. I highly recommend it, as it's one of my all-time favorite albums.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
I didnt realize the album was out already in some parts of the world. Ive been watching the Storytime video on youtube a lot.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
Listened to all of Imaginaerum today. Pretty good album, definitely gets better towards the end. Last Ride Of The Day and Song Of Myself are both fantastic songs, best on the album for sure. Still not a huge fan of the 2nd half of Song Of Myself, but once you get used to it it's actually quite beautiful.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
Listened to all of Imaginaerum today. Pretty good album, definitely gets better towards the end. Last Ride Of The Day and Song Of Myself are both fantastic songs, best on the album for sure. Still not a huge fan of the 2nd half of Song Of Myself, but once you get used to it it's actually quite beautiful.

I hope you live in the UK or someone's gonna geta hurt real bad.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

Sorry if I misinterpreted that rule or whatever, seems pretty straightforward to me...
Plus if the album's already officially released in certain parts of the world, shouldn't it be past the state of leakage?
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »

Sorry if I misinterpreted that rule or whatever, seems pretty straightforward to me...
Plus if the album's already officially released in certain parts of the world, shouldn't it be past the state of leakage?

Well, as long as you don't make any joke quotes I guess.

Anyway, The album does rule. I'll most definitely buy this. SO MANY CDS, SO LITTLE MONEY!

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »
So the album is officially out in Europe. (Wtf, why a whole 'nother month for the States?) From what I've heard so far, I have to say I prefer DPP. I still have a lot left to listen to though.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
This might interest some people in North America...

There is a LEGAL way to get the album Tuesday.  If you pre-order the Nightwish bundle from Roadrunner Records you get to download the album Tuesday.  Here's a link:  https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/NIGHTWISH-Imaginaerum-CD-T-shirt-Litho-Bundle

I'm thinking about it...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
Album is quite different, more symphonic and less operatic vocals. The album has a musical feel to it with the style of singing amd the duets. Lots of kid choir background vocals. My first listen was very meh, but the second listen gave
me a big smile. Very catchy tunes, I cant get them out of my head. Also Storytime from the youtube video is just the single version, the album version is a minute longer.

Offline Shattered Glass

« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »
got it on Saturday in Australia - my wife and I are listening to it at our respective workplaces at the same time :)  it's just so good ....   :D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
Got my copy yesterday.  I haven't listened to it yet.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
This might interest some people in North America...

There is a LEGAL way to get the album Tuesday.  If you pre-order the Nightwish bundle from Roadrunner Records you get to download the album Tuesday.  Here's a link:  https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/NIGHTWISH-Imaginaerum-CD-T-shirt-Litho-Bundle

I'm thinking about it...

Hmm.  I'm "thinking about it" as well, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do it.  It's nice to have the album early, but I'm not willing to pay $33, plus whatever the shipping is, just to have an album early.  So it was really all about the extras.  And I have to say, the extras really aren't doing anything for me.  For those who are hardcore fans, it's a pretty good deal.  But even though the shirt makes it a good value for someone who would buy one of their shirts, I wouldn't buy one, so it's not something I value.  Same with the litho.  I don't really care much about the instrumental tracks.  And the bonus tracks, unfortunately, aren't compelling either.  It would be cool if they were totally new tracks, but they're only demos of existing tracks.  Not something I need.  So I think I'll wait and just pick it up out here when I get get the standard release anywhere from probably $11.99 to $14.99 and save more than $20, which I can spend on some other music I actually want.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Album is quite different, more symphonic and less operatic vocals.
Did you forget about Dark Passion Play?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
Album is quite different, more symphonic and less operatic vocals.
Did you forget about Dark Passion Play?
I can't speak for him, but as for me, trust me when I say I've tried.

:biggrin:

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2011, 07:57:53 AM »
I'll sympathize with zook somewhat as it's nice to have things early and show off, but there isn't much wiggle room in the rules.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
I didnt forgot about DPP, but its more symphonic and the vocals are less operatic. I think Annette sounds very different on this album.  She uses some styles that I have no seen in Nightwish before.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
I'm really confused on how she could sound less operatic.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »
You will just have to listen, Im probably not describing it correctly, but I find her style to be different. I find that the album doesnt have individual tracks that stand out, but the album as a whole is really amazing.  I wish there were more solos, thats what made wishmaster such a great album.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
I heard an interesting POV yesterday about Anette being in the band. Apparently, some finnish people still can't handle the fact that there's a swede in Nightwish. My cousin across the pond in Finland is guilty of this, and she says that if you're not finnish you wouldn't understand. Anybody else know what she's talking about?

Cause I don't. And I'm half finnish.