Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 316370 times)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Good stuff! And assuming the album's lyrics are in line with the film subject, it could be quite interesting and not just Tuomas whining about Tarja all the time.

Did you read the description above?  It's about not wanting to grow old so he can continue his Tarja obsession FOREVER.

Hot damn Bosk, you're really bitter. :lol
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »
I have just come from the future, and I have seen the movie, and it was pretty good.

It had a HUGE cast too, no wonder they spent so much time on it. Seriously, Christopher Plumber, Andrew Garfield, Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Collin Ferrel, Tom Waits...........great cast.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
I don't believe you.  If you really had come from the future with information about the movie, you'd be charging us for it or something like that. 

Though, if you are from the future and from after the year 2015, will the Cubs nab a World Series by then?

Online Adami

« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »
I don't believe you.  If you really had come from the future with information about the movie, you'd be charging us for it or something like that. 

Racism, reported.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
I have just come from the future, and I have seen the movie, and it was pretty good.

It had a HUGE cast too, no wonder they spent so much time on it. Seriously, Christopher Plumber, Andrew Garfield, Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Collin Ferrel, Tom Waits...........great cast.

Hey that looks like the cast to-- Oh I get it ha ha ha you're quite the stinker, Adami.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »
Racism, reported.
I didn't say anything that would be considered racism.

As far as I know, you're a probably some white guy in his mid-20s looking for a way to pay off his college debt by BS-ing knowledge of the future. 

Online Adami

« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
Racism, reported.

As far as I know, you're a probably some white guy in his mid-20s looking for a way to pay off his college debt by BS-ing knowledge of the future. 

Incest. Reported.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »
Racism, reported.

Incest. Reported.
I have no means of committing incest.  I have no female (or male) siblings, and any cousins of mine are strangers I've never met in Ohio, or near-strangers I last met in Massachusetts in 2000. 

Online Adami

« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Dude did you just transformer into a woman? Or did a mod screw with your profile?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2011, 01:19:38 AM »
From le Facebook page:

"The first single: "Storytime"

The new Nightwish single called "Storytime" will be released on Friday, the 11th of November. Presale will start soon!

The whole album tracklist with teasers of each song and the album release date will follow in a week. Stay tuned!"

:caffeine:

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:32 AM »
This is random, but I hope the album cover isn't the movie poster. Even though the concept is awesome, the colors look way too similar to DPP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2011, 08:23:06 AM »
Don't worry.  No band would use the same color scheme and general art layout for two consecutive album covers. 

https://www.leaveseyes.de/discography/#Discography

Or three...  Or four... Or...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
Is Leave's Eyes any good?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2011, 12:15:24 PM »
I like them, but I feel they get redundant after awhile.  If you've heard one album from them, you aren't really going to hear anything new.  I would recommend the Vinland Saga album as an introduction to the band.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »
I'd be content with the 'storytime' single artwork as the album cover. Looks pretty cool. Hopefully the actual album cover will be even better though. Here's to an epic Nightwish disc!!  :tup

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »
I'll echo Bosk regarding Vinland Saga, it's their best album.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »
I would have prefered Imaginarium Of Fire.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2011, 02:00:15 AM »
Official tracklisting/artwork for Imaginaerum

01  Taikatalvi
02  Storytime
03  Ghost River
04  Slow, Love, Slow
05  I Want My Tears Back
06  Scaretale
07  Arabesque
08  Turn Loose The Mermaids
09  Rest Calm
10  The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
11  Last Ride Of The Day
12  Song Of Myself
13  Imaginaerum

Courtesy of the offical Nightwish website https://nightwish.com/en/imaginaerumteaser

The artwork is AMAZING  :metal  :metal  :metal

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2011, 02:33:35 AM »
The artwork reminds me of Deconstruction. Very cool.

Although I have to admit, I lol'd at the title "I Want My Tears Back."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2011, 02:40:21 AM »
The artwork reminds me of Deconstruction. Very cool.

Although I have to admit, I lol'd at the title "I Want My Tears Back."

I think that's one of the cooler song titles.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2011, 02:43:39 AM »
Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with it.

edit: nevermind, didn't notice the track-by-track breakdown is in the link you posted.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:49:42 AM by Gadough »

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163437

Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will release their new album, "Imaginaerum", in the U.S. on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 via Roadrunner Records; in Finland on Wednesday, November 30 and the rest of Europe on Friday, December 2 via Nuclear Blast Records.

"Imaginaerum" track listing:

01. Taikatalvi
02. Storytime
03. Ghost River
04. Slow, Love, Slow
05. I Want My Tears Back
06. Scaretale
07. Arabesque
08. Turn Loose The Mermaids
09. Rest Calm
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
11. Last Ride Of The Day
12. Song Of Myself
13. Imaginaerum

A track-by-track breakdown of the album by NIGHTWISH keyboardist/mainman Tuomas Holopainen can be found at Metalhammer.co.uk.

Regarding the "Imaginaerum" cover artwork, which can be seen below, Tuomas Holopainen said, "Originally, this was supposed to be the centerfold image of the album, but once I and some mates saw the final image, we immediately knew that the hunt for the actual cover artwork was over. I believe this is Toxic Angel's finest piece of work yet, capturing the deepest essence of what 'Imaginaerum' is all about. The power of imagination and places of wordless wonders, magic and awe, of longing and the surreal.

"I emphasized from the start that not a single living thing should be seen in the picture, and Toxic was able to create that sublime but desolate, 'all this waiting for you, and you only' feeling.

"All you need is the courage to enter."

NIGHTWISH recently spent time not only putting finishing touches to the "Imaginaerum" album, but also planning a movie of the same name.

"Imaginaerum" is one of the projects which recently received grants from the Finnish government institution called the Finnish Film Foundation. The movie, directed by Stobe Harju, about an old man on his deathbed who glimpses a childhood dream in which he refuses to grow old, and fights aging with his imagination, will get $575,000 toward its $3.7 million budget.

NIGHTWISH's new single, "Storytime", will be released on Friday, November 11 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Regarding the musical direction of the forthcoming album, NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon wrote on her official blog, "I think it's a great and varied CD. The feelings in it are great and there are a lot of elements in it, so I am sure it will have many different favorite songs for the listeners since the songs are so different in styles and sound. [2007's] 'Dark Passion Play' is a great album and this one, too, so I don't know yet which one I like more, but, of course, for me personally, this one feels better to do since the songs are more adjusted to my voice and my style."

NIGHTWISH will kick off the "Imaginaerum" world tour in Los Angeles. The very first show of the trek will take place at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on Saturday, January 21. This will be the biggest NIGHTWISH show production ever on North American soil and strictly a one-off — there will be no U.S. tour until later in 2012.

The different release dates is stupid. I mean now, instead of buying it, guess what I'll be doing with my computer on November 30th?

Online Adami

« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
Jesus a 6 week difference? The hell is the point of that?

But yea, I'll just find a finnish release on amazon or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
Yeah, that delay is crazy.  I doubt it has anything to do with the band themselves, but still. 

On another note, album art rarely bothers me, and unless it is something outright offensive, I generally don't really give it much of a second thought.  But for some reason I can't explain, it bugs me a bit when album art really starts to look alike from album to album, and duplicating the exact color scheme and graphic style from the last album fits that category for me.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
While the band left a pretty bad taste in my mouth from how the handled the Tarja situation, enough time has passed now since DPP that I don't feel inclined to keep holding that against them. Hopefully things have kinda returned to normal and they're back to writing music from their hearts (rather than their egos) again. Some of DPP was Nightwish by numbers, but some of it was brilliant. So, no reason to completely rule this out.

And the movie's big budget is reassuring. It hopefully won't be like some Sci-Fi original movie quality thing  ;D

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
Even if it is that quality, I'd still go see it. Just reading about the plot and the progression of the story, in Holopainen we trust.

And...

I would have prefered Imaginarium Of Fire.
:rollin

Offline Snow_Dog

• Wave after wave
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
So I picked up Once and Oceanborn. Tried to get into this band before and didn't "get" Tarja's singing, so Dark Passion Play was a nice surprise for me. I really like a few songs on that album. I just finished listening to Oceanborn, and something must have clicked this time because it was AWESOME this time around. Looking forward to hearing Once, as well as Imaginaerum  ;D 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »
So I picked up Once and Oceanborn. Tried to get into this band before and didn't "get" Tarja's singing, so Dark Passion Play was a nice surprise for me. I really like a few songs on that album. I just finished listening to Oceanborn, and something must have clicked this time because it was AWESOME this time around. Looking forward to hearing Once, as well as Imaginaerum  ;D

Oceanborn is good  Once is great. Century Child is the best them.  get that disc if you don't have it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Snow_Dog

• Wave after wave
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
I most likely will. Really digging what I've heard so far.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
Century Child is the best them. 

You are correct sir.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
Teaser for "Storytime" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YhaJK8TC4 courtesy of the official nightwish website.

Sounds different, and that melody is extremely catchy!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »
Teaser for "Storytime" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YhaJK8TC4 courtesy of the official nightwish website.

I like it.  But I'm not sure why you say it sounds different.  Even without recognizing Anette's voice, if I heard that on the radio and didn't know who it was, I would say, "oh, sounds just like Nightwish."  I'm not hearing anything "different" in that clip.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
I agree, very much a Nightwish sounding song.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

I like it.  But I'm not sure why you say it sounds different.  Even without recognizing Anette's voice, if I heard that on the radio and didn't know who it was, I would say, "oh, sounds just like Nightwish."  I'm not hearing anything "different" in that clip.

Oh, the music of course sounds like them. Maybe it's just me, but Anette's tone sounds different even though I like it too!

Can't wait to hear the 'jazz swing' that Tuomas promised on this album!  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
Not bad, but I hear what you're saying about Annette... she sounds like a child, and kinda hollow.  Now, I'll profess to having very strong preference for Tarja over her, but DPP was pretty good vocally.  Hopefully this isn't representative of the entire album.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion