Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 312644 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
What the fuck is with all the hate for DPP? It's my favorite album of them by far.......

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
It isn't obvious that a new singer, with a notably different style to boot, might put off some fans towards an album?

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 12:42:16 PM »
DPP is the one album by them I listen to the most probably.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
The Islander and The Last Of The Wilds are what make DPP for me
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »

You must not be a big nightwish fan. Either that or you're not a big Anette fan.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
ok, so what if Tarja sang on DPP, would everyone love it? No matter WHO sang on the album, it would still be my favorite. IMO, it's musically superior, and the most powerful in every aspect.

Which brings me to my next point, and forgive me if I'm out of line: Fuck the whole "Tarja vs. Anette" debate. Nightwish is Nightwish. Like MP and DT, Tarja has moved on and people need to accept it. I love both singers equally.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, it's just how I feel on the subject.

Offline Adami

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
I've actually grown quite tired of Tarja. After her new album, and seeing some recent live clips, she has really lost alot of the control she used to have.

That said, Anette sounds great on the album, but HORRIBLE live. SO horrible in fact that it's hard to look forward to new nightwish.

Tarja would sound terrible on a good number of songs from DPP, save for songs like Eva and such. Anette fits it much better. And I like DPP, I just feel it lacks the heart that they used to have.

It seems they found a routine/formula are just sticking with it for now. I can only hope they change things up on the next CD.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

You must not be a big nightwish fan. Either that or you're not a big Anette fan.

I am, those are my favorites on that album. And I like Anette's vocals on some songs, even the old ones I prefer her vocals over Tarja's, just the way she phrases some parts. My favorite Nightwish song is The Siren, which is way better on End of an Era. Century Child is my fav. album of theirs, so many great songs on it.

Which brings me to my next point, and forgive me if I'm out of line: Fuck the whole "Tarja vs. Anette" debate. Nightwish is Nightwish. Like MP and DT, Tarja has moved on and people need to accept it. I love both singers equally.

Why not make a poster or something. Because its fans outside of DTF that can't seem to get off of her nuts. I just ignore it. If I were Nightiwish, just to mess with the fans, should play all of DPP and no Tarja stuff, then those same fans would say, why didn't they play older songs blah blah blah whine whine whine.

off topic: Yup, most bands should never listen to fans who expect something in return. Which is what Never Enough's lyrics are about, those ungrateful fans who suck your blood dry until you just say enough. No more of this band I quit. Which is what they want. So it's good to ignore everyone, make the album you want. 
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »

I am, those are my favorites on that album. And I like Anette's vocals on some songs, even the old ones I prefer her vocals over Tarja's, just the way she phrases some parts. My favorite Nightwish song is The Siren, which is way better on End of an Era. Century Child is my fav. album of theirs, so many great songs on it.

Why not make a poster or something. Because its fans outside of DTF that can't seem to get off of her nuts. I just ignore it. If I were Nightiwish, just to mess with the fans, should play all of DPP and no Tarja stuff, then those same fans would say, why didn't they play older songs blah blah blah whine whine whine.

off topic: Yup, most bands should never listen to fans who expect something in return. Which is what Never Enough's lyrics are about, those ungrateful fans who suck your blood dry until you just say enough. No more of this band I quit. Which is what they want. So it's good to ignore everyone, make the album you want. 

Well said, man. I'm not taking any sides, but I agree with you there. Make what you want to make.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
I LOVE Tarja in some songs much more (Phantom  :heart) but Anette is incredible too. I try not to compare them, but just enjoy their music individually.

Offline jsem

« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »
DPP is a great album, but the band was better with Tarja. Once > DPP

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »
The next album will surely surpass DPP in terms of vocals since they'll have Annettes voice in mind.

Offline Adami

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2010, 12:09:24 AM »
The next album will surely surpass DPP in terms of vocals since they'll have Annettes voice in mind.

I don't see why. I don't think he considers anyones voice when he writes.

Especially considering that Marco seems to Demo most of the vocals these days anyway.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »

I don't see why. I don't think he considers anyones voice when he writes.

Especially considering that Marco seems to Demo most of the vocals these days anyway.

Anette did all of the demos for this one.

Offline Adami

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »
The new CD?

Marco demoed everything. And then anette did.

Not sure why.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
I think Marco had to since Anette was busy with her newborn. It makes sense that way.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2010, 02:40:49 AM »
Tarja's solo stuff is really good. I almost don't care about Nightwish anymore.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »
Dead Boy's Poem...

:'(  So awesome.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2010, 02:29:21 AM »
DPP is the one album by them I listen to the most probably.

This.

adami

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
Wishmaster is the best them.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:32 AM »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »
I think I've asked this question before (it may have been in this thread) but what's up with the horrible sound quality of Over the Hills and Far Away? Is the music video just poor quality or is the song really that compressed? It sounds terrible and ruins an otherwise great song.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »
I think I've asked this question before (it may have been in this thread) but what's up with the horrible sound quality of Over the Hills and Far Away? Is the music video just poor quality or is the song really that compressed? It sounds terrible and ruins an otherwise great song.
I think its just the audio quality of it on Youtube (if that's what you're referring to). The album version sounds perfectly clear.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
I think its just the audio quality of it on Youtube (if that's what you're referring to). The album version sounds perfectly clear.

Yeah, which version are you listening to?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
This one

Sounds like shit.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Adami

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »
This one

Sounds like shit.

Oh good god it does. I honestly can't remember what the cd sounds like since I haven't listened to it in forever, but I doubt it was that bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »
The new album is called "Imaginarium" and since it's a concept album, they will be making it into a movie to be released next year.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
Bump!!!

Decided to listen to Dark Passion Play and Once as soon as possible. Should be cool. I always liked this style of metal but never really tried to get into it. And yeah...I am aware of the different chicks. From what I have heard from both styles, I dig the newer one more.

Offline Summers

« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »
Bump!!!

Decided to listen to Dark Passion Play and Once as soon as possible. Should be cool. I always liked this style of metal but never really tried to get into it. And yeah...I am aware of the different chicks. From what I have heard from both styles, I dig the newer one more.

Welcome to symphonic metal... the best metal  :metal

Check out Epica as well.  Heavier than Nightwish and a different style.  I got into symphonic metal through Nightwish first of all, took me a long time to get into other bands because I was a bit put off before by growled vocals, but now Epica are probably my favourite. 

Looking forward to Imaginarium, been a long time coming though...  and now Tuomas has said it will probably be early 2012.  5 years, very long album gap.  It better be bloody good! 
Getting awful crowded in my sky.

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »
I'll second Epica too. Good stuff, especially their last album. DDP and Once are both very good but my favorite is still Oceanborn.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
I will third Epica, but the growls took awhile to get into, however thier music and Simone are just too good to not listen to.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
Epica was hit and miss with me, but then I gave "The Divine Conspiracy" more attention. Now I want to pick up Consign to Oblivion and Design Your Universe.

Bump!!!

Thank God! More love for Anette.

And I recommend Within Temptation. Their later stuff is more symphonic, but the their total discography is grand.

Offline Adami

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »
I forgot what Within Temptations first CD sounded like, but their second CD is way more symphonic than anything else they have done.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:41 AM »
^Enter was more gothic and experimental than anything else they've done. Mother Earth was their breakthrough and rightly so they would have symphonies up the ass  :tup

Edit: Are you counting The Dance as their second or ME?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
Have not listened to Once yet, but Dark Passion Play is awesome. Not really a bad song on it. I think they should do more dual singing ala Bye Bye Beautiful. I think my favorite song on the album though would be Aramanth.