Author Topic: Blastoise vs Bowser  (Read 62220 times)

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
Re: Blastoise vs Bowser
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »
Besides, if Bowser gets to use minions and weapons, then Blastoise should be able to tag team with other pokemon and use items.

Nah. that would be beat. He already has TM and HM moves. Bowser is allowed his minions.

But the minions don't do anything really.

They are distractions.Blastoise would have to acknowledge them at some point.

But wouldn't one good surf just take them all out?
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »
Besides, if Bowser gets to use minions and weapons, then Blastoise should be able to tag team with other pokemon and use items.

Nah. that would be beat. He already has TM and HM moves. Bowser is allowed his minions.

Not the ghost or sun, they fly.

I just realized something that I am surprised hasn't been addressed yet. Bowser is a fucking turtle! Fire or not, all he has to do it crawl into his shell and take the water. If Blastoise used surf, bowser could probably take it like a champ. Nothing on Bowser is actually fire, unlike the pokemon that had fire on their bodies, (charmander and evolved forms, Moltres, Magmar, etc....) Bowser only exhales hire, much like Gyradose did. At best Blastoise would repel it with water, and that's it. Bowsers fire could at least burn Blastoise, and it would interrupt his vision, allowing Boswer to strike. It would come down to overall strength, and I think Bowser has it.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »
Blastoise could turtle as well, if he had to.
In that case, I think it would come down to cannons vs. spikes.

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »
This is such an epic thread. I love how seriously this is being analyzed.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

Yeah. It's become such a heated debate.

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2009, 10:58:18 AM »
Well, what are the arguments for both sides up to now?

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »

I just realized something that I am surprised hasn't been addressed yet. Bowser is a fucking turtle! Fire or not, all he has to do it crawl into his shell and take the water. If Blastoise used surf, bowser could probably take it like a champ. Nothing on Bowser is actually fire, unlike the pokemon that had fire on their bodies, (charmander and evolved forms, Moltres, Magmar, etc....) Bowser only exhales hire, much like Gyradose did. At best Blastoise would repel it with water, and that's it. Bowsers fire could at least burn Blastoise, and it would interrupt his vision, allowing Boswer to strike. It would come down to overall strength, and I think Bowser has it.

Alright, here's the deal. If Bowser if Fire type, Blastoise gets a x6 damage bonus on hydro pump. With rain dance this is increased even more. If Bowser is normal type, Blastoise' attacks do normal damage. If Bowser is dragon type, Bowser does x0.5 damage, but does normal damage with Skull Bash. If Bowser is dragon/fire type, Bowser does normal damage with both hydro pump and skull bash. Plus he's got the ability to raise his defense. I think Blastoise has got this one.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »

Alright, here's the deal. If Bowser if Fire type, Blastoise gets a x6 damage bonus on hydro pump. With rain dance this is increased even more. If Bowser is normal type, Blastoise' attacks do normal damage. If Bowser is dragon type, Bowser does x0.5 damage, but does normal damage with Skull Bash. If Bowser is dragon/fire type, Bowser does normal damage with both hydro pump and skull bash. Plus he's got the ability to raise his defense. I think Blastoise has got this one.

Bowser is does not have a type, he is not a pokemon, hes a dinosaur. Imagine its Blastoise fighting a T-rex....

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »

Next, Yoshi vs. Venusaur!
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »

Next, Yoshi vs. Venusaur!

Venusaur within the first 15 seconds

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
venusaur deffinatly, im sorry i love Yoshi but venusaur would just brutaly rape him. i mean he has razor leaf, like the single greatest attack ever.

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »
Magikarp vs Pirahna Plant!

Which one is more incompetent!?!
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
Magikarp vs Pirahna Plant!

Which one is more incompetent!?!

Lol :lol

How about Voltorb vs. Bomb-omb?
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
How about Voltorb vs. Bomb-omb?

ftw
My Soundclick Page

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
This thread is SO EPIC.

I just mentioned this discussion to my boyfriend just because I thought he would think it was funny, but now were discussing it for ourselves. He's for Blastoise, I'm for Bowser.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
venusaur deffinatly, im sorry i love Yoshi but venusaur would just brutaly rape him. i mean he has razor leaf, like the single greatest attack ever.

Don't forget hyper beam.

Offline ZachyDou

• Keyboard wizard in training
  • "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Alright, lets say Bowser isn't a "fire" type. Then Blastoise doesnt have an "advantage", but its still better than Bowser's fire against Blastoise. That just wont do jack shit.
That leaves it to a straight up fist fight, and honestly, Blastoise would kick his ass if we were looking at it that way.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2009, 04:53:59 PM »

Alright, lets say Bowser isn't a "fire" type. Then Blastoise doesnt have an "advantage", but its still better than Bowser's fire against Blastoise. That just wont do jack shit.
That leaves it to a straight up fist fight, and honestly, Blastoise would kick his ass if we were looking at it that way.

Go to the nearest aquarium and hit a turtle with a flame thrower. Go back in time and spray a hose at a t-rex.... which one would do more damage?

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
bowser =/= t rex
My Soundclick Page

Offline ZachyDou

• "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »

Go to the nearest aquarium and hit a turtle with a flame thrower. Go back in time and spray a hose at a t-rex.... which one would do more damage?

Even though I see your point, thats not really a fair comparison.
Why are you comparing Bowser to a flamethrower, and Blastoise to a hose?
And Blastoise gets to stay a turtle, but suddenly Bowser is a fucking T-Rex?

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
^This^
The analogies are clearly not working.

I think we may all need to wait until Super Smash Bros 4, where Blastoise will surely be a character, solely for the purpose of figuring out this debate.

We battle 'em. The winner is the superior fighter.

Offline Edan the Man

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I got my special savin' the world boots on
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »
Since it keeps coming up, lets clear this bit up:
Its fine to not apply Pokemon battle mechanics to Bowser, he's not a Pokemon. So we can't assume water will have any extra effect on him. Blastoise however, IS a Pokemon, and a water type, so fire doesn't do shit to him. That's just one of his natural properties, so no matter what rules  we go by, it holds true that fire won't hurt Blastoise (or only hurts a tiny amount, if you wanna get technical here).

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
Its fine to not apply Pokemon battle mechanics to Bowser, he's not a Pokemon. So we can't assume water will have any extra effect on him. Blastoise however, IS a Pokemon, and a water type, so fire doesn't do shit to him. That's just one of his natural properties, so no matter what rules  we go by, it holds true that fire won't hurt Blastoise (or only hurts a tiny amount, if you wanna get technical here).

Agreed.
And if we let Bowser have his minions, and any magic stuff he may possess, then Blastoise is allowed any Pokeperks. So items, trainer logic, and pokemon allies should be allowed on his part.

Offline Shadoshi

• Slave of Dimitrius
  • Co-dependent much?
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 06:14:10 AM »

Agreed. Guys, seriously think about it. In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Bowser swam all the way through an entire ocean and only complained about swallowing a blooper. Obviously water is no match for him. And I would know. After all, I had Goombella as my avatar for over a year here once.

Offline ZachyDou

• "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2009, 06:18:48 AM »
Still, he's not a T-Rex. And Edan has a valid point. In the Pokemon world, fire does nothing to water.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:03 AM »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:45 AM »
My bad guys, when I was referring to a t-rex I was in the middle of class trying not to break eye contact with my teacher, I was typiin fast and not thinking, for some reason I forgot bowser was a turtle and thought he was a dinosaur.

Offline ZachyDou

• "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2009, 06:28:09 AM »
:lolpalm:

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59:12 AM »

Offline Space Invader

• DTF.org Member

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
It took me a whole page of this thread before I jumped over to Wikipedia to figure out who/what a Blastoise was. I don’t understand all that Pokemon stuff, so I can’t rule on this battle. But I will say that Bowser has always been a rather undemanding enemy in the Nintendo universe. I mean, seriously, in SMB, all you had to do was run under him when he jumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOcixShtD5o

And holy shit was this hilarious. I love the voices all the minions have, especially the ghost.

And I always liked SMB2. It wasn’t the best SMB game, but it didn’t suck.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline robwebster

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
CLEARLY Blastoise.

More excitingly...

vs.

Oh yes. Bring the noise.

Offline Space Invader

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:42 AM »
They can't really hit each other, can they?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2009, 11:19:28 AM »
Ghost is super effective against ghost. They can maim each other pretty savagely.

I've got a hunch Boo'd win it at this level, but then if you compare King Boo to this monstrosity, there's not even a contest.