Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (Star Three on the way)  (Read 380973 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Thread (ItEC LIVE Announced)
« Reply #2240 on: October 15, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
What I hope they'll do: Perfection?, Lost in the New Real, Endless Sea/The Moment/New Horizons, Passion, Ashes, 24 Hours

What I think they'll do: Twisted Coil, Pink Beatles, Endless Sea, Passion, Cold Metal, Intergalactic Space Crusaders (yep, again)

Arjen mentioned in the comments they won't be digging up obscure tracks and will probably stick with what people love from these albums.

edit: do you guys think there's a real possibility of the shows selling out on the 24th? Because the more I think about it, the more I don't want to miss it, so I might have to actually pre-order the re-released earbook. Also, which show are we buying the tickets to? The Saturday one?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:09:14 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2241 on: October 15, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »
I'm hoping to go 9/14 since that's my birthday. My first time buying tickets for a show like this. The fact that it's GA is nice. And I did the pre-order. Hope I get a ticket.

Trying to convince Jackie to come too, but we'll see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2242 on: October 15, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
That is great news! I am hoping for:

Gentle Storm: Shores of India, the Gentle version (would be a great moment with Anneke and beautiful vocal harmonies with other female singers at the end)
Solo: Pink Beatles (just a super catchy song)
Guilt Machine: Perfection? (my favorite track of Guilt Machine)
Star One: Song of the Ocean (there are much better Star One songs, but this one is a fun singalong in a live setting)
Stream of Passion: Out in the Real World (I think this one works really well live)
Ambeon: High (my favourite Ambeon song, and distinct from many of his other songs)

But I think it will probably other songs.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2243 on: October 15, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
edit: do you guys think there's a real possibility of the shows selling out on the 24th? Because the more I think about it, the more I don't want to miss it, so I might have to actually pre-order the re-released earbook.

The Ayreon Universe was a success beyond all expectations. I think it will eventually sell out. If you wanna go, book tickets now I'd say.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2244 on: October 15, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »
I have no idea whether mrs.jingle and I will/can plan a European trip at this time, but I'm getting a ticket (or two) just to be safe.  I'm sure I'll have no problem unloading it come next Aug/Sept if it turns out we're not going.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2245 on: October 15, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »
edit: do you guys think there's a real possibility of the shows selling out on the 24th? Because the more I think about it, the more I don't want to miss it, so I might have to actually pre-order the re-released earbook.

The Ayreon Universe was a success beyond all expectations. I think it will eventually sell out. If you wanna go, book tickets now I'd say.

I mean it isn't the question of now vs 2019. It's a question of October 24th vs October 25th. Basically it's a question if I should pre-order a copy of an album that I already have, which will run me €80 with the shipping costs just to have a shot at tickets a day earlier than the rest of the world. Neither The Theater Equation nor Ayreon Universe had that system.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2246 on: October 15, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
Edit: sorry, my post was incorrect.

There are 3000 more tickets than Ayreon Universe, but there is the chance it will sell out I am afraid.

I do think there were more "bigger" names last time. I know some Nightwish fans that went because of Floor and Marco, for example. Furthermore, the sunday show took about a day to sell out after friday/saturday immediately sold out. But I don't want to be the guy that tells people tickets will be available while they are not.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:31:38 PM by ErHaO »

Online Adami

« Reply #2247 on: October 15, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
Edit: sorry, my post was incorrect.

There are 3000 more tickets than Ayreon Universe, but there is the chance it will sell out I am afraid.

I do think there were more "bigger" names last time. I know some Nightwish fans that went because of Floor and Marco, for example. Furthermore, the sunday show took about a day to sell out after friday/saturday immediately sold out. But I don't want to be the guy that tells people tickets will be available while they are not.

I am so happy your last post was incorrect, freaked me out haha.

Either way, i hope the whole pre-sale thing is easy since I'm new to this and don't want to miss out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2248 on: October 16, 2018, 02:35:13 AM »
That is great news! I am hoping for:

Gentle Storm: Shores of India, the Gentle version (would be a great moment with Anneke and beautiful vocal harmonies with other female singers at the end)
Solo: Pink Beatles (just a super catchy song)
Guilt Machine: Perfection? (my favorite track of Guilt Machine)
Star One: Song of the Ocean (there are much better Star One songs, but this one is a fun singalong in a live setting)
Stream of Passion: Out in the Real World (I think this one works really well live)
Ambeon: High (my favourite Ambeon song, and distinct from many of his other songs)

But I think it will probably other songs.

If Astrid van der Veen shows up people (and I'm one of them, no shame) are going to cry. She'll knock  'em dead too.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2249 on: October 16, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
She won't though, they have the list of singers on the website and I think Simone will be performing Ambeon material. Arjen also confirmed that on FB.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2250 on: October 16, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
I really hope he does Lift Off/Set Your Controls this time, as cool as Intergalactic Space Crusaders was live, i hope he offers something new this time around, and that one is brilliant to open the 2nd set with.

Online Adami

« Reply #2251 on: October 16, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
I really hope he does Lift Off/Set Your Controls this time, as cool as Intergalactic Space Crusaders was live, i hope he offers something new this time around, and that one is brilliant to open the 2nd set with.

Yea, I'd love any Star One song besides Space Crusaders. Not cause it doesn't rock, it does, but we have 3 versions of it live now. And, best I can remember, no songs from the 2nd Star One album have been played live.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2252 on: October 16, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
Star One... just please PLEASE something from the 2nd album. One of my only gripes about the first Ayreon show was that Star One already did a tour for the first album, give something from the 2nd album a live debut.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2253 on: October 16, 2018, 04:18:00 PM »
Star One... just please PLEASE something from the 2nd album. One of my only gripes about the first Ayreon show was that Star One already did a tour for the first album, give something from the 2nd album a live debut.

So long as it isn't It All Ends Here.  Anything but that please.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2254 on: October 16, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »

So long as it isn't It All Ends Here.  Anything but that please.
Wait, Iove that song. The section from 6:32 is one of Russells greatest, ending with that scream sooo epic.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2255 on: October 16, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »
I would say, since they did that on the star one shows I much rather hear Down the Rabbit Hole/Digital Rain. The song ain't that interesting but that synth intro leading to the drumfill into the song.  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2256 on: October 24, 2018, 02:17:50 AM »
Got my tickets for Saturday!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2257 on: October 24, 2018, 02:49:22 AM »
Got my tickets as well, huge thanks to Nick for ordering them.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2258 on: October 24, 2018, 03:07:53 AM »
Many thanks to Nick for getting mine as well. I’ll be there on the Saturday :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2259 on: October 24, 2018, 03:26:36 AM »
Many thanks to Nick for getting mine as well. I’ll be there on the Saturday :)

Saturday evening, correct?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2260 on: October 24, 2018, 03:28:18 AM »
Nevermind... didn't realize it's Sunday that has the afternoon show. 

Wow... VIP already sold out in 90 minutes.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2261 on: October 24, 2018, 03:41:22 AM »
The big meetup is on Saturday, yes.

I knew I had no chance to get any of the VIP tickets via the pre-sale on 25th, which is why I'm very grateful to Nick for getting them for me.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2262 on: October 24, 2018, 03:47:07 AM »
Guess I'll be watching it from the back - assuming I go at all.  Got two tickets just on the off chance I can convince mrs.jingle to join me at the show.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2263 on: October 24, 2018, 04:03:20 AM »
Guess I'll be watching it from the back - assuming I go at all.  Got two tickets just on the off chance I can convince mrs.jingle to join me at the show.

We all got regular tickets for Saturday to watch it together.  :tup But Nick and I also got VIPs for Friday to try and get a good place to watch the show.

I really hope you'll be there.

Online Adami

« Reply #2264 on: October 24, 2018, 06:17:55 AM »
God damn time zones. Overslept. VIP sold out but got a regular ticket for Saturday.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2265 on: October 24, 2018, 06:48:08 AM »
Well.. I don't like Ayreon that much but I'm looking forward to the meet-up again for sure, I should be able to make it on Saturday!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2266 on: October 24, 2018, 07:26:57 AM »
Got tickets for Thursday (rehearsal), Friday (VIP), and Saturday.

Like already mentioned Chad, last time on Saturday we got a big group together and hung back behind the soundboard where the floor starts to rise. Will be similar this time I'm sure. Even Jennie will be joining for that show.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #2267 on: October 24, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
Got the regular tickets for the Saturday show,going with my girl.

Online Adami

« Reply #2268 on: October 24, 2018, 12:53:23 PM »
If I end up making it there (really trying) I should point out that the Saturday show is my birthday.

So.....get me lots of stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2269 on: October 24, 2018, 01:19:06 PM »
If I end up making it there (really trying) I should point out that the Saturday show is my birthday.

We'll each bring you one DTF'r.  So... you'll get lots of stuff.

Online Adami

« Reply #2270 on: October 24, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »

We'll each bring you one DTF'r.  So... you'll get lots of stuff.

I'm keeping whatever you guys bring me. In case you have to notify loved ones or anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2271 on: October 24, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »

Man, I have just the thing.

(courtesy of my favourite local bar)

Edit: tickets for Thursday, Friday (VIP) and Saturday booked thanks to Nick, Airbnb booked, I'm pretty much ready for this!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:45:09 PM by Evermind »

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2272 on: October 25, 2018, 04:05:01 AM »
i got tickets for sunday! :)

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2273 on: October 25, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
Tickets for sunday bought.... woho!!!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2274 on: October 27, 2018, 08:35:40 AM »
Did anyone check out the remix yet? Sounds great, but to be honest I had no problem with the original. From one listen, I do like the (background) additions to the chorus of Amazing Flight.

Also, three shows sold out already  :metal Good to see these shows do well! It seems sunday will be the day the show(s) will be recorded.