Author Topic: Kamelot  (Read 150272 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Kamelot
« Reply #595 on: March 22, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Does anybody know when they will release a new live recording? In 013 Tilburg last year they said they were recording (something for a documentary or something like that?). It was a very good concert, so I certainly hope we get to hear some of it.

Well, they've announced "a very special intimate" show in Haarlem, Netherlands at the end of August, so that could be it.

Well, I am pretty sure they said they were recording that show itself last year.

That said, I already have the tickets to that intimate show too  ;D

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
Have watched some live videos with Kamelot and Alissa White-Gluz. She has a great stage presence among other things...  :biggrin: I knew she could growl but didn't really knew she also had a great clean voice. Although from the videos i've seen it's kind of hard to tell how in pitch she sings, not that I doubt her talent....just curious. Damn she can growl though, one of the best females i've heard.

Any good videos of her were you can actually her clean voice good would be nice to see!

Again she has a great stage presence among other things....  :zydar:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
Any good videos of her were you can actually her clean voice good would be nice to see!
Several videos of her with her first band The Agonist feature her clean singing voice quite a lot.

and don't get me wrong, but winkies and  :coolio 's aren't needed, we all know she's hot

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
Alissa is awesome. Probably one of my favorite female singers.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #599 on: June 14, 2014, 05:18:32 PM »
and don't get me wrong, but winkies and  :coolio 's aren't needed, we all know she's hot
*Sigh thought I was the only one there for a sec.  :P

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2014, 05:17:00 AM »
Not crazy about her growls mostly because im not crazy about growls in general, but her clean vocals are great and she adds a lot to the live Kamelot show.  Elyze and Alissa will be missed.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2014, 06:42:50 AM »
Elyze and Alissa will be missed.
I think Kam will always be working with them in some capacity. While they do like to switch between collaborators, they've been working with Amanda Somerville for ages, and Simone Simmons for at least five years before they started looking for more singers to collaborate with, so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them on stage as a part of a special event, or their bands as tour support, or to hear them on an album.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Deathless

« Reply #602 on: August 22, 2014, 11:16:37 AM »
Bumpage:

Guitarist Thomas Youngblood and keyboardist Oliver Palotai of American / German / Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT are in the Stuttgart area of Germany this week "working on the final parts of the next KAMELOT album," according to Youngblood. He adds: "It's going great and we have lots of music and ideas in store."

KAMELOT's follow-up to 2012's "Silverthorn" is tentatively due next spring via an as-yet-undetermined record label.

Read more at https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kamelot-putting-the-finishing-touches-on-songwriting-for-next-album/#zPejlIBpSrrixjmS.99

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: August 22, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »
Nice, saw that on facebook.  New Seventh Wonder and new Kamelot = my man crush with Tommy will overwhelm me

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #604 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
Suh-wheeeeet!!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #605 on: August 22, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
Nice, saw that on facebook.  New Seventh Wonder and new Kamelot = my man crush with Tommy will overwhelm me
If Seventh Wonder ever get round to putting out a full album  :lol Wouldn't be surprised if Kamelot got out an album before them at this rate. It could be a shame for Seventh Wonder if they end up a minor side project compared to Kamelot, considering they have my favourite album of the decade and were on course to become my favourite band...

But anyway, new Kamelot should be great too. A new album wasn't even on my radar (probably because I wouldn't start anticipating it until after Seventh Wonder, and it has been held up for a bit) but I'll be eagerly anticipating it.

I have been on a bit of a Kamelot kick recently funnily enough, listening to The Black Halo and Epica earlier today. They are still my favourites from them, but I wouldn't be that surprised if an album with Tommy surpassed them.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: August 22, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
I have been on a bit of a Kamelot kick recently funnily enough, listening to The Black Halo and Epica earlier today. They are still my favourites from them, but I wouldn't be that surprised if an album with Tommy surpassed them.

I almost agree.  The Black Halo is one of my all time favorite albums from any band so I dont really think they will release something better, however I do think they can do great things with Tommy and I really loved Silverthorn. Im actually really bummed they didnt play more songs from that album after all the tours they did since it came out. 

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »
Tonight the special intimate concert in Haarlem (Netherlands), together with Stream of Passion. Looking forward to it!  ;D

And:

Does anybody know when they will release a new live recording? In 013 Tilburg last year they said they were recording (something for a documentary or something like that?). It was a very good concert, so I certainly hope we get to hear some of it.

Well, they finally released some footage of that show, but as a clip to the studio version of Falling Like Farenheit. I still wish they release the show one way or another (bonus?), as the performance was stellar, the audience was great and the recording looks pretty nice (they probably did record the audio as well, right?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rakUWb-Bt5k#t=22

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2014, 06:07:11 AM »
I would think theyd be taping tonight considering how much the have hyped the concert.  Also they showed a pic on facebook of Oliver playing an acoustic guitar with the other guys playing as well so Im wondering what they are planning.  I wish I could be there.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »
Oh, new Kamelot and new 7th Wonder?   :o

Both first day auto-buys for me.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
Kamelot will be taking DragonForce on tour with them next year... I'm still going, but ugh.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
Kamelot will be taking DragonForce on tour with them next year... I'm still going, but ugh.

I got my NYC tickets already.  Not a big DF fan, but I'll check them out, maybe they are fun live.  Im pumped though just for Kamelot, they are always a good show.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
Ugh indeed. On the other hand, they probably won't visit Russia anyway, so it doesn't bother me much.

Apparently the album will be out on March.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
The dates:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_kxsheJmhE

A video from their recent intimate show in Haarlem, the world premiere of new song "Welcome Home"  This is also acoustic, which I am not sure if thats how it is on the album or not.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_kxsheJmhE

A video from their recent intimate show in Haarlem, the world premiere of new song "Welcome Home"  This is also acoustic, which I am not sure if thats how it is on the album or not.

I remember hearing a snippet of this song during the promotions for Silverthorn and was really surprised to find that it wasn't on the album. Makes me wonder if it's going to be on the next album?
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
hm, was it a b-side?  I saw it was the premiere and assumed it was a new song.  Maybe its not then if you heard parts of it before.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2014, 01:04:48 AM »
hm, was it a b-side?  I saw it was the premiere and assumed it was a new song.  Maybe its not then if you heard parts of it before.

Not that I know of. If I remember correctly, a lot of folks wondered where the song ended up because it was nowhere to be found at all. So yeah, this probably IS the debut of the song as a whole. Just hope to finally hear the whole studio version at some point too.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #618 on: December 12, 2014, 07:39:03 AM »
Sooo, new tour announced. This time in support of the new album (set for Spring 2015 apparently) so colour me excited!

Another "exclusive" show at 013 in The Netherlands, which I will attend.

I see I never said how the special concert was, so here goes: I thought is was a really good show. The acoustic bits were nice and the performance was great. There were quite some technical problems though and the sound was all over the place at times. I have to say the concert at 013 (the one with the footage of their latest clip) before that was better though (also featuring more guests to join in the songs), but that is probably one of the best, if not the best concert I have ever seen. They gave it all that night.

Not that I know of. If I remember correctly, a lot of folks wondered where the song ended up because it was nowhere to be found at all. So yeah, this probably IS the debut of the song as a whole. Just hope to finally hear the whole studio version at some point too.

A bit late, but it was indeed a b-side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_PamlGgRgg. Relaxing song, I like it. Crappy quality though, wonder if there is a better version out there.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: December 12, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
Sooo, new tour announced. This time in support of the new album (set for Spring 2015 apparently) so colour me excited!

Another "exclusive" show at 013 in The Netherlands, which I will attend.

Well, this is awful. I bet they won't come to Russia (bloody again). I will be in Netherlands for ten days in the end of September, but since this Tilburg show takes place on October 16th, I won't be able to attend it either.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: December 12, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »
I already got my tickets to see them in NYC in April.  Just bummed its on a Thursday night, but none the less, should be a lot of fun.  I do hope they pull out some songs that arent in their normal set lists.  Last time they played Dont You Cry which was awesome, Id like to see more rarities like that since they seem to play all the same songs over and over since Tommy joined.  Since I doubt the new album will be out by then, Id also like to not hear too much new stuff just because I wont know it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:36 AM »
New album details:

KAMELOT Announce Release Date For New Album "HAVEN"
Artwork and Track Listing Revealed!
Symphonic Metal Masters KAMELOT return after 2 years of touring the globe and 12 months of intense writing and recording. In mid 2014 the band entered the studio to begin recording their follow-up to the highly acclaimed chart topping album Silverthorn. The new album titled HAVEN will make KAMELOT history as it will be released worldwide (excl. Asia ) on Napalm Records /Universal and Napalm Records/ADA-Warner as an exclusive licensing deal through the band's KAMELOT MUSIC LLC in early May 2015 and will showcase KAMELOT at their finest!
Today the breathtaking artwork, track listing and album configurations have been unveiled. HAVEN will be available to pre-order in multiple bundle packages at the Napalm Records Webstore - starting Thursday, February 26th 2015.
HAVEN - The new masterpiece by KAMELOT coming out:
UK/NO/FR/DK/IT: 04.05.2015
USA/CAN: 05.05.2015
SE/ESP: 06.05.2015
G/A/S/Europe/AUS: 08.05.2015

HAVEN Track Listing:
CD 1
1. Fallen Star
2. Insomnia
3. Citizen Zero
4. Veil of Elysium
5. Under Grey Skies
6. My Therapy
7. Ecclesia
8. End of Innocence
9. Beautiful Apocalypse
10. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy)
11. Here's To The Fall
12. Revolution
13. Haven
Tracklist Bonus CD / Earbook and Mediabook:
1. End Of Innocence Piano Version
2. Veil of Elysium Acoustic Version
3. Fallen Star Orchestral Version
4. Here's To The Fall Orchestral Version
5. My Therapy Orchestral Version
6. Fallen Star Instrumental
7. Insomnia Instrumental
8. Citizen Zero Instrumental
9. Veil of Elysium Instrumental
10. Under Grey Skies Instrumental
11. My Therapy Instrumental
12. End of Innocence Instrumental
13. Beautiful Apocalypse Instrumental
14. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy) Instrumental
15. Revolution Instrumental
Produced by acclaimed music producer Sascha Paeth and mastered by Jacob Hansen, HAVEN is a massive album that is sure to please critics and fans alike. Additional guests include Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Troy Donockley (Nightwish) and Charlotte Wessels (Delain). Artwork is by Stefan Heilemann, with additional art/layout from Gustavo Sazes.
Following the release of HAVEN, Kamelot will embarque on a massive WORLD TOUR, starting with North America in April/May 2015 followed by European shows in the Summer 2015 and with The Haven European Tour in September/October 2015 the band will return to Europe for their biggest headliner tour to date. Check out www.kamelot.com/site/tour for ticket info!

I like the list of guests  :metal

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2015, 08:11:06 AM »
Not sure if I like the title and the artwork, but as long as music is good, I don't really care.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2015, 08:14:51 AM »
STOKED.

Offline adace

« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2015, 12:43:38 PM »
Great artwork, can't wait!!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
Artwork looks okay, Haven is a simple but effective title.

I like that we are getting a piano version and acoustic version as bonus, Tommy is perfect for that kind of material (Roy was too, for that matter).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
Artwork looks okay, Haven is a simple but effective title.

I like that we are getting a piano version and acoustic version as bonus, Tommy is perfect for that kind of material (Roy was too, for that matter).

Agreed, those guys are both (and Kamelot as a band) are great at the ballads and softer songs.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »
I can't see the artwork.  I hope this is better than the last one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »

Silverthorn is better than both albums before it, but yeah, I can only really hope this album is good.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

Silverthorn is better than both albums before it, but yeah, I can only really hope this album is good.

Not for me.  Ghost Opera had its moments and I really grew to like Poetry quite a bit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.