Author Topic: Kamelot  (Read 150121 times)

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
Re: Kamelot
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
I saw a few of the songs on the tour when I saw them in France. It was cool, but very GO sounding. I liked GO though so..
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
They're playing near me the day before I'm seeing Iced Earth, and in the same venue I'll be seeing IE in, but I'm only familiar with Ghost Opera, so I'm probably not gonna go.

Funny. They are playing in the DC area the day AFTER Iced Earth. Looking forward to both shows.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
Based on this thread I listened to a couple songs. They didn't totally reach out and grab me, but intrigued me enough to check out more of their material. Thanks dtf.org  :tup
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »
They're playing near me the day before I'm seeing Iced Earth, and in the same venue I'll be seeing IE in, but I'm only familiar with Ghost Opera, so I'm probably not gonna go.

Funny. They are playing in the DC area the day AFTER Iced Earth. Looking forward to both shows.
:lol They should just tour together! With Iced Earth headlining

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
What's that Birch? You started to trail off there and I couldn't hear you  :P

If they did tour, I'd say they should co-headline. Both 90 min. sets and alternating slots.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

If they did tour, I'd say they should co-headline. Both 90 min. sets and alternating slots.

Stop it, you're turning me on.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

That would be an awesome show. LOL made you look

Stop it, you're turning me on.
:lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
20 July 2010 |  North America Release Announcement

Knife Fight Media confirm Kamelot’s “Poetry For The Poisoned” North American Release on KMG Recordings

Knife Fight Media is proud to announce that American/Norwegian metallers KAMELOT have formed the recording label Kamelot Media Group (KMG Recordings). Teaming up with DisManic Distribution via E1 and the brand marketing and promotions company Knife Fight Media, the premier KMG label release will be the North American debut of KAMELOT’S highly anticipated 9th studio album, “Poetry For The Poisoned”, on September 14, 2010.

KAMELOT is one of metal’s most unique, influential and prestigious acts to come along in decades. The formation of KMG Recordings seems a natural progression for the group. Guitarist Thomas Youngblood states, "We are in a very unique and fast changing era for the music world; I am very excited about the new venture of KMG in North America. We have a team of experienced and passionate people working with us on this new release, which will be another step for Kamelot and our fans." KMG Recordings turned to Gunter Ford, music veteran and founder of World Entertainment inc. and Knife Fight Media, who worked with them on their “Ghost Opera” and “The Black Halo” releases, to oversee and manage the new label. Gunter adds, “In these changing times, Knife Fight Media was created in order to provide marketing, promotion, product development and label management services for artists and labels in need of maximizing their Brand in a fast changing and challenging landscape of the North American Music Industry. I believe the “Kamelot Brand” is one of the leaders in its genre. I will be working closely with Thomas Youngblood, Roy Khan, DisManic and the Knife Fight Media team around this fantastic new release to grow “Poetry For The Poisoned” even beyond the level of success we experienced with their previous releases in North America.”

KAMELOT’s reputation among fans and media alike is marked by enthusiasm as well as esteem, with each of their eight studio albums surpassing its predecessor in terms of songwriting, production and commercial results. “Poetry for the Poisoned” promises to be the band’s most insightful and ambitious album to date.

“Poetry For The Poisoned”was recorded at Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany with producers Sascha Paeth and Miro and features guest appearances by Simone Simons (EPICA), Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND), Björn “Speed” Strid (SOILWORK) and Jon Oliva (SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA’S PAIN).

“Poetry for the Poisoned” will be available in three versions (Regular CD edition, Digipak CD with bonus DVD and 2LP gatefold vinyl edition). DVD bonus material: Kamelot Video “The Great Pandemonium”. Exclusive and In Depth Interviews with each Kamelot member. Kamelot “Pick and Play” for the song “The Great Pandemonium”. Kamelot “Poetry for the Poisoned “ Background Images. Exclusive video footage from Norway Rock Festival 2010. Bonus Song “House on a Hill”(uncut version).

KAMELOT will release “Poetry for the Poisoned” through earMusic/Edel in Europe on September 10, 2010. Marquee/Avalon Records will release in Japan.

KAMELOT will embark on its first North American tour in two years starting September 8th. Support on the trek will come from LEAVES’ EYES and BLACKGUARD.

“Poetry For The Poisoned” Track Listing:

1. The Great Pandemonium
2. If Tomorrow Came
3. Dear Editor
4. The Zodiac
5. Hunter’s Season
6. House On A Hill
7. Necropolis
8. My Train Of Thoughts
9. Seal Of Woven Years
-Poetry For The Poisoned-
10. PT I Incubus
11. PT II So Long
12. PT III All Is Over
13. PT IV Dissection
14. Once Upon A Time

Kamelot North American Fall 2010 Tour Dates:

Sep 08, 2010 Lake Buena Vista, FL - US House of Blues
Sep 10, 2010 Atlanta, GA - US Progpower USA
Sep 11, 2010 Springfield, VA - US Jaxx Nightclub
Sep 14, 2010 Philadelphia, PA - US The Trocadero
Sep 15, 2010 New York, NY - US Nokia Theatre
Sep 17, 2010 Worcester, MA - US The Palladium
Sep 18, 2010 Montreal QUE - CAN Club Soda
Sep 19, 2010 Toronto ON - CAN The Opera House
Sep 21, 2010 Cleveland, OH - US Peabody's
Sep 22, 2010 Milwaukee, WI - US The Rave
Sep 24, 2010 Chicago, IL - US Logan Square Auditorium
Sep 25, 2010 Minneapolis, MN - US First Avenue
Sep 27, 2010 Denver, CO - US Bluebird Theatre
Sep 29, 2010 San Francisco, CA - US Slim's
Oct 01, 2010 West Hollywood, CA - US House of Blues (Sunset Strip)
Oct 02, 2010 San Diego, CA - US House of Blues (San Diego)

STAY TUNED MORE INFO COMING IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS!!!

Loos like a semi-concept album.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
I have a semi-hard in anticipation.

Offline InTheNameOfGod

• PoS>All
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2010, 10:22:19 AM »
As long as the band's name is on the spine, I will be happy.
Currently listening to:

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here *****
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned **
Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées ***1/2
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing *****
Symphony X - The Odyssey ****1/2

Sweat, skin, a pulse divine to balance this restless mind.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »
As soon as I came in here I read this post and legitimately thought Pain Of Salvation's next album was being discussed and that this was the POS thread.

Offline InTheNameOfGod

• PoS>All
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
As soon as I came in here I read this post and legitimately thought Pain Of Salvation's next album was being discussed and that this was the POS thread.

That was my intention all along, Birchy Boy.

Mission successful.
Currently listening to:

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here *****
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned **
Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées ***1/2
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing *****
Symphony X - The Odyssey ****1/2

Sweat, skin, a pulse divine to balance this restless mind.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Yay, a new suite! :D

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »

That was my intention all along, Birchy Boy.

Mission successful.
:angel:

Online Adami

« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:37 PM »
I hope the album is better than Ghost Opera.

Anyone else feel they are going a bit overboard with the guest appearences?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »
No, because everyone they feature is awesome.

Online Adami

« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
No, because everyone they feature is awesome.

True, but it seems they're over doing it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fsh3702

• 爱梦剧院、爱数理化、爱吉他、爱mount&blade
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »
IF DT want a backup vocal, i think simone is a excellent choice, or DT and epica can exchange vocal.
F=ma
E=mc2=hν
▽E=-dB/dt
1h2/2m▽2ψ+Uψ=Eψ

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
I like her, but I don't think she'd mesh well with LaBrie (well, DT's sound as a whole, really).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:12 AM »
Simone is beautiful but I can't stand her to be honest.

Good work getting Speed and Oliva, should be interesting.  Hopefully better that Ghost Opera.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »

Anyone else feel they are going a bit overboard with the guest appearences?

A bit, yes.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
Kamelot is playing the same venue that I'm seeing Iced Earth in eight days before IE, but tickets are thirty dollars and I only have Ghost Opera, so I can't justify spending that much on an almost unknown band to me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »
Kamelot is playing the same venue that I'm seeing Iced Earth in eight days before IE, but tickets are thirty dollars and I only have Ghost Opera, so I can't justify spending that much on an almost unknown band to me.

I'd love to see them live.  It would be a very wise option to go and check them out.  Ghost Opera isn't Kamelot at their best.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2010, 08:39:33 AM »

I'd love to see them live.  It would be a very wise option to go and check them out.  Ghost Opera isn't Kamelot at their best.
If I can get out of my current concert debt by September and tickets are still on sale, there's a chance I might go. It'll depend though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2010, 08:47:08 AM »

If I can get out of my current concert debt by September and tickets are still on sale, there's a chance I might go. It'll depend though.

Check this out;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VGBlQRl2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wV4rxTqfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVW9GezQ0k

If you don't like these, don't bother.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »
Does anyone know if their former singer Mark Vanderbilt is in any bands right now? Can't find any info on him being active post-Kamelot and recently I've found a new appreciation for his voice and style (I've always enjoyed him, but more so as of recently).

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
Does anyone know if their former singer Mark Vanderbilt is in any bands right now? Can't find any info on him being active post-Kamelot and recently I've found a new appreciation for his voice and style (I've always enjoyed him, but more so as of recently).

First time "appreciation" and "[Mark Vanderbilt's] voice" has been used in the same sentence.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »
He was okay.  I don't know, he sounded good on some tracks, others he just makes me cringe.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
Is the avenue in New York City named after him?

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »

First time "appreciation" and "[Mark Vanderbilt's] voice" has been used in the same sentence.
If this is the case, it's a damn shame.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »
https://www.kamelot.com/site/news/us-shows-announced-singer-update/#more-632

Kamelot announce a couple US dates and also announce that Khan will not be touring with them...

"Kamelot’s “Pandemonium Over Europe 2011″ is building, adding Evergrey, Amaranthe and Sons of Seasons* to the already announced tour schedule, with more dates to come!

As part of the ongoing Kamelot campaign , we are announcing 2 shows as part of what will be a full US tour!
Aug 30 at the Grammercy Theater in New York City, NY – USA
Sept 2 at the Club Soda in Montreal, Québec – Canada

Promoters will offer a special VIP ticket for these show.  This will include a pre show meet/greet and an autographed poster commemorating the show. Both shows go onsale today exclusively through www.Enterthevault.com till Jan 22 when they become available everywhere.

Unfortunately, we have been informed that, due to continuing medical and personal issues, Roy Khan will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of Kamelot’s album, “Poetry for the Poisoned”.
However, we are pleased to announce that metal icon Fabio Lione (Rhapsody of Fire) will be joining the tour and handling the lead vocal duties. There will also be guest vocal appearances throughout the tour by Simone Simons (Epica), Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder), and many more surprise guests throughout this very special and rare tour.

Fabio Lione is eager to get on the road, stating: “I am excited and pleased to be part of the next Kamelot tour. I always loved the sound of the band and I think this will be a great experience for me, the band and for all the fans of great music and Kamelot… see you soon on tour and let’s rock!!!”"

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
I've rarely done this with bands over specific members, but if Roy doesn't return, I'm done. It's truly sad as they were in my top ten favorite bands. I can't see them being half as interesting without him.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2010, 05:35:36 AM »
WTF is going on with Roy?  Kamelot would be interesting with Fabio, although with the last album and now Roy, they are on a downhill slide.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »
They're coming back to New York over the summer. Maybe if I'm a bigger fan by then I'll go.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
I just hope he doesn't die or something - too many great voices were taken this year already.