Author Topic: Official: DTF's song ratings 2009 (closed)  (Read 55472 times)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: Official: DTF's song ratings (deadline: Sat 28 Nov)
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2009, 11:51:21 AM »
Ah, yeah. I'm actually one of the guys who don't think that all the "über-epics" are superior to the shorter songs in every way.

o/

Well I'm a huge fan of the shorter songs. I appreciate a well constructed, concise song just as much as a 20+ minute epic.

I kind of laughed lightly at this, because it's like the two rebels of the thread would just be average joe short-song-lovers anywhere else.

DT's fan base is a cool thing.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
I'm excited to see the results of these whenever they are posted. I mean, we have so many favorite/least favorite album/song/movements threads, so it will be nice to actually see numbers to represent the songs.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
Ah, yeah. I'm actually one of the guys who don't think that all the "über-epics" are superior to the shorter songs in every way.

o/

Well I'm a huge fan of the shorter songs. I appreciate a well constructed, concise song just as much as a 20+ minute epic.

I kind of laughed lightly at this, because it's like the two rebels of the thread would just be average joe short-song-lovers anywhere else.

DT's fan base is a cool thing.

You're way off. The fact that I enjoy many short DT songs as much as their long ones doesn't mean that I'm a short-song-lover at all. It's just that the general consensus of the DT fanbase is that longer songs seem to have a better reputation than shorter ones. There's nothing rebellious about saying "I like this 6-minute song better than that 16-minute song".
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »
By the way I'm aware that the deadline is now gone but I've been mentally busy preparing for exams. I'll try and get final results posted up tonight though :)

Results here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=8535.0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:21:44 PM by ariich »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »
Slacker!