Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 85392 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #2275 on: March 20, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »
Those looking at Morsefest 2015:

Amazon has the 2 DVD, 4 CD pack for 29.99 now (previous best was Best Buy at 32.99).
Blu Ray edition is also 17.05 right now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #2276 on: March 20, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »
I preordered the Blu-ray from Amazon.  I forgot the price (it was with a larger order), but it had to be around $17.00 or so.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #2277 on: March 20, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »
Wow. So that's 47 dollars in total for you guys. It's over 80 dollars at my local store.
I'll buy it at the show btw. Could be just as expensive, but it's nice to know the money gets where it belongs.
The FZ Discography Thread! http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #2278 on: March 22, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »
The move to Raleigh has me way behind in some areas, so I rectified that with an Amazon order.

The Neal Morse Band - Similitudes of a Dream

Blu-rays:

The Neal Morse Band - Alive Again
Neal Morse -  Morsefest 2014
Neal Morse - Morsefest 2015 (preorder - should have it this week sometime)

So far I have watched Alive Again and it was fantastic.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2279 on: March 22, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
That's an excellent haul. :tup :tup

I haven't listened to Neal lately, so I had forgotten that the Morsefest Blu-Ray was coming out so soon until I get an email from amazon the DVD about it delivering this week. Woohoo.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2280 on: March 22, 2017, 08:11:09 PM »
Yeah, I too have taken a break from Morse music lately (because Genesis has been dominating my listening everywhere I go - at home, in the car, at work), but getting the Morsefest 2015 DVDs this weekend will be a good treat, especially since I'll have off on Saturday and Sunday! I cannot wait to watch them! :metal

BTW - I read the IC Newsletter the other day and Neal had said he's been writing new stuff on his break between legs of the Road Called Home tour, some of which was proggy, and others in the singer-songwriter style, but he doesn't know where this material will go. I *really* hope the proggy stuff eventually finds a home in Transatlantic's fifth album. I kind of hope that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Morsefest 2017 will feature a TA reunion on one of the nights, which could lead into a writing session with Pete and Roine because I think Mike is off to do more Shattered Fortress shows not long after Morsefest. I'd love to see TA reconvene after Morsefest just to get  Neal in that super-proggy mood, and have him up to full performance standards of playing, which could positively affect his writing. Ah well... I can dream...

-Marc.

ATTENTION DREAM THEATER FANS! (So...everyone here...) - Please check out my DREAM THEATER SURVIVOR, now running in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Fritzinger

• Fritzes Musikblog
« Reply #2281 on: Today at 01:35:10 AM »
I don't think they'll start a writing session in TA without MP, honestly. After all *HE* started the band, it's *HIS* band and none of the things *YOU* said are *CONFIRMED* (sorry, couldn't resist)
me desperté en un mundo con dos tipos de gente: la mas y la menos extrema