Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 546921 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1330 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
I placed my order in at about 9:59/10:00am CST, so I'm hoping I came in under the first 100 as well. It seems as though they went live with pre-orders around 9:56-9:57 according to when Neal's twitter account posted about it, at least according to my local time. I actually had no issues with the website either. Pre-ordering was smooth and easy, and I actually also got a $3.00 discount! After shipping and all that, I only paid $16.99 for the album! Not bad! :tup

-Marc.

How did you get a 3 dollar discount?  I didn't have any problems with the site either.

I see a $2.25 discount in the cart when I go back and add his album to a new cart, that's 15% off which I think isn't supposed to apply until $60 or more was ordered according to the front page. Weird.

Radiant tweeted at 9:54 that the sale was on. So I was 3 minutes behind that.  What happend to 10PM CST?  :hat

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1331 on: July 22, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
My order was at 1036am. I hope I made the cut.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1332 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »
I placed my order in at about 9:59/10:00am CST, so I'm hoping I came in under the first 100 as well. It seems as though they went live with pre-orders around 9:56-9:57 according to when Neal's twitter account posted about it, at least according to my local time. I actually had no issues with the website either. Pre-ordering was smooth and easy, and I actually also got a $3.00 discount! After shipping and all that, I only paid $16.99 for the album! Not bad! :tup

-Marc.

How did you get a 3 dollar discount?  I didn't have any problems with the site either.

I see a $2.25 discount in the cart when I go back and add his album to a new cart, that's 15% off which I think isn't supposed to apply until $60 or more was ordered according to the front page. Weird.

Radiant tweeted at 9:54 that the sale was on. So I was 3 minutes behind that.  What happend to 10PM CST?  :hat

I'm not sure how. I guess the system glitched with the discount? The album was $14.99 + $5.00 shipping for me, making it $19.99. With the 15% discount, that would be the $3.00 discount I got. Ah well, I guess I got lucky when I ordered! :biggrin:

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1333 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
I got the discount as well (16.99 final price with shipping)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1334 on: July 22, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »
That's still a lot to pay nowadays for a single CD.  Factor in my vow to never pre-order from Radiant again, and I'll be getting this through amazon or iTunes.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #1335 on: July 23, 2014, 02:26:25 AM »
Over here in The Netherlands that's preeetty cheap for a single CD. Let alone a new single CD. (Regular prices being around 24 dollars, except for Zappa's newest, that one was 50)
But apart from that, I'll wait a bit to hear what you guys think of this album, I've got a couple of Neal's acoustic albums, I while I like the songs, I rarely listen to them. When I'm in the mood for Neal, I always grab a prog album. Or SB. Or TA.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1336 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:17 AM »
That's still a lot to pay nowadays for a single CD.  Factor in my vow to never pre-order from Radiant again, and I'll be getting this through amazon or iTunes.

The CD is like $17 on Amazon for pre-order. So.. *shrug*

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1337 on: July 23, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »
I suspect it won't stay that price for real long.  I might even wait to get it, in the hopes that the price drops.   

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:41 AM »
I suspect it won't stay that price for real long.  I might even wait to get it, in the hopes that the price drops.
Maybe. 

The glitch on Radiant Records is fixed. Now the 15% discount only applies to $60 and up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1339 on: July 24, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
"We fixed the glitch.  He won't be receiving a paycheck, so the problem will just work itself out naturally."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1340 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »
"We fixed the glitch.  He won't be receiving a paycheck, so the problem will just work itself out naturally."

I thought the same thing.  :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1341 on: July 24, 2014, 08:35:52 AM »
 :tup :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1342 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
New song and video from Neal's forthcoming CD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lqHZNj5TIM

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #1343 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »
I really expected to hate that and now I'm on my third listen  :lol   F'n Neal gets me every time  :facepalm:    :rollin

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1344 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
Spock's Beard - V on Vinyl preorder at RadiantRecords. First 50 get it signed by Neal.

Email went out 30 minutes ago, so I may be too late as it is.  :facepalm:

They also have "The making of snow" dvd in their clearance section! I thought it was OOP for some time now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:39:12 PM by Mindflux »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1345 on: August 10, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »
MP just confirmed via twitter NMB starts recording new album next month.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1346 on: August 10, 2014, 06:21:20 PM »
MP just confirmed via twitter NMB starts recording new album next month.

Oh wow...that was....quick. He JUST finished with SFN and Flying Colors! The man never stops! I suspect/expect a winter/spring release date for the new album, then.

This mean, in less than, let's say, 18 months, Neal will have released/been a part of FOUR studio albums - Transatlantic, solo, Flying Colors, and Neal Morse band.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Mladen

« Reply #1347 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:03 AM »
I'm confused by the difference between NMB and NM.  :lol

As for the new song, I played it right after the entire The Pros and cons of hitchhiking by Roger Waters, and it was good that way.  ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1348 on: August 11, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »
I'm confused by the difference between NMB and NM.  :lol

It's still basically solo Neal Morse.  Neal Morse put together a full band to tour and record with, as opposed to it being just him, Mike Portnoy and Randy George, but it's basically still a solo Neal Morse project, so there really is no difference.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1349 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
Well I differentiated between Neal Morse and Neal Morse Band because Neal, just himself, released Songs From November, which is more along the lines of his first two solo albums, specifically It's Not Too Late, and doesn't feature Portnoy or George, or any of his prog band members.

Since his prog band prominently features his prog albums (duh!), roping in SFN with other solo Morse albums might confuse fans who just enjoy his works from Testimony onward - at least, the proggy ones as he's released other singer-songwriter and worship albums since leaving Spock's Beard.

I mean, we could say Solo Neal Morse and Singer-Songwriter Neal Morse if that helps.

-Marc.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1350 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:34 AM »
Sept 1 ONLY SALE. Non-IC members can buy IC releases for $10 each. IC Members can get them for $5 each. 

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1351 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:16 AM »
Sept 1 ONLY SALE. Non-IC members can buy IC releases for $10 each. IC Members can get them for $5 each.

URGGH!! On the 1st only?! Two days before my next paycheck?! There's still so many IC releases I want to get, and for $5 a pop, that's a steal!!! Anyone want to order for me and I'll pay you back? :tup

JK, though, this is a great deal. Sign up for the club now, become a member, get the next disc (which will be Kaleidoscope Demos part 1), and get in on this deal!

-Marc.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: August 29, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »

URGGH!! On the 1st only?! Two days before my next paycheck?! There's still so many IC releases I want to get, and for $5 a pop, that's a steal!!! Anyone want to order for me and I'll pay you back? :tup

I'm trying to figure out which ones are worth having that I don't have.  I figure the two FC ones, the 2 disc momentum release and the NMB/TFK DVD with something with Steve Hackett on it in my cart.

Edit: Added Hitman, ? Live, Homeland Musical and "From the cutting room floor (early whirlwind demos)"

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1353 on: August 31, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
Oh man, I was totally going to buy them all. Only became a member a couple of weeks ago, and now all of that at such a price! Well, I said I WAS going to buy all of them, until I found out there are 56 releases, haha. So that would be a bit excessive. I've got 17 releases on my list right now, might wanna lose a couple, but nevertheless this is an awesome deal! I just hope he'll do this some day again so I can buy the rest.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1354 on: September 01, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
The sale has begun!!!

I managed to snag five for now, thankfully my PayPal credit line had some left in it (whoops! lol), so I was able to get the following:
Inner Circle DVD - From the Video Vault - May 2008
Inner Circle CD - Roine's Love Mix - January 2009
Inner Circle DVD - Live in Seattle with Ajalon - September 2010
Inner Circle DVD - Progfest '97 - January 2011
Inner Circle DVD - Testimony 2...For You - July 2011

I was going to get more, but I'll have to see if I can get any more money first. I decided to get some choice DVDs that I don't already own, especially the Progfest '97 video! I've also been wanting to get Roine's Love Mix of the ? album for a long time now and I figured I'd take advantage of this sale to do so.

I wish this sale would go until Wednesday (payday for me), so I could totally order the rest of the ones I really want. I have 10 more sitting in my shopping cart (4 DVDs, 6 CDs) right now that I'd love to get, but I'd need at least another $65 or so to cover all of that.

Of the 56 Inner Circle releases, from May 2005 up to July 2014, I'll have 28 of them. Exactly half, and I joined the club back in November 2011 for Neal's Proggy Christmas demos. Technically, one CD set Neal sent out, the ? Live 2CD set, eventually became a full-on live album later on, so I guess if you count that, then I have 29.

Anyways, I hope you guys get in on this sale! I don't recall Neal ever doing such a sale in recent years, so take advantage of it! :tup

-Marc.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1355 on: September 01, 2014, 12:51:19 AM »
Whoah, I bought 17 of 'em  :lol

The shipping costs we're quite high, but what the hell. 17 great, great albums or DVD's for less than a 100 euros.  :D

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1356 on: September 01, 2014, 06:38:32 AM »
Well here was something I didn't expect today... ended up getting 8 of them, mostly focused on TA, FC, and the ? album.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: September 01, 2014, 07:56:43 AM »
Well here was something I didn't expect today... ended up getting 8 of them, mostly focused on TA, FC, and the ? album.

Yeah I ordered my 8 at midnight when the sale kicked on.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1358 on: September 02, 2014, 04:50:45 AM »
Is anyone going to Morsefest in Tennessee in November?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1359 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »
Haven't looked seriously into it, but having been on a cruise and big camping trip this year already, it's pretty much out of the question. That said, One live would be amazing.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1360 on: September 02, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
I am considering going.  It would be neat if some other forum members went too, maybe have a meet-up or something.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1361 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »
I'd love to, but, well yeah, impossible, financially.

Online Mladen

« Reply #1362 on: September 04, 2014, 03:37:56 AM »
The new album has been out for a couple of weeks and still no comments?

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, some of the tunes are truly wonderful, but I'm still getting used to having no epic prog on a Neal Morse album.  ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1363 on: September 04, 2014, 09:35:46 AM »
It reminds me of It's Not Too Late: most enjoyable, but hardly anything that wows me. 

Stick to prog, Neal. :biggrin:

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1364 on: September 04, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be prog when I saw the album cover in the store, so I bought it alongside Momentum to soften the blow.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.