Author Topic: The Dillinger Escape Plan Thread  (Read 12800 times)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Dillinger Escape Plan Thread
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »
These guys are playing 10 minutes from my house a week from tonight in a small bar venue.  I don't know their music, but I am aware of their energetic live performances.  I might have to go to this one.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2014, 08:34:07 AM »
I'm a big fan of a lot of their music but am really wanting to see their live "performance". I think as you mentioned they focus much more on the energy and performance live.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
I forgot they came by this way....and at a cool intimate venue.  Damn, shouldve went.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
These guys are playing 10 minutes from my house a week from tonight in a small bar venue.  I don't know their music, but I am aware of their energetic live performances.  I might have to go to this one.

Go! It'll be very... intimate.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:21 PM »
By "intimate", he means that they will cause you physical harm.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2014, 10:00:03 PM »
Shh...  ;)

Last time I saw DEP, I got kicked in the face by one of the guitarists (Tuttle) as he was hanging from the rafters.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
Shouldn't have put your face in the way of his food.  :tup

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
Hey guys check this out! New single from a group with Greg on vocals. Kinda ethereal and spacy and sounds nothing like DEP, but it's great and really shows Greg's diversity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gqlB0FW8k

Offline WebRaider

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
Awesome! :metal :metal

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
Cool! 2nd semester will be interesting - new Pixies, Lindsey Stirling, Opeth, and this!

I discovered the band through Rock-Sound samplers some 10-15 years ago - with the songs "The Running Board" and "Panasonic Youth". I liked them a lot, but unfortunately I couldn't find any albums around here. That's until 2014 when I ran into One Of Us Is The Killer.

I hope this new album gets released here.

Offline Kilgore Trout

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »
That BBC show got both new Opeth and new Dillinger Escape Plan (at 2:00:30).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07m44p3#play

Pure DEP.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »
Awesome song!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline LordCost

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
Awesome song!
Listened now for the first time, really awesome. I want to hear that in high quality.

Offline WebRaider

Re: The Dillinger Escape Plan Thread (RIP?)
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »
NooooooOOOOOooooOOoooooo!!!!  :millahhhh

RIP DEP: After Nearly Two Decades, Dillinger Escape Plan Is Bowing Out Gracefully

(interview with Ben)
https://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-end-of-dillinger-escape-plan-ben-weinman-interview?utm_source=noiseyfbenglish

(interview with Greg)
https://www.altpress.com/features/entry/dillinger_escape_plan_open_up_on_breakup_people_are_done_when_theyre_dead

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:08:59 PM by WebRaider »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2016, 07:07:44 AM »
Well that sucks. Kinda nice that they announce it before the album is out.

Offline LordCost

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »
The new album has received a lot of positive reviews, it seems great even to me. It's more experimental than the last one and I still need time to judge it, but I'm certainly interested.

The second half of Wanting Not So Much To As To reminds me a lot Slint.

Offline Art

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2016, 05:03:13 AM »
Only heard it once but like it's been said it seems more experimental than the last one, which works fine for me. Probably a grower. But their best works is still Irony Is a Dead Scene  ;D

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2016, 03:58:37 PM »
Low Feels Blvd. and Honeysuckle are standout tracks for me. Along with the title track.

One of their best, great way to go out.
 :'(

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »
So I'm finally getting around to this band. I don't know how I have never listened to TDEP before.

I've been aware of them for forever but nothing has ever made me want to actually give them a go (which is weird as they are similar to bands I love). I guess part of it is that I don't know a single one of my friends (of which the majority are metalheads) who listens to this band.

Back when my main source of discovering new bands was music magazines, these guys were always featured every album cycle. Magazines raved about them and I guess I must've listened to a song or two and disliked them.

I think what got me wanting to listen to this band was digging the Killer Be Killed album. Greg's clean vocals on that album were just great so I added some of their albums to my Spotify playlist.

Calculating Infinity came up first a few days ago and I've binged the rest of their discography today (which is easy as their albums are pretty short). Definitely loved Ire Works and One of Us is the Killer. Just finishing up Dissociation now and I know that I'm going to enjoy getting into this band. Just a bit stupid of me to only get to them after they've called it a day  :lol

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
I'm a casual DEP listener, I enjoy them but they're so frantic, it's for special occasions. They're definitely the loudest band I've heard live. Earplugs didn't even seem to matter. Great show though, and I'm glad to have seen them at least just once before they're quitting.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
Extraordinary band, imo. Dissociation has never clicked for Mr but Miss Machine, Ire Works and One Of Us Is The Killer are favourites of mine.

Much like Meshuggah, you can never understand all of what's going on so all listens are revelatory. (But that could just be me being dim.)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline WebRaider

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2018, 01:31:10 AM »
So I'm finally getting around to this band. I don't know how I have never listened to TDEP before.

I've been aware of them for forever but nothing has ever made me want to actually give them a go (which is weird as they are similar to bands I love). I guess part of it is that I don't know a single one of my friends (of which the majority are metalheads) who listens to this band.

Back when my main source of discovering new bands was music magazines, these guys were always featured every album cycle. Magazines raved about them and I guess I must've listened to a song or two and disliked them.

I think what got me wanting to listen to this band was digging the Killer Be Killed album. Greg's clean vocals on that album were just great so I added some of their albums to my Spotify playlist.

Calculating Infinity came up first a few days ago and I've binged the rest of their discography today (which is easy as their albums are pretty short). Definitely loved Ire Works and One of Us is the Killer. Just finishing up Dissociation now and I know that I'm going to enjoy getting into this band. Just a bit stupid of me to only get to them after they've called it a day  :lol

Big fan of the band and all its parts actually. My fav's are Ire Works, One of Us is the Killer, and probably Option Paralysis although there's lots of great stuff throughout their catalog.

Offline LordCost

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2018, 10:54:24 AM »
I don't have a clear favourite album but they are for sure one of my 5 favourite bands ever. The energy of Sunshine The Werewolf and We Are The Storm, to name only the first two of their songs I love, are unmatched by anything in my musical library and when I start to listen to them I cannot change band or genre, I have to listen to another one of their songs or I stop for a moment.
The only album I overplayed and don't enjoy anymore is Option Paralysis. It seems that I could listen to the rest of their discography for the whole life without getting bored.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2023, 04:29:04 AM »
Greg has joined forces with members from Every time I die.

Gotta be one of the worst band names i've heard but the music kinda slaps.

Better Lovers - 30 Under 13
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2023, 04:36:24 AM »
Greg has joined forces with members from Every time I die.

Gotta be one of the worst band names i've heard but the music kinda slaps.

Better Lovers - 30 Under 13

Nice, I'll give it a listen.

Edit: Yea this was really good. This already sounds better than any of Greg's solo stuff he's put out. Guess I'll be looking forward to this album  :metal
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:14:52 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Deathless

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2023, 07:36:22 AM »
I remember a lot of people mentioning Greg when ETID self-destructed last year. It's pretty good. I think (and hope) they'll do more, because Greg is a great screamer but he's also a pretty dynamic singer. I saw him live with Jerry Cantrell and he did really well singing his solo and AIC material.

They are also touring with the Ghost Inside and Underoath so I may check them out live.

https://loudwire.com/underoath-ghost-inside-2023-tour-better-lovers-we-came-as-romans/

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2023, 09:13:11 AM »