Party/Affiliation: Conservative Libertarian
Religion: Atheist. I enjoyed church and being a Christian while it lasted (until I was about 13), but I just don't feel right believing.
- Abortion: Only in cases of rape or those that are life-threatening
- Gay Marriage: I'm against marriage being recognized by the state, anyway, but since I don't see marriage going down the tubes anytime soon, I would say allowing any two consenting adults to marry is preferable to only allowing men and women.
- Health care: Universal healthcare is unsustainable and cannot prevail
- Gun control: Guns should be easy to obtain
- Illegal Immigration: Tough one. I have a hard time calling any human being "illegal" for simply being in a certain territory, but I don't like how many immigrants drain US social programs even more than the leeches who were born here. I don't mind them working for lower wages, because I've never supported a minimum wage anyway, and I think the business owner should set the wage.
- War (Iraq/Afghanistan/War in general): I never support war, no matter what.
- Seperation of Church and State: Keep them separated
- Climate Change/Global Warming: An overhyped non-issue backed up by bogus science. The 97% statistic is a joke.
- The UN: Get rid of it. It was pointless then, and it is pointless now.
- Restrictions on curses on television: Who cares?
- Corporate welfare: I would support abolishing all forms of welfare run by the government. This includes corporate welfare, as well, although corporate welfare is definitely more helpful than food stamps/Medicare/Medicaid, because corporate welfare actually helps job creators and not hopeless drug addicts and irresponsible teenage mothers. I can somewhat sympathize with the public's wish for a safety net, but if it must stay, it should be heavily cut and it should be much harder for moochers to receive my tax dollars.
- Private Charity: Yes, all charity/welfare should be private. The government doesn't need to force anybody to do anything.
- Public Welfare: I don't care much about the welfare of the public, as long as I'm healthy and happy and taxed as little as possible.
- Death Penalty: I generally subscribe to "an eye for an eye," but I think state-sanctioned murder is quite disgusting when you think about it. However, if the government is going to steal my money, they might as well kill murderers and rapists and the like.
- Stem cell research: Go for it, if it's private. Don't take my tax dollars to contribute to something that I don't quite care about.
- Guantanamo Bay: Give the terrorists a trial over here, and put them in prison. Shut down Gitmo.