What Political Party or Affiliation? : None.
What religion (or lack thereof) are you affiliated with? : Agnostic.
What is your stance on:
- Abortion: Against, unless the mother is highly unlikely to survive the birth/pregnancy. I hate the terms "pro life" and "pro choice", they are inflammatory and only serve to bog down discussion by diverting attention from the core of the issue (that is, whether a zygote/fetus/embryo is human).
- Gay Marriage: Apathetic.
- Health care: Needs drastic reform, but I generally oppose a complete overhaul to a publicly-funded system.
- Gun control: Fine the way it is here in the US. Minimal at most, but I don't feel particularly strongly about it.
- Illegal Immigration: Against illegal immigration. We've gotten ourselves into a total clusterfuck here in the US though, so I dunno.
- War (Iraq/Afghanistan/War in general): Against in general, but is occasionally necessary (certainly not in the case of Iraq).
- Seperation of Church and State: Exactly what Nick said...so eloquently.
- Climate Change/Global Warming: Probably a legitimate issue, but hardly as urgent as it is often made out to be. Also there is a lot of bogus science going around intermingled with the facts, and it's sometimes difficult to sift through.
- The UN: The idea is nice, but functionally it's pretty ineffective.
- Restrictions on curses on television: Against on principle, but don't really care. Part of me screams "parents should be responsible for their kids, not the government", while the other part knows that they won't (this paradox contributes to my undecided nature on several issues). But still, this is useless.
- Corporate welfare: Lots of corruption in this department leads me to say I'm against it in general.
- Private Charity: Pro.
- Public Welfare: Is grossly abused like any other system of its kind, which is frustrating but probably impossible to work around. I'm for it, at least on principle.
- Death Penalty: There is no situation I can think of in this day and age which would necessitate executing a criminal to protect society from him. That is the only potential ethical justification I can come up with for the death penalty, so I am against it.
- Stem cell research: Pro, within reason of course.
- Guantanamo Bay: What about it? I generally share pogoowner's sentiments.
- Suicide: What about it? It tends to be indicative of mental problems, which I believe should be addressed. But that isn't always the case.
- Drugs: I lean toward legalizing certain drugs.