Author Topic: Linkin Park  (Read 49604 times)

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Linkin Park
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
Like em or not, their one of the biggest mainstream bands out there today. Personally, their older stuff Pre-MTM =  :metal Looking forward to their upcoming album, which is supposedly a concept album of sorts. My favorite album by them is Meteora, followed by Reanimation.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: Linkin Park
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »
move along people, nothing to see here  :D

Nah, their old stuff was cool. I predicted the shift to rock after nu metal was no longer popular though, which made me really not respect LP at all  :-\

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
I listened to them years ago before I started listening to good music. But to be fair, I can probably credit them for serving as my introduction to metal in some respects.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:44:45 AM »
Same. Them, Disturbed and Limp Bizkit seem to be the trifecta of pre-real metal music. I listened the crap out of Hybrid Theory as a 12-13 year old.

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »
I used to be a fan of them like five or six years ago and then stopped listening to them. Now I just got back into them and they are pretty good.

And maybe I will hurt people's eyes and conscious with that but, they are the mainstream version of Pain of Salvation. Really really similar style.
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
I used to be a fan of them like five or six years ago and then stopped listening to them. Now I just got back into them and they are pretty good.

And maybe I will hurt people's eyes and conscious with that but, they are the mainstream version of Pain of Salvation. Really really similar style.

I sure hope not if they're touring with Dream Theater this year. I was just about to pick up a couple of their albums, too...
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline xterp

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Same. Them, Disturbed and Limp Bizkit seem to be the trifecta of pre-real metal music. I listened the crap out of Hybrid Theory as a 12-13 year old.

I'd say swap out Limp Bizkit for Slipknot.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
I've never liked them, and have hated them since hearing a vocal jazz acapella high school group do "crawling on my knees" or whatever that song is in a performance.  It was a terrible arrangement.  I was mad because I wanted to hear vocal jazz and got Linkin Park.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »

I sure hope not if they're touring with Dream Theater this year. I was just about to pick up a couple of their albums, too...

Of course not... Don't be afraid Pain Of Salvation are million times more diverse, deep and interesting then Linkin Park (though I like Linkin Park but they are just not enough interesting for more listens)... Definitely try some their albums, Remedy Lane is obviously the best starting album I think, that was the way I got introduced to them... And then The Perfect Element part.1

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

This

I've never liked them, and have hated them since hearing a vocal jazz acapella high school group do "crawling on my knees" or whatever that song is in a performance.  It was a terrible arrangement.  I was mad because I wanted to hear vocal jazz and got Linkin Park.

That sounds pretty freakin horrible

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:02 PM »

Of course not... Don't be afraid Pain Of Salvation are million times more diverse, deep and interesting then Linkin Park (though I like Linkin Park but they are just not enough interesting for more listens)... Definitely try some their albums, Remedy Lane is obviously the best starting album I think, that was the way I got introduced to them... And then The Perfect Element part.1

Well said

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 06:35:48 PM »
Oh, man! This reminds me of Super Dude's best post ever:
"That n00b raped my thread! :angry:"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:40:38 PM by emindead »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
I'm looking forward to hearing something from their new album.

It can't be worse than MtM, right? RIGHT?!?!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »
Linkin park were my introduction to 'heavy' music :P I remember hybrid theory as being the first solid album I actually grew to love (instead of random chart songs). For that I will probably always have fond memories of them even though my tastes have changed.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
Oh, man! This reminds me of Super Dude's best post ever:
"That n00b rapped my thread! :angry:"

Actually it was more along the lines of:

"That noob just raped my thread. :|"

As for samples from the new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5hyPzeLsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpqcoQrm8w&feature=related
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

Holy christ, MTM wasn't THAT bad! Surely it was disappointing but songs like Given Up, No More Sorrow, and Bleed It Out are amazing. Well, those three are really the only great ones but the other ones aren't THAT bad.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
I don't know about you, but Leave Out All The Rest made me wanna curl up in a ball and die.

Oh yeah, and apparently Linkin Park's next single was secretly debuted in the new Transformers trailer.

Edit: Not only that, but they're helping compose the score for the movie.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »

Holy christ, MTM wasn't THAT bad! Surely it was disappointing but songs like Given Up, No More Sorrow, and Bleed It Out are amazing. Well, those three are really the only great ones but the other ones aren't THAT bad.
Yes they are that bad!!

You just mentioned the only songs worth a damn in that album.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Wrath42147

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »
the recent one is worse then the other two

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
the recent one is worse then the other two
Talk about the shocker of the century.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »
 :lol

I think we've found a new Arcaeus.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »

That's reassuring then. I listened to the song Perfect Element and I loved it, so hopefully their other material will continue to impress me.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »
New single coming out in five days!!! :metal

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
Really? Is it me or it feels like they just have released their last album?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »
I dunno what you mean, but the next one comes out either late this year or early next year, IIRC.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
New single coming out in five days!!! :metal

Really? Cool. I hope they go back to their older roots.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »
I used to like Linkin Park alot. I was disappointed when I thought Reanimation was an actual sophmore album and almost wrote them off, but Meteora was an excellent follow up. I played Numb to death long before it was a single. I traded the two albums in a long time ago, and I'm not into Chester's ridiculous screaming anymore and Minutes to Midnight WAS terrible, and lastly, I don't care about the new album.

AND.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 03:22:55 PM »
One Step Closer is fun to play on Rock Band.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
I used to like Linkin Park alot. I was disappointed when I thought Reanimation was an actual sophmore album and almost wrote them off, but Meteora was an excellent follow up. I played Numb to death long before it was a single. I traded the two albums in a long time ago, and I'm not into Chester's ridiculous screaming anymore and Minutes to Midnight WAS terrible, and lastly, I don't care about the new album.

AND.

...and what? AND WHAT?!

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
 :lol I was tempted ask as well.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
So why don't we get our answer?

*The Voices*

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 02:45:23 PM »
I haven't really listened to Linkin Park in while, but if you wanted to listen to nu metal, just go with Slipknot, or just don't listen to nu metal. There's a lot of other, better, bands to listen to.

Offline Silent Voice

• DT.net Member
  • Evil Scotsman
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »
When I was 13 and Hybrid Theory came out I liked them a lot. I can still stand to listen to the odd tune off that album, but it's only really for nostalgia and I really can't stand anything else they've ever done
Living twice at once you learn, you're safe from pain in the dream domain ... a soul set free to fly

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
I like to listen to them when I'm exercising, good running music.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
I rediscovered Meteora recently.  I think that's really the stronger album of the two because this "rediscovery" thing still happens to me every once in a while; I still find things in songs that I never noticed before that pique my interest or I remember why I liked a certain song to begin with.

To some extent it's true with Hybrid Theory as well, but Meteora has more interesting songs in my opinion.  That said, Hybrid Theory was an incredibly strong debut; I often come back to it and wonder how it was possible start off so strongly.

Countdown to the new single: 1 day, 3 hours, and 23 minutes. :metal