Author Topic: BACON!!!!!!  (Read 166167 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: BACON!!!!!!
« Reply #1715 on: July 28, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
When I worked at Domino's I somehow managed to barehandedly grab the metal screen that a pizza rests on in the oven twice during my time there. The ovens fluctuate between 500-520F. I remember popping the blister but the pus kept drying and sealing it thus making the blister reinflate. One time I squeezed it open while sitting in my car and saw it leave a trail of wetness on the ceiling. It kinda reminded me of those water-squirting prank flowers clowns keep on their lapel.

Yeah... WATER squirting.  I'm sure that's the 'squirting' it reminded you of.   ::)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1716 on: July 28, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
I don't get nearly enough trim these days for it to remind me of anything else :'(
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1717 on: July 28, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
When I worked at Domino's I somehow managed to barehandedly grab the metal screen that a pizza rests on in the oven twice during my time there. The ovens fluctuate between 500-520F. I remember popping the blister but the pus kept drying and sealing it thus making the blister reinflate. One time I squeezed it open while sitting in my car and saw it leave a trail of wetness on the ceiling. It kinda reminded me of those water-squirting prank flowers clowns keep on their lapel.
Those blisters fill with that fluid for a reason. They aid the healing process and help avoid infection. Its gross having a bubble of your hand but it is best not to pop them. Mine sprung a pin size leak the day after it happened and drained slowly. Then I put neosporin on it and covered it. I would not have popped it if it didn't go on its own.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1718 on: July 28, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »
Actually, it's best to pop it, remove the cap, then care for the raw area with an antibiotic ointment and keep it covered. The fluid (plasma) can get infected under the blister cap and make things much worse. I know a thing or two about burns.

And since we're sharing burn stories, I was searing a piece of tuna, and had the oil at flash point (probably around 600). I jerked my hand back to avoid hitting a dish guy with the pan and the oil poured all over the back of my and, from the thumb and forefinger to the wrist. Took two shots of morphine at the hospital to get the pain under control, and it took the plastic surgeon a week to decide it didn't need a skin graft. Fifteen years later, and I still have a scar over the back of my hand.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1719 on: July 28, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
Holy shit  :omg:
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1720 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »
Actually, it's best to pop it, remove the cap, then care for the raw area with an antibiotic ointment and keep it covered. The fluid (plasma) can get infected under the blister cap and make things much worse. I know a thing or two about burns.

And since we're sharing burn stories, I was searing a piece of tuna, and had the oil at flash point (probably around 600). I jerked my hand back to avoid hitting a dish guy with the pan and the oil poured all over the back of my and, from the thumb and forefinger to the wrist. Took two shots of morphine at the hospital to get the pain under control, and it took the plastic surgeon a week to decide it didn't need a skin graft. Fifteen years later, and I still have a scar over the back of my hand.

pics or it didnt happen

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1721 on: July 28, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
I just pop it and leave the dead skin of the blister fully intact as raw burn dermis is too much for my pussy ass to handle. I wash my hands a fucking lot so I'm very well safeguarded against infection.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1722 on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »

pics or it didnt happen

The colorless areas were the third degree parts. The burn extends another inch or two down, but it doesn't show on this pic. The worst part was my thumbnail which was completely covered by the oil, exquisite pain, second worst in my life next to when I had pancreatitis.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1723 on: July 29, 2014, 05:28:35 AM »
Ouch! :omg: See what happens kids when you pop the blister.  :biggrin:

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1724 on: July 29, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »

Actually, while you may be well versed in getting these types of blisters you are misguided in how to care for them. I have read nothing that supports what you are saying. Popping them is a detriment.

sources...
https://cchealth.org/column/2013-0123-healthy-outlook.php

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/skin-care/burns

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1725 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:23 AM »
I'm just going with what the plastic surgeon told me.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1726 on: July 29, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »
I'm just going with what the plastic surgeon told me.
I'll go with the internet, its never wrong!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1727 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »
 :tup

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1728 on: July 30, 2014, 01:36:53 AM »
I heard the internet even has pictures of Emma Samms in a bikini (two piece!)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1730 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:55 PM »
Want

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1731 on: August 03, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
Bacon in the pancakes you say?!

That's how I roll bitches.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1734 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:30 AM »
Woke up to these on Valentine's day. Girlfriend made them while I slept. I'm ashamed the smell didn't wake me up. What kind of man am I?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1735 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #1736 on: March 18, 2015, 03:38:48 AM »
Try it with egg salad.

In a sandwich, I mean!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: May 21, 2015, 06:15:45 AM »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1738 on: December 30, 2015, 06:56:35 PM »
Good lord, how has this thread been inactive for so long??

Baby's first bacon
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1739 on: December 31, 2015, 06:50:07 AM »
We have found the easiest way to cook bacon perfectly every time. It works best with thick cut bacon as we discovered last week.

Line a baking sheet with foil.
Put sheet in a cold oven. Pre-heat to 425 degrees.
When the oven beeps flip the bacon and continue to cook to desired crispiness level.
Remove foil with grease for easy clean up.

Seriously, easiest way to cook bacon.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1740 on: January 04, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »
That's how I used to cook it when I was in catering. I'd have to cook 300 strips at a time. I didn't use foil though. The dish washers were a couple of little shits that needed a hard dose of reality.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1741 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »
Do you like you bacon with fried chicken on a hush puppy bun with collard greens, blue cheese and drizzled with honey? 

Well here you go.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1742 on: February 02, 2016, 06:25:27 PM »
Not sure sure whether my dick or arteries would be harder after eating that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1743 on: February 02, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
You could have relations with it and kill 2 birds with one stone.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1744 on: February 02, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »
This is why I keep you around, Joe.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: February 02, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »
My wife says the same thing.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1746 on: February 04, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »
Just popping in to mention that I am not a huge bacon fan.

:JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1747 on: February 04, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Do you like you bacon with fried chicken on a hush puppy bun with collard greens, blue cheese and drizzled with honey? 

Well here you go.

Get that green stuff off of there.   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: February 04, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
You've got to have a little green man!! :lol

Even the fat guy knows that!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1749 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »
I can eat vegetables and fruit all day long. However, when I'm eating an unhealthy sandwich, I don't want vegetables on it.  :lol