Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 435696 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2009, 08:00:46 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »
YES! New Maiden album! They certainly did not disappoint with AMOLAD, so they will surely not disappoint with this new album. Some synth action a'la Seventh Son would be nice  :hat
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
Yea, I read on the maiden fan club forum that Steve said they idea of only doing 15 albums is out the window now.  They are probably going to keep going as long as thier bodies can handle it and the fans keep buying it.  This makes me very happy since its crazy to think that Maiden are hitting thier peak 25 years after they hit thier peak.  They have to keep going now.

As for Bruce and Adrian, Bruce said a long time ago he wanted to do another solo album, but nothing came of it.  Probably due to the resurgance of Maiden.  I would love another album though.

Offline TL

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »
I say Flight 666 last night (a few of the theaters around here finally got around to showing it). Fucking awesome! Anyone who likes Maiden should see it.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »
I say Flight 666 last night (a few of the theaters around here finally got around to showing it). Fucking awesome! Anyone who likes Maiden should see it.

Wisdom right here, I saw it for the second time last night and it was still very amazing (and funnier the second time around!)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »
It's been said before, but I cannot wait for this DVD.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
Yeah man!!  May 25th! :metal  I'm so pumped to see the full concert videos.  Amazing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
May 25th? I thought it was in June.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2009, 02:38:25 PM »
Huh?  I got a flyer from the cinema last night saying it was 25th of May, and preorders are a go-go.  I better check now you've put this poison in my mind :P

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »
Yep just checked the flyer, 25th of May its released in NZ.  SWEEEEEEEEET!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2009, 07:04:39 AM »
June 9th in NA.

But at least it's on my birthday  ;D
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
June 9th in NA.

But at least it's on my birthday  ;D

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »
Yea, I can't wait for this release.  I will be buying the DVD and CD.  I am even contemplating getting a BD version for a future purchase of a BD player.  I may just have to settle for the DVD now though.  The concert footage should be awesome, it wasn't edited by Harris like RiR or DOTR so it will be a lot easier to watch.   Also I was at the NJ show where they played Rime on the DVD so Im hoping I can see myself since I was right by the barrier, and it was also the best song they played on that tour.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »
I get Hallowed from the show I went to  :metal
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 07:51:03 PM »
Okay so, Top 2 songs from every album (i'm gonna include LAD, RiR and DOTR because, well, they're good.)

Iron Maiden – Phantom of the Opera, Prowler

Killers – Murders in the Rue Morgue, Prodigal Son

Number of the Beast – Total Eclipse, Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece of Mind – Where Eagles Dare, To Tame a Land

Powerslave – Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight

Live After Death – Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Somewhere in Time – This is tough, Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land (or Alexander and Sea of Madness depending on mood.)

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son – Evil That Men Do, Infinite Dreams

No Prayer for the Dying – No Prayer for the Dying, Public Enema No 1

Fear of the Dark – Fear of the Dark, Afraid to Shoot Strangers

The X Factor – Edge of Darkness, Lord of the Flies

Virtual XI – Futureal, Clansman

Brave New World – The Fallen Angel, Wickerman

Rock in Rio – Sign of the Cross, Dream of Mirrors

Dance of Death – Gates of Tomorrow, No More Lies

Death on the Road – Paschendale, Dance of Death

A Matter of Life and Death – For the Greater Good of God, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »
I see A Matter of Life and Death pretty high in a lot of people's list's. Do most people really think it's that good? For a Maiden album I think it's pretty mediocre.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »
Iron Maiden – Phantom of the Opera, Prowler

Killers – Another Life, Drifter

Number of the Beast –  Hallowed Be Thy Name, 22 Acacia Avenue

Piece of Mind – Where Eagles Dare, Die With Your Boots On

Powerslave – Powerslave, The Duelist

Live After Death – Revelations, Flight Of Icarus

Somewhere in Time –  Caught Somewhere In Time, Stanger In A Strange Land

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son –   Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son

No Prayer for the Dying – No Prayer for the Dying, Public Enema No 1

Fear of the Dark – Fear of the Dark, Fear Is The Key

The X Factor – Sign Of The Cross, 2 AM

Virtual XI –  Clansman, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Brave New World – Thin Line Between Love And Hate, The Nomad

Rock in Rio – Sign of the Cross, The Clansmen

Dance of Death – Paschendale, Monteseguer

Death on the Road –  Dance of Death, Brave New World

A Matter of Life and Death – For the Greater Good of God, Lord Of Light

Thanks Sneak!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
I see A Matter of Life and Death pretty high in a lot of people's list's. Do most people really think it's that good? For a Maiden album I think it's pretty mediocre.

Its taken me a while to get into it too.  I think it just clicks for some people,  I thought it was just too different from their older stuff for a long time but I've grown to love it.  I just find it amazing that a band that were seemingly on their last legs creatively could come out with something as unexpected as AMOLAD

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08:33 PM »
@ TAC:  Ahh, The Nomad!!  My brother and I had a bit of a debate about that one.  I do agree that the solo section is mean and I like that the solos are microcosms of each guitarists playing style.  But the whole egyptian thing is a bit over done in my mind :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
G, what do you consider their best work?

I find AMOLAD extremely heavy, thoughtful, and surprising. This band is getting better. Since Bruce has returned, I really don't think they've put out a 3 album run, even in their prime, and rivals BNW,DOD, and AMOLAD.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
@ TAC:  Ahh, The Nomad!!  My brother and I had a bit of a debate about that one.  I do agree that the solo section is mean and I like that the solos are microcosms of each guitarists playing style.  But the whole egyptian thing is a bit over done in my mind :lol
I've always loved that song. I really don't equate it with an Egyptian feel, which might be overlooking it on my part.  My only gripe is how it transitions back into the last verse from that long instrumental piece. I think it really needed something a little more bombastic right there, Bruce is great on the chorus, and it just has a trance inducing pace to it.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »
I've always loved that song. I really don't equate it with an Egyptian feel, which might be overlooking it on my part.  My only gripe is how it transitions back into the last verse from that long instrumental piece. I think it really needed something a little more bombastic right there, Bruce is great on the chorus, and it just has a trance inducing pace to it.

Yeah, the lyrics on that last verse are pretty captain cheese too haha. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
You're the rider so mysterious!!!!!!!! :metal

You might be right :lol

Nah, I love it though!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »
Nomad = great

Though, I think it was a big missed opportunity to hear some bluesy solos from the Three Amigos in the quiet instrumental.  H especially. 

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
I havn't got too many maiden albums, inspite of the fact that they're one of my fav bands. Though Powerslave, A brave new world, and A matter of life and death were brilliant albums

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »

Harris said it was a "Lawrence of Arabia" kind of feel he was aiming for.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
I just uploaded a pro shot video to Youtube of Iron Maiden's concert in Santiago in 2009.  Although the TV broadcast edited out some bits (including the end of the concert  :facepalm:) overall it is a great show, and one of the best I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BFCF78FE9CE5FD16

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »

Its taken me a while to get into it too.  I think it just clicks for some people,  I thought it was just too different from their older stuff for a long time but I've grown to love it.  I just find it amazing that a band that were seemingly on their last legs creatively could come out with something as unexpected as AMOLAD

I dont really agree with this.  They started going towards a more progressive style during the X Factor and continued doing things a bit differently since then.  BNW and DOD were both different than Maiden w/ Bruce albums before that and AMOLAD was just a continuation of what they were moving towards.  The Legacy is one of Maiden's best songs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »
They are a band that is getting better musically with age.  They certainly embrace and make the most of their past, but the quality of their studio albums is rising. They are anything but sailing into the subset.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 02:28:04 PM »

I dont really agree with this.  They started going towards a more progressive style during the X Factor and continued doing things a bit differently since then.  BNW and DOD were both different than Maiden w/ Bruce albums before that and AMOLAD was just a continuation of what they were moving towards.  The Legacy is one of Maiden's best songs.

You're absolutely right, I'll retract that statement right now. :lol  Should've worded it better.  I really do not know what I was trying to say.  BAH

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »
WOOO! My copy of Flight 666 has been dispatched! :D
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
How so?  I thought it wasnt released til 25th?

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
Suppliers have them in stock, so they dispatched straight away. Should have it by the weekend hopefully.

EDIT - Holy crap, I've also just realised that it's released on World Towel Day. :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
You are lucky, here in the USA, we have to wait till June 9th.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
Yeah but you guys get all the good concerts.  Had to wait 16 years to see Maiden in NZ because 'oh no shame we live in de ass of de worrld.'