Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 432533 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #4620 on: December 18, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Waste of time.  They didn't even play El Dorado.  Weak.

You are pure evil.

Well, I wouldn't say no.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4621 on: February 19, 2015, 05:40:11 AM »
From their official FB:

BRUCE DICKINSON UNDERGOES CANCER TREATMENT

Just before Christmas, Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue. A seven week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis thankfully is extremely good. Bruce’s medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. In the meantime we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family’s privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #4622 on: February 19, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »
Yeah, just caught it. Bummer, but they caught it early. Get well soon, Brucie. Take your time.  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4623 on: February 19, 2015, 06:03:06 AM »
First  :omg:

Then  :tup Although cancer is serious either way, it seems to have gone the right way which is great news!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4624 on: February 19, 2015, 06:08:34 AM »
Wow! And of all places.

Get well soon!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4625 on: February 19, 2015, 06:16:14 AM »
Saw that on FB this morning, terrible news!  Luckily it sounds like Bruce will be ok, but that isnt good especially considering it's on his tongue so I wonder how that could or will affect his singing.  Man, my cat who I named Bruce (named after Mr Dickinson) I just had to put to sleep a couple weeks ago and now this?!  Really upsetting, get well soon Bruce!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4626 on: February 19, 2015, 06:26:03 AM »
Sad news. Speedy recovery, Bruce!  :metal

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4627 on: February 19, 2015, 07:09:15 AM »
Get well Bruce!!

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4628 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4629 on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »
...but that isnt good especially considering it's on his tongue so I wonder how that could or will affect his singing. 

I would be more concerned if it were his throat.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Art

« Reply #4630 on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »
I hope that he gets well really soon! Good luck, Bruce!  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4631 on: February 19, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »
Holy shit!  That's terrible stuff but Bruce is a perfect role model for all us stubborn males out there who put off going to the doctor.  Going to see a doctor for a checkup saved his life, such a beast of a man, love him. 

Hopefully it is as positive as they state and he'll be back fully fit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4632 on: February 19, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »
Bruce is a perfect role model for...
...a bunch of things.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4633 on: February 19, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »
Yikes, what surprising news out of nowhere. Kinda glad they kept it under wraps until it was mostly over. I've been having that itch for months, if not years now wondering when Maiden would hit the states again, and now I'm just hopeful they will be ABLE to hit the states again in the future. Hoping Bruce has a quick recovery. He's got plenty left to give.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4634 on: February 19, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
Yikes, what surprising news out of nowhere. Kinda glad they kept it under wraps until it was mostly over. I've been having that itch for months, if not years now wondering when Maiden would hit the states again, and now I'm just hopeful they will be ABLE to hit the states again in the future. Hoping Bruce has a quick recovery. He's got plenty left to give.

Yea Ive been having that itch too and that christmas card teaser really had me hoping not only for a US tour, but a new album.  Not sure where all of that stands now, but obviously thats not important in this situation.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4635 on: February 19, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
Yeah, that's some really unexpected news. Hopefully the man recovers, glad to hear they've found the cancer out on some early stage.

Man, my cat who I named Bruce (named after Mr Dickinson) I just had to put to sleep a couple weeks ago and now this?!  Really upsetting, get well soon Bruce!

Thankfully my cat (also named Bruce) is alive and well so far.

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4636 on: February 19, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
Bruce is a perfect role model for...
...a bunch of things.

Pretty much everything really.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #4637 on: February 19, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »
So most of my Concert Regrets are for shows that I was simply not old enough to go to. One such regret would be the Judas Priest/Iron Maiden tour in late 1982. This would be 8 months before I attended my first concert at the age of 14 1/2.
I've always hoped to lay my hands on a decent boot and early this week, the 10-19-82 Baltimore show came up on Dime. Here's the link:https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=513145

It's probably a B+ but that's good enough for me.
The setlist is:
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Wrathchild
Run To The Hills
Children Of The Damned
The Number Of The Beast
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Drifter

The version of Hallowed is incredible, and I cannot imagine how great it would've been to see them on a short stage.

I was going to go to this as my first concert and it got postponed and when Priest came back to make it up, Maiden wasn't on the bill.  :censored
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4638 on: February 19, 2015, 03:40:10 PM »
Oh wow, that's shocking news.  Glad its looking positive.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4639 on: February 19, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
So most of my Concert Regrets are for shows that I was simply not old enough to go to. One such regret would be the Judas Priest/Iron Maiden tour in late 1982. This would be 8 months before I attended my first concert at the age of 14 1/2.
All true here, except for me it was the next tour. I just missed out on Maiden, Saxon and the mighty Fastway by a couple of months. Think that might have been a better show than the one with Priest, and given my fondness for all three bands more of a disappointment. That said, seeing Priest on the Vengeance tour would have really been something else.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4640 on: February 19, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »
Even though all looks good, this news upsets me a little.  Just shows how life really sucks sometimes.  One of the greatest singers in the world gets a cancer in his mouth.  WTF!?

Offline Counselor of Prog

« Reply #4641 on: February 19, 2015, 05:28:58 PM »
A speedy and complete recovery for Bruce-Bruce.  UP THE IRONS!  :metal
"The only closed systems in the universe are hardened hearts and darkened minds." Scott Becker, Valley of the Shadow

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4642 on: February 19, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
Listening to TFF at the moment.  I can't believe how well this one has aged for me.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4643 on: February 20, 2015, 03:33:39 AM »
 Honestly, I have no knowledge of anyone else in the whole world who is more versatile than Bruce. He´s one of the best metal singers in the world, plays guitar and drums, has written two fiction books, produced a movie and acted in one, is an airplane pilot, marketing director of a flight company, has presented TV and radio shows, practiced fencing on a professional level, and is a motivational speaker as well...he´s the Da Vinci of the new millennium!!!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4644 on: February 20, 2015, 04:48:54 AM »
When we're talking about a proper famous role model in rock/metal for kids, parents, teens or adults I don't think there have ever been a more solid candidate than Bruce Dickinson in rock n' roll history. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:27:24 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4645 on: February 20, 2015, 05:48:44 AM »
When we're talking about a proper famous role model in rock/metal for kids, parents, teens or adults I don't think there have every been a more solid candidate than Bruce Dickinson in rock n' roll history.

Yea, he is definitely a great role model and for a metal musician, his stance on drugs is also something that kids and their parents can look up to.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4646 on: February 20, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
Listening to TFF at the moment.  I can't believe how well this one has aged for me.

Especially El Dorado!  :2metal:

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #4647 on: February 20, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »

Especially Starblind!  :2metal:

Fixed. :2metal: :hefdaddy
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4648 on: February 20, 2015, 02:45:30 PM »

Especially El Dorado!  :2metal:

Hey, I didn't skip it!  ;D

Especially Starblind!  :2metal:

Fixed. :2metal: :hefdaddy

Still the best song on the album IMO.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #4649 on: February 20, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
Yeah, Final Frontier has aged really well. Though Isle of Avalon is still the best song on that album by about a light year on that album.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4650 on: February 23, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
This is pretty damn cool:

Maiden77, an online site dedicated to the early days of IRON MAIDEN, arranged for four of the five members of MAIDEN's 1977 lineup to get together for the first time in 37 years on Saturday, February 21 in London, England.

Tony Moore (keyboards), Terry Wapram (guitars), Barry Purkis (a.k.a. Thunderstick; drums, percussion) and Dennis Willcock (vocals) gathered at the Hope And Anchor, where Wapram's band, BUFFALO FISH, was performing. Missing from the "reunion" was founder, bassist and primary songwriter Steve Harris.

The ex-MAIDEN members all got on well and are looking at recording the IRON MAIDEN songs as they were originally played back in 1977.

Willcock is currently working on a project called GV1 and shows are being lined up.

Also pictured below is an IRON MAIDEN setlist from 1977, showing that songs from the band's first album and "Killers" were already being played in some shape or form back in those days.

We had been planning something but to be honest did not know if we could pull this off a reunion of 80% of the 1977/1978 line up...... Terry Wapram, Dennis willcock, Tony Moore, Barry 'Thunderstick' Purkis.. Thank you guys it was an amazing night

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4651 on: February 23, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »
They should totally bring back 'Can't Remember' in to their setlists. I would love to hear that with the current line-up.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4652 on: February 23, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »
^ :lol

Love me some Rothchild.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4653 on: February 23, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »

I love the look on Steve's face. Like "Who the fu#k are these guys and I am so not playing with them". :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4654 on: February 23, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »
 :lol

Btw Floating?? Rothchild!  :biggrin:

Is it from left to right: Terry Wapram, Dennis willcock, Tony Moore, Barry 'Thunderstick' Purkis?