Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 435361 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
I didnt realise how bad Bruce's voice is on LAD till recently.  So glad he got BETTER with age.  What a legend.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »
Beast Over Hammersmith isnt a full concert though unless you have something I don't have.  I think Bruce sounds so much better now than he did in that concert.

The best would be between RiR and F666 for me.

The 2CD set that came in the Eddie's Casket box set is the full concert if I am not mistaken. If it is not, what exactly is missing?

Oh yea, I have that.  For some reason I was thinking of DVDs, not CDs.  Only part of BOH is on the early years DVD.  And yes, that whole concert is amazing, but I still think Bruce's vocals are much better now. I wish they released an Early Years Tour DVD/CD.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »
Listening to AMOLAD at the mo.  My word, Adrian OWNS this record.  He's solid gold.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »
Listening to AMOLAD at the mo.  My word, Adrian OWNS this record.  He's solid gold.

Lord of Light solo ftw
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2009, 08:43:21 AM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

Thats a given.  Cant really think of a 'bad' Nicko album.  Maybe some spots in RiR but that probably doesnt count

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

Thats a given.  Cant really think of a 'bad' Nicko album.  Maybe some spots in RiR but that probably doesnt count

I would say Live After Death.  On the video he's on but on the album he's all over the place, screwing up a bunch of fills.

What spots in RiR are you talking about?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

I would say Live After Death.  On the video he's on but on the album he's all over the place, screwing up a bunch of fills.

What spots in RiR are you talking about?

The end of NOTB is pretty sloppy.  And the random hi hat mash during the 2 mins intro.  Out of time coming in to Ghost of the Navigator.  Not much, I know.  Also I dont really like how his snare goes all St Anger-ey near the end.

I'm clutching at straws here. :lol 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:35 AM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

What about The X Factor..remember the whole "Steve Harris is actually playing the drums" urban legend.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
I didnt realise how bad Bruce's voice is on LAD till recently.  So glad he got BETTER with age.  What a legend.

Yeah, it's pretty bad.  The problem is that the So-Cal dates were at the very end of the tour.  If you watch the Iron Curtain stuff which is from the beginning of the tour, he sounds great.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
Behind The Iron Curtain is one of the best done videos of all time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »
Is Bruces voice really that much better on Iron Curtain though?  I dont reckon.  All i can say is i'm gald he is what he is now.  I was listening to SSOASS and it sounded to me like he was, i dunno... trying to hard I guess.  These days he's much more relaxed and confident in his tone, its much better

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

What about The X Factor..remember the whole "Steve Harris is actually playing the drums" urban legend.

Wasn't that VXI?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
Behind The Iron Curtain is one of the best done videos of all time.

What a gem for a bonus feature on the LAD DVD.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2009, 10:39:13 AM »
Is Bruces voice really that much better on Iron Curtain though?  I dont reckon.  All i can say is i'm gald he is what he is now.  I was listening to SSOASS and it sounded to me like he was, i dunno... trying to hard I guess.  These days he's much more relaxed and confident in his tone, its much better
I recall that it was much better than LAD, but certainly not at the level that it is now. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »

Nicko OWNS this record.

Wasn't that VXI?

You know, I think you may be right!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:49 AM »
I think the X Factor legend was that Steve was producing it, and because he's sorta deaf it sounds better if you listen to it with earmuffs on.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2009, 12:05:11 PM »
I think the X Factor legend was that Steve was producing it, and because he's sorta deaf it sounds better if you listen to it with earmuffs on.

Not cool, X-Factor is an awesome album.  The sound however isn't the greatest though and there are too many bass intros to the songs.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »

That also applies to Virtual XI, since the producer of The X Factor was Nigel Green.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »
Just picket up my copy of Flight 666!  :metal

Going to be watching it tonight.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »

Not cool, X-Factor is an awesome album.  The sound however isn't the greatest though and there are too many bass intros to the songs.

Of course the X Factor is a great album.  I just despair at what it could have been... with better production, and a decent performance by Blaze, it might've been my favourite Maiden album.  The production and vocals kill it.

Also, they should've added Judgment Day.  I have no idea why it wasn't included.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »

Of course the X Factor is a great album.  I just despair at what it could have been... with better production, and a decent performance by Blaze, it might've been my favourite Maiden album.  The production and vocals kill it.

Also, they should've added Judgment Day.  I have no idea why it wasn't included.

I don't think Judgement Day is one of the better songs of those sessions. The X Factor is already too long by at least 2 songs.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2009, 06:10:09 AM »
I think it would've been the perfect opener.  The Unbeliever should've been cut in its place then.

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:03 AM »
Impossible for me to list my top ten songs, but here's a list of my favorites.  I will say that Blood Brothers is easily a top 5 for me though.  I love the middle and ending solos.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Rime of AM
Flash of the Blade
Aces High
Heaven Can Wait
Infinite Dreams
MoonChild
Fear of the Dark
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Clansman
Blood Brothers
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »
Some great songs listed there Serp.
Nice to see Flash Of The Blade gets some props. I'm kinda partial to The Dualist myself.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
The Duellist has one of Maiden's best instrumental sections.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
A friend of mine laughed at me when I told him my favorite was Mother Russia.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »

I don't think it will fit on the album, but its one of my favorite songs with Blaze on the vocals.

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »
I've been listening to Brave New World a lot recently and the song Out of the Silent Planet has vaulted out of my most hated Maiden songs.  It's achieved a tolerable status where I don't need to skip over it everytime it comes on......
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2009, 12:45:32 PM »
A friend of mine laughed at me when I told him my favorite was Mother Russia.

Your friend may have a point. :P

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »
I've been listening to Brave New World a lot recently and the song Out of the Silent Planet has vaulted out of my most hated Maiden songs.  It's achieved a tolerable status where I don't need to skip over it everytime it comes on......

I enjoy the Single Edit on Visions of the Beast a lot more than the album version, it gives it better pace and flow

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
Dantes Inferno by Iced Earth reminds me of Sign of the Cross. I'm a fan of the X-factor just think the guitars could have been much better.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »
Where and how?

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
Everything  - the biblical theme of it, the quiet opening followed by the heavy verses, the slow mid-section and bridges. The guitar solos as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2009, 03:14:08 PM »
Everything  - the biblical theme of it, the quiet opening followed by the heavy verses, the slow mid-section and bridges. The guitar solos as well.

OK good enough. I was only asking because I've never made the connection. I wasn't being wise :)