Author Topic: THE Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 435688 times)

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
Re: THE Iron Maiden Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
It arrived this morning! :D

Watching the 2nd disc at the moment and on the middle bit of heaven can wait. Nicko really seems to be improving with age. :metal:
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
I got SSOASS and SIT, all I gotta say is :metal :metal :metal
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »
I got SSOASS and SIT, all I gotta say is :metal :metal :metal

I've been meaning to ask you how you made out with those.
I remember when SiT came out, I thought it was great and was my favorite album of theirs at the time. Caught Somewhere In Time still ranks in my Maiden Top 3. It's really a shame they didn't bust it out for the Back In Time tour.

7th Son just has such a classy feel. I love Infinite Dreams. For me, The Prophecy is a very overlooked song. It's certainly not a top tier Maiden song, but Bruce is great in it.

Nicko really seems to be improving with age.

Nicko IS improving with age. The whole band is. That's what's amazing about them. :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »

Nicko IS improving with age.
If only Lars could do the same...
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Makes you appreciate Dave Lombardo and Charlie Benante!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

Makes you appreciate Dave Lombardo and Charlie Benante!
I've always appreciated them. I always thought they are way better than Lars.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2009, 03:29:18 PM »
I love Charlie's bit on MP's In Constant Motion DVD. Easily the best of the 3 drummers featured. When Charlie busts out 6:00, it's priceless.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »
I love Charlie's bit on MP's In Constant Motion DVD. Easily the best of the 3 drummers featured. When Charlie busts out 6:00, it's priceless.
Richard Christy was awesome as well.

He did Hot for Teacher flawlessly!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »
Niko's best drumming was on AMOLAD, so yeah, he is definitely improving with age.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
Am I the only Maiden fan that thinks Sanctuary and Wrathchild are overrated as hell?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
Am I the only Maiden fan that thinks Sanctuary and Wrathchild are overrated as hell?

No.  Great songs, but IMO not worthy of the amount of times they get played live.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »
I find The Ides Of March/Wrathchild one of the best combined openers. Plus, Wrathchild wipes the floor with Sanctuary.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
IMO, Ides of March works better as the intro to Murders In The Rue Morgue like on the 82 tour and 2005 tour. :metal
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »
I find The Ides Of March/Wrathchild one of the best combined openers. Plus, Wrathchild wipes the floor with Sanctuary.
IMO, Ides of March works better as the intro to Murders In The Rue Morgue like on the 82 tour and 2005 tour. :metal

QFT

Offline RealityDream

• Falling Into Infinity
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
I really need to get more Maiden. So far, I have A Matter of Life and Death, Brave New World, and A Number Of The Beast. They just have so many albums, it's hard to have enough money to spend on them (also considering all the new releases this year.)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2009, 06:24:39 AM »
I really need to get more Maiden. So far, I have A Matter of Life and Death, Brave New World, and A Number Of The Beast. They just have so many albums, it's hard to have enough money to spend on them (also considering all the new releases this year.)

Well, you've got 3 of their best so you've done a good job so far. I'd fill out their 80's prime years next.
Your next purchase should be:
Piece Of Mind

Then get..
Seventh Son
Powerslave
Somewhere In Time

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2009, 06:31:13 AM »

Man, I can't believe your talking about Lars.  My wife yesterday while we were driving in my car heard one of the newer songs from Death Magnetic and she said, "Lars has never progressed as a drummer. I don't like his style".  How weird is it they you guys we're having a conversation about the same thing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2009, 07:19:26 AM »
Not very, considering that it's true enough. I'm sure there's many others having the same conversation right now all over the world. :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »

Man, I can't believe your talking about Lars.  My wife yesterday while we were driving in my car heard one of the newer songs from Death Magnetic and she said, "Lars has never progressed as a drummer. I don't like his style".  How weird is it they you guys we're having a conversation about the same thing.
About as weird as your wife talking about it! :lol
Good for you!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »

Good for you!!

TAC, my wife is more of a metalhead than myself.  It was her solace as a kid to get away from her family(That's a whole different story).
On a side note. I was over my mothers yesterday and pulled out and old Aces High Picture Album with Eddie in a Cockpit of an areoplane being shot at. Do you have this picture disk?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2009, 08:42:50 AM »
It'd be the Aces High single from 1984.

They were selling t-shirts of it the last tour.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2009, 08:49:11 AM »

Good for you!!

TAC, my wife is more of a metalhead than myself.  It was her solace as a kid to get away from her family(That's a whole different story).
On a side note. I was over my mothers yesterday and pulled out and old Aces High Picture Album with Eddie in a Cockpit of an areoplane being shot at. Do you have this picture disk?

I believe I do. I KNOW I have the picture discs from the 7th Son singles. B-sides FTW!!

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
Flight 666 will premiere on Paladia on June 6th.  :metal
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »
Flight 666 will premiere on Paladia on June 6th.  :metal

In theaters? Its being released on DVD on that date here in the USA.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »
Was released yesterday here.  Gotta wait til payday tommorow though :eyebrows:

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
My dad just emailed me saying he pre-ordered Flight 666 :victorydance:

I introduced him to Maiden a few weeks ago (he's a prog head/snob), and he's been a rabid fan ever since. He can't get enough!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »
Ha!  Awesome!  I've had the soundtrack to F666 on repeat in the car since i got it, so good.  Faces will melt.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
Out of curiosity, is the concert footage in Fl666 directed by Ari again?  I have to re-up my phenobarbital to watch his concert videos. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »
No, thankfully he had no hand in any of the editing or direction. :D

Death on the Road made my eyes bleed and the only live video I have with no strobing but still has epilepsy warnings at the start. :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »
 :lol

So true!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:04 PM »
MP has spoiled us.  Nobody directs concert videos as well as he does.  Absolutely perfect, every time. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
After hearing the DT cover of Maiden, I want more. Best first album?

Also not surprised that the new DVD is getting good reviews as Sam Dunn is an excellent director.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »
Ha!  Awesome!  I've had the soundtrack to F666 on repeat in the car since i got it, so good.  Faces will melt.

The soundtrack is fantastic.  Maybe too early for me since I haven't listened to it more than a couple times, but it may be the best live album to listen to by Maiden.  The sound is fantastic and some of the old songs with the 3 guitars sound much better than they did on RiR and DOTR.  Also ROTAM being played is like icing on the cake. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2009, 05:45:28 AM »

The soundtrack is fantastic.  Maybe too early for me since I haven't listened to it more than a couple times, but it may be the best live album to listen to by Maiden.  The sound is fantastic and some of the old songs with the 3 guitars sound much better than they did on RiR and DOTR.  Also ROTAM being played is like icing on the cake. 
I wasn't actually planning on getting the CD. Maybe I will. I wish Phantom and Children were included.
Death On The Road is pretty damn good, though.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
It's worth it only for H's singing on Wasted Years
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."