Author Topic: Riverside - New album ID.Entity out January 20 2023  (Read 133756 times)

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Riverside (merged thread)
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
indeed, i hopped right on the SLS and REM vinyl when i saw that. such an expensive month ;_;

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
I want that brown marbled vinyl but it's fucking expensive...
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
I was recently introduced to this band by zxlkho. I listened to Second Life Syndrome and Rapid Eye Movement. I can already see this band becoming one of my favorites. What would you recommend me to listen to next?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
Anno Domini High Definition. Then Out of Myself. Both are amazing.
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »
i'd actually recommend both Out of Myself and Memories in My Head before trying ADHD, which strays just far enough from the other material to make it tougher to dive into (though certainly just as rewarding).

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »
Listened to Out of Myself. I liked it a lot. Tried to listen to the other two you recommended but grooveshark doesn't have all the tracks for those   :-\

Offline Liberation

« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
I'm really happy they finally released SLS and REM on vinyl. Especially REM, it's been my favourite since I first heard it (and I love all four albums), and since it sounds amazing imo (especially bass!), I couldn't wait to hear it on vinyl. I'm just slightly unhappy they left Ultimate Trip for the second disc, I don't like having to manually turn off the vinyl because the last song isn't the last on the side...

Btw, anyone seen them live last tour? I saw them in Kraków and it was awesome. And finally full Ultimate Trip without cutting! :)

Offline jag66

« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

Btw, anyone seen them live last tour? I saw them in Kraków and it was awesome. And finally full Ultimate Trip without cutting! :)

Yeh saw them in uk, the setlist was incredible, only slight shame was they didnt play all of SLS (song)

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
We're happy to inform you that on Mystic Production site you can now order Reality Dream Trilogy consisting of:

CD1: OUT OF MYSELF
CD2: VOICES IN MY HEAD
CD3: SECOND LIFE SYNDROME
CD4: SECOND LIVE SYNDROME (LIVE)
CD5: RAPID EYE MOVEMENT
CD6: RAPID EYE MOVEMENT II

So far, it's available from www.mystic.pl (for poland and czech) and www.rockserwis.pl (Worldwide)
Don't know if it will be available anywhere else.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »
It's kinda weird.
I read in the newspaper here that it was announced that Riverside are playing here in November, I checked the ticket-pre order on the net, and yes, the info-page had a link to Riverside's website.
So far so cool, but their own website hasn't made any updates to include the gig in the list, and they haven't updated anything about the gig on their facebook-page.
So the only "proof" of this gig even existing is the fact that I can buy tickets for Riverside here, but they haven't announced anything themselves.

Considering the fact that there are like 5 different Riverside's, I think I'll wait a few days and see if anything changes on their facebook/website.
I'm fairly sure it is them though, just want it confirmed.
If so, then I'm seeing them live in November!  :)

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
So far, it's available from www.mystic.pl (for poland and czech) and www.rockserwis.pl (Worldwide)

can't find it on Rockserwis, which is too bad, since this would be a great way to get those albums on CD that i haven't yet bought. is the Second Life Syndrome Live disc exclusive? weird they'd include it but not Reality Dream Live.

also, i got the SLS and REM LPs in the mail today — gorgeous things, they are!

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »

can't find it on Rockserwis, which is too bad, since this would be a great way to get those albums on CD that i haven't yet bought. is the Second Life Syndrome Live disc exclusive? weird they'd include it but not Reality Dream Live.

also, i got the SLS and REM LPs in the mail today — gorgeous things, they are!
Search for Riverside and it will be the last item. There is no picture and the item is 99.00zl
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »
what a great price — under $40 CAD with shipping :O

(thanks, turns out there was something screwy with Chrome that wouldn't let it display Rockserwis search results... may have been Flashblock, but either way, it was ordered!)

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »
I'm undecided... the price on that pack is awesome, and it would be really nice to get most of Riverside's discog in one batch, but on the other hand I really prefer individual cases (I like how they look on the shelf) and I don't care much about the live disc. Will have to think about this for a while.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
For europeans out there, right now in play.com you have SLS, REM and ADHD at 5 euros each. I'm getting these instead of the pack above, I'm not really that interested in the live CD and the extra CD of REM, so it's much cheaper.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
Mariusz Duda's solo-project Lunatic Soul just released a new album, Impressions.  It has some really good stuff, particularly Impressions III, IV, and V.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
I AM A GUY

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnK8DEYWxKs

Awesome video!
On another note, seeing them live on Tuesday, so excited about it! :caffeine:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »
Bump!

Just came home from seeing them live, first time for me, so was really excited about it.
Managed to catch a glimpse of Mariusz, Piotr (the guitarst) (think it was him at least!) and someone else (not a band-member but some polish guy) standing outside before the show, smoking.
Sadly they disappeared before I got that close, but sadly I didn't have my camera anyway, but would have loved to say hi. :/

Anyhow, the concert itself was REALLY REALLY awesome.
Spoiler-alert income, but the setlist was this:

1. After
2. Artificial Smile
3. Hyperactive
4. Living in the Past
5. Ultimate Trip
6. Conceiving You
7. Egoist Hedonist
8. Left Out
9. Panic Room
10. Second Life Syndrome (Part 1 and 3)
--Encore--
11. Forgotten Land
12. Reality Dream III

The show was really really amazing as I said, the sound was almost crystal clear, the band was very skilled (which I already knew), but they really impressed me with how well they played together, they were totally in sync for all of the concert!
Mariusz was really funny, told some jokes about how bad music taste we have here in Sweden (we really do)  :lol, and he asked the people in the far back of the venue (there's a bar in the back) if they were there for Riverside or for some other band afterwards, made me giggle a bit.
Hard to pick highlights, but Forgotten Land and Ultimate Trip were two standouts for me, all of the show was just incredible, even though they left out some of my personal favorites (like Beyond the Eyelids and Hybrid Times), I still really enjoyed all of it, and I can't complain, because whatever they play, it's going to be great. (fantastic discography overall)
I actually expected them to play something from Out of Myself (which they didn't), but my guess is that maybe they didn't get more time at the venue or something, they still played for about 1 hour 50 minutes, so was really good.
Still can't believe how amazing they were live, I'm easily seeing them on the next tour again!  :metal

Offline jag66

« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2011, 03:30:11 PM »
Yeh they're awsome live. Think they played Out of Myself, Loose Heart & The Curtain Falls from OoM when I saw them earlier in the year.

Forgotten Land is a fantastic song  :tup

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:18 AM »
Forgotten Land has quickly become one of my favorite Riverside songs, the outro especially is just so great!
Can't wait for a new album, hopefully next year. :)

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:01 AM »
Indeed.  I'd probably put Forgotten Lands in their top 5.

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
Does anyone have one of the Riverside Vinyl? I am thinking about getting all of them (except for Out of Myself, that's too hard to find) and I was wondering what the sound quality of these are. I hope they are more than a cd transfer but I don't know how InsideOut does Vinyl.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2012, 01:41:24 AM »
Great to hear. I was expecting an album from them this year (since they've talked about it earlier), but great stuff never the less.  :)

Offline jag66

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2012, 06:28:12 AM »
Sounds interesting. I prefer their earlier work, so although it's a shame they'll be moving from that, hopefully then can shine with a different style. As long as they don't go all "prog metal" I'll be interested in what they'll come up with.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2012, 06:58:12 AM »
Nice. I also hope they go back to what they did in their first albums. I like ADHD but I prefer their earlier work.

Offline adace

« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
update on the new album:

I think it’s high time I wrote a few words about our latest recordings. I know that up until now, except one weird video and some photos, not much information has been posted about the progress in creating Riverside’s new album. I know, I’m aware of that. I admit that I’m not a big fan of exaggerating and hyping it up in advance. Instead of writing about what we’re planning to do, what we’re going to wear and what incredible stuff we’re going to eat and drink during the upcoming sessions, I preferred to concentrate on the hard facts. I know, though, that nowadays some information-hungry fans, who can’t get enough of new facts, get impatient and are quick to think that something’s wrong. For some, not being able to access new information 24/7 is hard to accept. We live in a time when not answering your phone is easily interpreted as rude and sends a message to the caller that you're ignoring them when, in fact, you just may not feel like talking or need some privacy. What privacy? A majority of professions now require you to give up your privacy—you have to be available all the time. Also, ones private life is often exposed and made public thanks to some people who make their living doing this.

Yes, that’s right. I’ve just said a few words about the new lyrics that are being written. The music is already composed. The sketches that we recorded in March have been edited and we've selected some parts, gotten rid of some things, and introduced some others. Now we’re recording what should be there in the end. How many songs will there be? Most probably, eight. There will be one longer song, and the others —all shorter than... six,seven minutes. Now it seems the album will be more or less fifty minutes long. We’ve already recorded the drums and bass for five tracks. This week we’re recording some guitar and keyboards parts.

The Serakos studio in Warsaw changed its location while I was recording Lunatic's Impressions and is now bigger and much better equipped. I had to come back here. I can already hear that this is going to be our best production but I'm not only referring to the recording. I was uncertain of what would come out of this album. At the end of last year I still didn’t have a clear idea about it. I didn’t know which way to go. And then I asked myself,” What is it that I enjoy most about our music? And as a band - what haven’t we discovered yet, which alleys and corners haven’t we fully explored? What do we need to do for this album to have its own specific character and sound?” So we sat at our rehearsal place, we drew some stuff on paper and began to learn the new songs. Now we’re in the studio and slowly, note by note, we’re transferring it all onto the hard disc. And you know what? It’s good.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2012, 01:41:56 AM »
Really excited about their next album. :)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2012, 08:49:42 AM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEES.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Just spun Second Life Syndrome as a little homage after reading those news. Damn is it good, I believe it's their best. I used to like REM better but there really is no comparison - SLS has better individual tracks as well as an outstanding flow.

Offline jag66

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »
Just spun Second Life Syndrome as a little homage after reading those news. Damn is it good, I believe it's their best. I used to like REM better but there really is no comparison - SLS has better individual tracks as well as an outstanding flow.

SLS is easily my favourite, amazing album if you ask me.

Looking forward to the new record!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
I still prefer REM, because it has Ultimate Trip and Beyond the Eyelids. (2 of their absolute best songs for me)

Offline darkshade

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »
Guys, Riverside is clearly better than REM!

All joking aside, I think ADHD is their best album. Maybe because it was my first Riverside album, but I enjoy the energy on that one than the previous 3.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
I prefer the somber feel of OOM.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD