Author Topic: OSI - Official Thread  (Read 110109 times)

Offline crawl_away

Re: OSI - "Official thread" (SPOILERS)
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
FUCK YES. CAN'T WAIT!

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
Still no press release or samples. Come on, NB, don't be noobs!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
Awesome title if it is! If not...first single?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2012, 03:13:02 AM »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
Now to find the US / N. America site.  The only thing that sucks is that this is at about the same time Flying Colors is getting released.  I hate having albums I anticipate being released on the same date, but if freaking happens all the time  :lol

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
If I don't get some OSI song samples soon I might go on a murderous rampage.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »

Here you go https://www.metalblade.com/osi/

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »

Here you go https://www.metalblade.com/osi/
Just listened.

OH.  FUCK.  YEAH.  :letam: :2metal: :metal

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: January 23, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Sounds good.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
N. America pre-order site:  https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/band/osi

Has a CD/Shirt bundle, and the CD itself is only $10.  No idea what shipping is though.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »
OSI: Brand New Album Announced! Tracklisting and Album Artwork Revealed

"Fire Make Thunder" Audio Medley Now Available!

Fire Make Thunder marks the fourth undertaking for the collaborative duo known as OSI. Formed in 2002 by Jim Matheos (Fates Warning, Arch/Matheos) and Kevin Moore (Chroma Key, former Dream Theater keyboardist), OSI is a long distance partnership, both musicians typically writing and recording alone and sending song ideas back and forth for further elaboration. Written and recorded throughout most of 2011, this latest release once again reflects the eclectic influences of both Matheos and Moore.

Fire Make Thunder is slated for a March 27th release via Metal Blade Records. Today OSI unveils the artwork and the tracklisting for their fourth release.

Track listing:
1) Cold Call
2) Guards
3) Indian Curse
4) Enemy Prayer
5) Wind Won't Howl
6) Big Chief II
7) For Nothing
8) Invisible Men

Additionally, OSI has released an exclusive audio medley from Fire Make Thunder, which features audio samples from the upcoming release. The medley as well as pre-order opportunities can be accessed HERE.

Returning as the band’s session drummer is Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree, this time co-writing one of the tracks with the band. All other instruments and programming were performed by both Matheos and Moore, while vocals and lyrics were handled exclusively by Moore.

All of the recording for Fire Make Thunder, with the exception of drums, was done by Moore and Matheos at each musician’s respective home studio with drums being recorded at Harrison’s home in London. Final overdubs as well as some additional writing/arranging was completed in July 2011 in Jamaica, Iowa, where the band mixed alongside engineer Matt Sepanic at Sound Farm Studio and Recording Environment. Mastering was handled by renowned engineer Roger Siebel. The record was produced by both Moore and Matheos.

We reached out to OSI for comments on the album. Our calls have not been returned.

For More Information Please Visit:
https://www.osiband.com
https://www.metalblade.com/osi
https://twitter.com/osi_band
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OSI/203893353038854
https://www.youtube.com/osivideos
https://plus.google.com/101327182573580737209
https://www.myspace.com/osiband

Audio link: https://www.metalblade.com/osi/
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »
smile EVERYWHERE YES I LOVE IT

Oh my word this sounds so fucking good. I think it has everything that I want. The more metal elements of Blood along with the subtlety of Free. Some songs have their own newer feel too but still sounds like OSI. I think I'm going to love this so damn much. AHHHHHJUSTINBEIBERRRR!!!!! Fuckin' March... Can't come soon enough.

Invisible Men  :heart
Oh and 'injun' FTW.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:22:05 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
It sounds incredible!  Kevin's hair sure got whiteish though.  Damn, his voice sounds fucking awesome!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:34 AM »
Yeah it really did, I wonder if he's been unusually stressed..? Or it just runs in the family... He always sound amazing; no other voice like his. I really am so insanely excited for this, more than any other band in a long time. Woohoo!!

RIP DTP.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
These samples sound great. Sounds like a great balance, as I'd hoped. :tup

The most amazing part of all is that the samples sound like so many more songs than eight, so it should be a pretty wild ride.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

The most amazing part of all is that the samples sound like so many more songs than eight, so it should be a pretty wild ride.

I thought the same, I don't exactly hope for long(er) songs but if they are then all the better. Yeah, I was surprised when Invisible Men ended and it kept playing snippets; that's awesome though that there is that much material. The album isn't even out yet and I'm already thinking of B-sides and unused tracks.  :laugh: I'm so giddy right now it's not even funny.

RIP DTP.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
N. America pre-order site:  https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/band/osi

Has a CD/Shirt bundle, and the CD itself is only $10.  No idea what shipping is though.

OH!  Great find, thank you!

Preordered.  I am waiting impatiently for the release.  :caffeine:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Awesome samples. I like where this is going!

Pre-ordered the CD/T-Shirt bundle, ended up being $32.16 with the cheapest UPS ground shipping available. Not bad!

March is going to be a FUN month, and April will be spent absorbing all the new music coming out then!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
I'm going to wait for there to be more options when I order it. $10 for shipping a CD is pretty steep.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
I'm going to wait for there to be more options when I order it. $10 for shipping a CD is pretty steep.

That is pretty damn steep.  As much as I love the T, I've resently come to the realization that I don't need anymore, I have 29 T-shirts I wear on a regular basis - and I'm going to have to start dressing "more professionally" soon. *UGH*

Damnit I would have loved it if the first day of class my teacher came in rocking a Iron Maiden shirt.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
Can't.  Stop.  Listening.  Kevin's voice is layered and harmonized really well, particularly in the "Cold Call" clip.  He's really mastered the use of his voice.  You can hear the growth from album to album.  Jim did a good job on bass too, from what I hear in the clips.  And it's good to hear some acoustic parts and some piano!

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
Hmm, sounds okay. I'm sure the full album with make a better impression on me.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
4:55-end. FUCK, this is so good. Gives me the exact same feeling the Blood sampler did with the title track. This album... haven't been that excited since forever. /fanboyism

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2012, 04:09:57 PM »
Can't.  Stop.  Listening.  Kevin's voice is layered and harmonized really well, particularly in the "Cold Call" clip.  He's really mastered the use of his voice.  You can hear the growth from album to album.  Jim did a good job on bass too, from what I hear in the clips.  And it's good to hear some acoustic parts and some piano!

Ye siree, it sounds so very clear even through a sampled Youtube stream. It all sounds golden. I'm really loving the samples especially from Enemy Prayer, Wind Won't Howl and Invisible Men though. I have such a musical hard on for Moore. Can't say I've heard a lick of Matheos outside OSI but the bass did catch me on a few tracks. These two mesh together so well; I really hope they tour because I would travel and pay out the ass to see them. Ararar I am so excited but I just wanna sleep through till March 27th now!

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention how amazingly gorgeous that album cover is; I gotta say seeing it now I'm really glad it wasn't as simplistic as the 'planets/god-bird' image. This one seems a bit much at first but it flows beautifully. Er... To say I'm a fanboy of these guys is such an understatement. I REALLY WANT THIS RIGHT NOW. I can't stop grinning at "C'mon injun curse" though, hahaha! I don't think it will detract from the song but..really...like, straight up "inJUN". Although now that I think about it, surely that was done purposefully for some kind of statement within the song. Either way, I'm going to go listen to the medley again and fap to those images of Moore.

I don't know why it didn't stand out to me before but Big Chief II is fuckin' heavily groovy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:18:23 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline j

« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »

Completely agree with all of this.  Cannot wait for this album!

-J

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
$10 for cheapest shipping is fucking rediculous. I was going to get the package deal, but instead I'll just buy the album via Amazon.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »
$10 for cheapest shipping is fucking rediculous. I was going to get the package deal, but instead I'll just buy the album via Amazon.
Unfortunately, this is probably what I'll be doing as well. The samples sound great, though.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »
Great news, the audio medley sounds awesome! :metal I'm looking forward to hearing Big Chief II the most and For Nothing sounds interesting too. Also, judging by the clip of Cold Call, Kevin has started using samples again.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »
I have listened to nothing but the samples for the past 24 hours.  I think I've played in at least 50 times so far lol.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
So gooodd  :hefdaddy

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »

It really is, but I want this so badly that I need to feel like I have it now; thus... I went ahead and pre-ordered it with the tee. Very happy right now, I can't wait. Only for this band (er...and Wilson and Opeth).

I have listened to nothing but the samples for the past 24 hours.  I think I've played in at least 50 times so far lol.

:lol Srsly, me too. I'm really loving that lil keyboard shtick after the chorus in Big Chief II. I really have a feeling that these samples aren't even the tip of the iceberg of this album. I realllly wish we had track times as well but perhaps they're still doing some slight edits here and there. But yeah... Not even close to tiring of this yet and my iTunes count says I've listened to it 23 times already. (Youtube video converter FTW...good quality at that) ;D And that didn't count the night drive I took for a few hours and playing nothing but this.

Also, upon further inspection, Moore does not in fact say "injun"! Woohoo! Fwahaha... It really did sound like he was saying it, hearing it on my shitty little computer speakers. Thank god... I don't know why but that's a really random pet peeve with me. I can now love this album unconditionally. Pshyeah right... Like I'm not going insane super saiyan fanboy mode as it is.

So glad to have it down on paper that I legally own this album. I just...need it...in my hands... NOW. Kthanksnowbacktothemedley

RIP DTP.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:01 AM »
Can't stop listening.

Also, https://twitter.com/#!/osi_band/status/162054885557288961 - makes me sad. Demos, making-of docu, stuff like that would be so awesome to have once again.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »
I listened to a bit of the sample and stopped.  I want the album to be as fresh as possible when I hear it.

Think about this - Let's say this album maintains the quality of the last three.  That would have to be considered one of the best four album runs by any band, right?
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Can't stop listening.

Also, https://twitter.com/#!/osi_band/status/162054885557288961 - makes me sad. Demos, making-of docu, stuff like that would be so awesome to have once again.

Yeah, I was a bit disheartened when I read that as well. But hey at this point I'm just glad to even have an OSI4. I won't count out the possibility that they're hiding maybe a few clips here or there, maybe a couple like they did with Blood but I'm happy with what we have.

I listened to a bit of the sample and stopped.  I want the album to be as fresh as possible when I hear it.

Think about this - Let's say this album maintains the quality of the last three.  That would have to be considered one of the best four album runs by any band, right?

Yeah, no kidding; there aren't many bands that I can say I really love each and every album and nearly every track on each. Very rare. Despite my immense fanboy-ism and giddyness for this album, I still try and manage my expectations but for this one after hearing what I have, I do expect it to be just as good as the last three if not better in some regards. Granted, I do not expect it to be better than their S/T, which is one of my favorite albums of any band but if it's as good as Blood I'll be extremely happy. It'd be quite the discography to have, especially considering this was supposed to be a one-off project.

RIP DTP.