Author Topic: Playstation Portable  (Read 6131 times)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Playstation Portable
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
Lumines is a fun game.  Dissidia is good for constantly killing Tidus.  Other than that, I'm not really aware of any games that looked particularly interesting on PSP.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
Dissidia is good for constantly killing Tidus.

:|...

MUST BUY. :metal

I only have Crisis Core, and, surprisingly, it's pretty good. If you loved FFVII, I'd recommend getting it; it's one big nostalgia fest.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
Got one for Christmas and I'm loving it.  I also got Gran Turismo, GTA Chinatown Wars, Lemmings, and Mortal Kombat Unchained.  I also went out and picked up Lego Batman and Sims 2 Castaways.  Found a video converter that will change vids to PSP format and upload them to your PSP.  Very cool.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »
Anyone ever did the CFW thing that enables you to play PS1 games?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 08:11:18 AM »
I've downloaded PS1 games from the Sony store, but have yet to make PSP-usable files from my old PS1 discs yet. The one time I tried it, it didn't work.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
I think I'll download them from the PS store too, the cracking is too much of a hassle.
Do you download from the PSN to your computer then move them to the PSP or does it have to be directly to the PSP?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
Download them to your PS3, and connect your PSP to your PS3 via USB to migrate the game.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »
The old PSPs are so easy to mod.

I still have mine :hat

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:11 AM »
I think I'll download them from the PS store too, the cracking is too much of a hassle.
Do you download from the PSN to your computer then move them to the PSP or does it have to be directly to the PSP?

I use Media go, which is (I guess) their preferred software for buying gamed form the Sony Store.  I plug my PSP into the computer, make the purchase and download it and it automatically puts it on my PSP.  I don't think it leaves a copy on my computer.  Though when I'm done playing them, I go into my PSP via Windows Explorer and Move the directories and save files for the game in question over to my computer.

Also, I'm having an issue.  I have a PSP 3000 and I'm finding that now the analog stick will pull down and to the right, i.e. if I let go of the analog stick, the chracter on the screen will sometimes (not always) move in a down/right (southeast) direction.  Not cool.  Anyone else have issues with this?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:47:52 PM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
Oh man I wanna play my PSP but I've lost the charger for it so it's just sitting there like a brick. I got it 6 months before it came out in the UK, shipped it from Japan. Cost £300 including a game and a UMD movie, £75 of which was shipping and import charges, but I just had to have the fucker. I would play Pro Evo on that thing for ages, it's great! I'm pretty sure there's a version of the PS store accessible directly from the PSP menu now, so you don't need a PS3 to download games if I remember correctly. It's been a while, i might be wrong though

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:36 AM »
I use Media go, which is (I guess) their preferred software for buying gamed form the Sony Store.  I plug my PSP into the computer, make the purchase and download it and it automatically puts it on my PSP.  I don't think it leaves a copy on my computer.  Though when I'm done playing them, I go into my PSP via Windows Explorer and Move the directories and save files for the game in question over to my computer.

That sound like a nice easy way, I really want the PSN to come back online so I can try it. Or is that independent from PSN?

Also, I'm having an issue.  I have a PSP 3000 and I'm finding that now the analog stick will pull down and to the right, i.e. if I let go of the analog stick, the chracter on the screen will sometimes (not always) move in a down/right (southeast) direction.  Not cool.  Anyone else have issues with this?

I had the same problem a few month back and really bugged the hell out of me, I researched it on some PSP forums and one of the easiest solution I found is a homebrew application/software you install on your PSP and it enables you to control the sensitivity of the analog stick, so if you decrease it to 50% or 40% it gets less sensitive, you can cancel the analog completely if you decrease it to 20% or 10%, it actually stops working. But you have to decrease it every time you turn the PSP on cause it doesn't save these settings.
This is the software: https://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications/joysens-v15.html
The readme text file inside the zip has clear instructions on how to install it but if you run into any trouble come back and tell me.
This works for me cause I stop the analog stick from working and use the arrows to play. If you need the analog stick to be fully functioning then you're gonna have to replace it with a new one. It's not that they're expensive but they're a bitch to come by AND a bitch to actually open the PSP and replace it.

Oh man I wanna play my PSP but I've lost the charger for it so it's just sitting there like a brick. I got it 6 months before it came out in the UK, shipped it from Japan. Cost £300 including a game and a UMD movie, £75 of which was shipping and import charges, but I just had to have the fucker.

Whoa! That charger costs 10$ at Game Stop here in the States!

I would play Pro Evo on that thing for ages

Fix your PSP and I'll play you online, see what's you're made of  :hat

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 06:39:24 AM »
That sound like a nice easy way, I really want the PSN to come back online so I can try it. Or is that independent from PSN?

It is pretty straightforward and easy.  You can get Media Go from Sony here:  https://us.playstation.com/psn/mediago/  You open up the program and browse the PSP store from Media Go.  It doesn't open up a browser window or anything.  Media Go can also be used as a file manager of sorts, for putting music and pictures on your PSP.  New releases, standard PSP games, and old PS1 games can be downloaded to your PSP (I downloaded Tomb Raider: Last Revelation for the PS1 last year and played through it again).  Now they have a pretty good selection of games, but it isn't the full spectrum of games available for the PSP, so there may be some games you're looking for that you won't find there.

I had the same problem a few month back and really bugged the hell out of me, I researched it on some PSP forums and one of the easiest solution I found is a homebrew application/software you install on your PSP and it enables you to control the sensitivity of the analog stick, so if you decrease it to 50% or 40% it gets less sensitive, you can cancel the analog completely if you decrease it to 20% or 10%, it actually stops working. But you have to decrease it every time you turn the PSP on cause it doesn't save these settings.
This is the software: https://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications/joysens-v15.html
The readme text file inside the zip has clear instructions on how to install it but if you run into any trouble come back and tell me.
This works for me cause I stop the analog stick from working and use the arrows to play. If you need the analog stick to be fully functioning then you're gonna have to replace it with a new one. It's not that they're expensive but they're a bitch to come by AND a bitch to actually open the PSP and replace it.

Is that program for stock PSPs or modded ones?  If push comes to shove, I may have to replace it.  I get torqued up enough playing games on here that require a degree of finesse, moreso if I have to deal with my analog stick fucking with me.  :lol

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »
Oh man I wanna play my PSP but I've lost the charger for it so it's just sitting there like a brick. I got it 6 months before it came out in the UK, shipped it from Japan. Cost £300 including a game and a UMD movie, £75 of which was shipping and import charges, but I just had to have the fucker.

Whoa! That charger costs 10$ at Game Stop here in the States!

I would play Pro Evo on that thing for ages
Fix your PSP and I'll play you online, see what's you're made of  :hat
Whoops I don't mean the charger was £300, I mean the whole PSP package when I got it ages ago, and it was only that expensive because I shipped it so early. And i'm actually pretty rubbish at Pro Evo, only play on Amateur  :facepalm: