Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 81748 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Blues were always facing a tough go against t the AVs but that piece of shit Kadri knew that Binnington had their number and was playing great and him running him was 100% intentional. Would love to see him suffer a career ending injury…..if not for anything to protect whoever is next on his list.

Fn asshole.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I like legit would love to see that happen to him. Just a horrible person and dirty ass player 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You're not behind those threats I've been reading about are you?? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
As I predicted the other day, the second Binnington got ran over, this series was over.  Husso has completely lost the magic he had in the regular season, and the team knows it and is playing like it.

Offline Anguyen92

I like legit would love to see that happen to him. Just a horrible person and dirty ass player 

Look, mate.  I understand you and every Blues fan is hot right now about the Bennington/Kadri incident, but do you really think it was wise for Perron to take the penalty he did when he tried to dive on Kadri?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 09:14:09 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Look, mate.  I understand you and every Blues fan is hot right now about the Bennington/Kardi incident, but do you really think it was wise for Perron to take the penalty he did when he tried to dive on Kadri?

Probably not, but as this game gets out of hand, don't be surprised if the Blues get their pound of flesh.  Darcy Kuemper best watch his ass, as hockey players who just saw their goalie knocked out of the playoffs by being run over are not above doing the same to the other team's goalie.  Retribution is a hallmark of playoff hockey.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Look, mate.  I understand you and every Blues fan is hot right now about the Bennington/Kadri incident, but do you really think it was wise for Perron to take the penalty he did when he tried to dive on Kadri?

Nope. It wasn’t.

Doesn’t change the fact Kadri has now taken out an injured a players in multiple consecutive playoff series and he did it once again this year.

Like I said, it was a long shot for the Blues to win the series but intentionally targeting a hot goalie. It’s frustrating and bullshit that he gets to keep playing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sorry Gary and Kev..I just watched the play. If you guys think Kadri ran Binnington, I don't know what to say.

The guy was reaching, off balance, and got shouldered towards Binnington. His left leg is in a stop mode position and he fell off balance into Binnington. I think Kadri is a douche too, but well, whatever...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry Gary and Kev..I just watched the play. If you guys think Kadri ran Binnington, I don't know what to say.

The guy was reaching, off balance, and got shouldered towards Binnington. His left leg is in a stop mode position and he fell off balance into Binnington. I think Kadri is a douche too, but well, whatever...

We will disagree on that all day long. Made zero effort to avoid the collision and it’s
Tough to be shouldered into the goalie by a player that’s behind you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yeah, I think Chad had it right when he said it was one of those "accidentally on purpose" hits.  Parayko had a chance to do the same to the Avs goalie in the 3rd period the other night, but made an effort to avoid totally clocking him (and I am sure there were many who were wishing he pulled a Kadri and accidentally ran him on purpose as well :lol).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Quote from The Athletic:

Former NHL referee Tim Peel spent 22 years in the league and, watching it unfold on TV on Saturday, agreed that Kadri’s actions weren’t incidental. There wasn’t a penalty called on the play, which Peel understood, but he said that doesn’t take away from Kadri’s intentions.

“What I saw was a player taking advantage of a situation in which two players were going hard to the net,” Peel said. “When it happened, to me at the time, I thought a minor for goalie interference should have been called on the play. But I have no problem with a penalty not being called because in real time it’s hard to tell who made the initial contact, and at most it’s a minor penalty.

“I like Naz Kadri, I like the player a lot, and he’s a very talented player. But what I saw there is a player who knew he could take advantage of a situation and took full advantage of it.

“Do I think he should be suspended? No, I don’t. I don’t think it’s a suspendable offense,” Peel said. “But it seems every playoffs, he is in the spotlight somehow, from (suspension-issued hits on) Tommy Wingels (in 2018) to Jake DeBrusk (2019) to Justin Faulk (2021), and now Jordan Binnington. Is that a coincidence? Probably not.”

The evidence is there…..he’s a danger to the people he plays against and that was a well executed dirty play by one of the best in the business at it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
^ Nailed it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
So as if to proof my point that this was over the second Binnington was lost:

-The Blues are 4-1 in the playoffs in games Binnington starts and finishes.
-They are 1-4 in the other games.

But, hey, if you want to look at just this series on a more micro level:

-In nearly seven periods of play, Binnington allowed four goals in this series.
-In less than six periods of play without Binnington, the Blues have allowed 11 goals in this series.

Case closed.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Like I said....the Blues were facing a tough team and them winning the series was always going to be tough.....Binnington playing at a .948 Save percentage and 1.75 GA was certainly helping and the Blues proved they could hang with them and even outplay them when he was back there. It's done and over....mission accomplished again for Kadri and so now he'll get to move on and play while Binnington heals and the Blues are golfing.

It's a joke that players like him are continually allowed to put opposing players in peril. If I were the Blues I'd play McKechren or Joshua next game....tell them their fines are covered.....and I'd end Kadri's season. Sound ignorant and mean but that's clearly the only thing the guy understands so I'd tit for tat that shit. If I weren't dealing with some of my own 'off ice' issues in the real world I suppose I'd be more ticked off....but, it's only hockey.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Gary, I'm not using this as an opportunity to pick on you, but the thing I recall most about the Blues regular season is how Binnington was awful and that Husso should absolutely be the one taking over. And now all I'm hearing is that with your lord and savior Binnington injured, how the Blues don't stand a chance. I don't like seeing any player get injured, but at the end of the day while the Blues probably didn't have a top tier goalie in the playoffs, they had a solid 1A/1B combo that should have been the perfect insurance policy in just this type of situation.

If they lose now it's not because of Kadri, it's because the Avalanche are a better team.

I am not saying Kadri may not have tried his hardest to avoid Binnington on that play, but if as a defender you play that as the Blues did you have to understand you're potentially inviting that kind of outcome. I may only play rec, so generally not trying as hard as these guys are, but if someone gets their stick under my arm you can bet I'm holding that in with my elbow to get the penalty. Call it lame on my part all you want, but you shouldn't get your stick their in the first place. In Kadri's situation you want to defend him hard, but you then severely limit his ability to clear the goaltender and make a strong play to the net.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Gary, I'm not using this as an opportunity to pick on you, but the thing I recall most about the Blues regular season is how Binnington was awful and that Husso should absolutely be the one taking over. And now all I'm hearing is that with your lord and savior Binnington injured, how the Blues don't stand a chance. I don't like seeing any player get injured, but at the end of the day while the Blues probably didn't have a top tier goalie in the playoffs, they had a solid 1A/1B combo that should have been the perfect insurance policy in just this type of situation.

I was 100% start Husso and stick with him in the playoffs. Kid had a fantastic year and I thought he deserved to ride it out. Binnington was a mess all season and showed no signs of getting better. BUT...for whatever reason, when Berube made the switch in Game 3 vs the Wild Binnington took the ball and ran. He's looked fantastic and played with that cocky ass mojo that he had back in 2019...maybe better.

If anything....I feel a litter better about the ridiculous contract he was given....that, maybe it's not a complete bust

If they lose now it's not because of Kadri, it's because the Avalanche are a better team.

100% agree that the AV's are a better team and that they 'should' have won the series no matter what. BUT....with the way #50 was playing and the confidence the Blues were rolling with....and you could still taste it up until the point in the last game when Kadri ran Binnington....the Blues were every bit 'in' that series and were fully capable of winning it. I mean, They've held all their top scorers (but Kadri) goal-less.

I will disagree that when they lose that Kadri had nothing to do with it. He knew exactly what he was doing on that play.....watch in real time....slow mo....frame by frame....however you want. Rosen had zero influence on Kadri's momentum on that play and Kadri had zero intention of slowing down. He knew he essentially had a free pass to plow Binnington and he took it. He's a POS player proven by his history and the league just allows him to play on like it's no big deal.

It is what it is. I don't think I'm wrong to be frustrated with how that all went down.....it's garbage. After Game 5 I'll be a TB fan and hope that they throttle the AV's in the finals.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Speaking of… one of the most infamous cheap shots in playoff history:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F181mjuEThA

"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline pg1067

So...where do we all stand on Ovechkin at this point?

He scored 50 goals last season and is now at 780 - so he needs 114 to tie and 115 to pass Gretzky.

Unless he replicates his two best seasons (2007-08 and 2008-09), he won't catch Gretz until the 2024-25 season, which will be his year 39 season.  He's under contract until the 2025-26 season, so I'm thinking it's pretty well in the bag unless he suffers a serious injury.  It'd be interesting to see where he'd be but for the lockout and COVID seasons.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I remember watching that live.  I think that is still the biggest cheap shot in playoff history by a wide distance, since I have been watching hockey at least.  Not sure what is 2nd, but it is not close to that.  That is as dirty as it gets.

So...where do we all stand on Ovechkin at this point?

He scored 50 goals last season and is now at 780 - so he needs 114 to tie and 115 to pass Gretzky.

Unless he replicates his two best seasons (2007-08 and 2008-09), he won't catch Gretz until the 2024-25 season, which will be his year 39 season.  He's under contract until the 2025-26 season, so I'm thinking it's pretty well in the bag unless he suffers a serious injury.  It'd be interesting to see where he'd be but for the lockout and COVID seasons.

I think he will play long enough to break the record, and I suspect the Capitals will have no problem bringing him back to make it happen, given what he has meant to the franchise so long as he is still scoring goals at a good clip.   It will be a bummer to see 99's record fall, but that just means he will only have 3,493 records instead of 3,494.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Yeah,  barring injury he'll pass Gretz. I'm rooting for him to do it,  too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I remember watching that live.  I think that is still the biggest cheap shot in playoff history by a wide distance, since I have been watching hockey at least.  Not sure what is 2nd, but it is not close to that.  That is as dirty as it gets.

Easy answer …. It’s Lemieux on Draper. Before clicking the link, I figured Ludwig’s post was either Hunter/Turgenev, or Lemieux/Draper.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Well, you narrowly had something quite similar here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRFUP1RK3A

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Nope, not even close, but Avs fans who have been showing their asses by defending Kadri like he's their grandma sure are yapping about that a lot.

Players taking swipes at opponents after goals is nothing new. Big, big difference between that and what Dale Hunter did.  Heck, in the Blues/Bruins G7 in 2019, after Petro scored to make it 2-0, one of the Bruins literally punched Schenn (I think), who was trailing the play, in the face.  That stuff happens.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Markstrom looks terrible.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Markstrom looks terrible.
No issues with that at all.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Nope, not even close,

How is that not even close? Perron was targeting Kadri. oh, did I just see that he was fined 5k for crosschecking him? Hmmm... But he was definitely not targeting him, I guess...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Because it's not close.  That's how.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Because it's not close.  That's how.

I guess after missing with the elbow, he executed the cross check much better.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yeah, one hockey player trying to hit another is pretty unheard of, eh?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, one hockey player trying to hit another is pretty unheard of, eh?

So you admit it happened?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That hockey players try to hit one another?  Yes, of course.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Good fucking lord.
 Smith....

Goal against from the opposing blue line

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Wow. Caught napping.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa