Author Topic: Does Anyone Know If These Shows Exist?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Mojado Ilegal

Does Anyone Know If These Shows Exist?
« on: April 07, 2021, 02:38:07 PM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:29:21 PM by Mojado Ilegal »

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
Re: Does Anyone Know If These Shows Exist?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 11:26:03 AM »
Non-GDT:
1993-04-12 has a video bootleg, but the sound quality is TERRIBLE. Here's A Change of Seasons from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHvCHFS0tE
1994-12-05 is out there. I don't have it (I prefer the shows from that leg that still had Innocence Faded), so I don't know what the quality is like.
1997-04-19 has a very incomplete video bootleg. Here's the Nightmare Cinema segment from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxtwyYuPK_4

GDT:
1994-12-04 & 05 are GDT-R037 Desert Awakenings.
2000-01-31 is GDT-R021 First on the Scene.
2002-10-23 is GDT-R050 Majestic Paris.

I'm not aware of any bootlegs of the rest (others probably know better), and I don't actually have any of these myself. (I used to have 1993-04-12, but I never watched it so I deleted it)
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »
09/01/04 Capital Music Hall, Ottawa, ONT, Canada

Just here to say that I so much wish this one existed. I guess what the "Improvised Jam" was like will be forever lost to history. Killer setlist, too.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Mojado Ilegal

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 06:46:55 PM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:29:38 PM by Mojado Ilegal »

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »
For the 04/12/93 show, I had hoped there was an audio version but I guess there's only a video recording
Actually, I'm pretty sure an audio bootleg exists of this show, because I remember ACoS from this show was included as a bonus track on an old silver CD bootleg (I think from the 1992/10/04 show), and it was much better sounding than the video of the same show, although I don't have that track in my collection now. However, as far as I know, the rest of that recording of the show never made it into circulation.

As for the 03/26/04 show, I thought there was a recording of JPs guitar solo from that night on the DTIFC release "A Sort Of Homecoming"?
I would have presumed there was a recording of it unless it came from MPs archive and that he is the only one who actually has the whole show. It would be really cool to see that show surface one day, especially since it has the final "The Killing Hand" performance.
Most of the DTIFC releases were from MP's archive, and the compilation that make up "A Sort of Homecoming" are all directly from him. In fact, IIRC, the fan clubs received it completely edited together - it wasn't as if MP gave them all the shows and someone in one of the fan clubs edited everything together.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »

Most of the DTIFC releases were from MP's archive, and the compilation that make up "A Sort of Homecoming" are all directly from him. In fact, IIRC, the fan clubs received it completely edited together - it wasn't as if MP gave them all the shows and someone in one of the fan clubs edited everything together.

I can confirm this. MP sent me the complete CD already put together for BigDrahma to master for release.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:17:49 PM by Weymolith »
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.