Author Topic: Has there ever been talk of changing the GDT rules?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
Has there ever been talk of changing the GDT rules?
« on: January 14, 2021, 11:12:48 AM »
Here in UK Lockdown #3, I've been turning my eyes back to DT bootlegs, which I've not really immersed myself in for the past three or four years, really. But, things really remain exactly as they were when I moved on to other obsessions; thanks to the rather wonderful DC++ hub, I have access to all the bootlegs I'm interested in except for GDT bootlegs, but I don't feel comfortable sharing my home address with people on the internet, and the GDT rules don't appear likely to change, so my bootleg collection has reached its final form (well, things have slightly changed in that with the closure of ytsejamrecords, it's possible I'll never have the last few official bootlegs I was interested in getting).

... But, here's what I wonder: Has a GDT rules change ever been discussed?

Not trying to push for anything, call anyone out, or really rock the boat at all; I doubt my whims would change any minds, I'm just curious as to whether this has ever been discussed.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline cfmoran13

Re: Has there ever been talk of changing the GDT rules?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 02:39:11 PM »
Are you referring to not allowing GDT boots to be traded electronically?   If so, I don't foresee that changing.  If you don't want to share your home address, you could always get a PO Box.  Pay for one month, make a huge physical trade and close it down when you're done.  Not the most ideal.  But, it is an alternative to giving out your home address.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Has there ever been talk of changing the GDT rules?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 02:41:03 PM »
There's still lots of good boots on Dime.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol