Author Topic: Buckethead Thread  (Read 18911 times)

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
Re: Buckethead Thread
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2015, 05:19:42 PM »
Upside-down Skyway is very nice, listened to that a few times!  :laugh:
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Nomaniac

• Long Live Dream Theater!!!
  • Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »
Cool thanks  ;D
"Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live"

Offline Nomaniac

• Long Live Dream Theater!!!
  • Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
Great stuff btw Kotowboy!!! Listened to Alpha Rhythm Generator and yeah it rocks!!!  :metal
"Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live"

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
A Ghost Took My Homework  :metal  :metal  :metal  :metal

Nice Metal-bucket!  :angel:
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2015, 10:19:54 PM »
So Much, So Good.

Its an overload on Buckethead.

Got to try and listen sometime.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Pragmaticcircus

« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »
Sunken Parlor is  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal (a masterpiece) So great after the very ambient 'x days till halloween' series
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »
Great stuff btw Kotowboy!!! Listened to Alpha Rhythm Generator and yeah it rocks!!!  :metal

:metal I thank.

Offline Pragmaticcircus

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2015, 09:14:45 PM »
Anyone else heard Four Forms?
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »
I may have mentioned it before, but I download Buckethead's pikes through Amazon.  Every couple of months, Amazon offers $1 digital download credits if you have prime and choose "no rush" shipping instead of 2-day 

Every several months I see what Amazon has released of the pikes (normally they only have maybe 40% of them).  I sample all of the latest ones released (they aren't released to amazon in order).  To my dismay, most of what he released to Amazon since the summer are awesome.  Fortunately, a lot of them are 2 or 3 tracks.  They were also slightly cheaper than normal.  $1.78 for a 2 track - 28 minute album.  Not bad at all. 

I just "purchased" (well, free download credits):

Project Little Man
Infinity of the Spheres
Listen for the Whisper
Northern Lights
The Left Panel

All two tracks.  All WAYYYYYYY worth $1.78 each.

I also got The Boiling Pond (pretty good) and Twisterland (awesome). 

All together that makes 26 pikes I have acquired, probably only spending a total of $25 bucks total after the download credits I accumulated. 

Of those, I would say 90% are badass but I did a lot of research before I got them. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
Bootsy and Buckethead - Monster Mash cover. Gotta day it’s pretty good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXLWmyb84EI
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2020, 07:34:42 AM »
It looks like the new Pikes have been delayed, but a new piece was released from Pike 276

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vdDvgNrqLI
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk